PDA

View Full Version : Mods:Uploadable OR Not?-1

MourningStar
09-14-08, 04:15 PM
I have a Hendrix bio I have not seen circulating (I picked up at a used music shop). It has the following note:

"This production contains no music by Jimi Hendrix and is not an authorized product of the Jimi Hendrix Estate or any of their associated concerns"

I checked both 'Official' & 'Unofficial' at H-P's 'In from The Storm' and it does not appear.

thnx,

voodoo_child58
09-14-08, 04:40 PM
Is it this one?

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh148/voodoo_child58/Docu0001.jpg

Emilovious
09-14-08, 05:05 PM
I think mourning Star talks about 3DVD set "The Uncut Story".
It does not contain any Jimi's music and is not Experience Hendrix' product but it's still official documentary and therefore not acceptable for upload on this site (running time: approximately 3 hours).
Am I right?
Even if I am not right, such note only means that the producers did not get the permission from Experience Hendrix to use Jimi's music or images they own the rights for. Nevertheless, it is still licensed to them, therefore official and commercial product and authors own the rights for it which means it's not acceptable for torrenting anywhere without their permission.

MourningStar
09-14-08, 06:09 PM
No, it is neither of those. However, based on Emil's explanation I will not upload it.

thnx,

Olvator
09-14-08, 06:39 PM
hmmmm, ok now this is a hard task. I like that doc a lot ( i think I have seen clips on youtube), but even if this is not licensed by the Hendrix estate, it is still officially available, and that is where we would cross the line. so I do feel sorry, but I have to say no. Emil is correct.
To draw this line is important to all of us, it is the basis of sites like these....
cheers nonetheless, olve

pancho1111
09-14-08, 06:45 PM
Marcos: I didn't understood how can somebody identify the thing if we don't know the answers to this questions..:
Which is the tittle of the bio?
its a CD or Dvd?
who are the authors/owners?
what label is it?
and the curiosity made me to ask .. :)

MourningStar
09-14-08, 06:57 PM
Which is the title of the bio? : If Six Were Nine
its a CD or Dvd? : CD Audio Book
who are the authors/owners? Delta Music
what label is it? Laserlight

Olvator
09-14-08, 07:18 PM
ok, so now that we know exactly....
is it officially available? YES
so that is a NO for CTT

MourningStar
09-14-08, 07:32 PM
ok, so now that we know exactly....
is it officially available? YES

Do you mean "commercially" available?

Because it is available at a store, does this really mean it is "official" material?

BBB
09-14-08, 07:42 PM
yes, I believe so....