PDA

View Full Version : Jimi Hendrix Various news reports Sept. 18, 1970

paul56
09-18-08, 10:25 AM
Jimi Hendrix
Various news reports
Sept. 18, 1970

Les Perrin interview (Jimi's Press agent)
US TV News reports
Veronica Dutch Radio
Seen and Heard Report w/Alexis Korner and Keith Altham Interviews
ITV News UK

Quality: Very rough, but historic!!!

Notes: On this day 38 years ago Jimi Hendrix left this Earth. I went through and compiled some tapes I had from that day and the following days documenting this historic and tragic event. Alexis Korner has some interesting things to say that turned out to be spot on about Jimi's legacy. To me Jimi was the most talented and coolest rock stars that ever walked this Earth. His talent was amazing and unassailable....this was not some rich kid who emerged from an art school, rather a poor kid who rode the wings of his talents to the top of the world. Maybe commenters can give a thought or two on Jimi...maybe you were lucky enough to see him play and want to share what that was like. Jimi, we miss you...

Special thanks to Markum7

Emilovious
09-18-08, 10:31 AM
Thank you Paul. Nice compilation and good idea.

voodoo_child58
09-18-08, 11:20 AM
Thank you Paul. Nice compilation and good idea.

I agree.
Thank you very much.

Steev
09-18-08, 12:06 PM
In (bittersweet) CELEBRATION!!!!! :beer:
Thanx Paul. Wonderful idea.

cosmic
09-18-08, 01:43 PM
Thanks Paul! I totally agree that this guy is, was and always gonna be one of a kind and that he and his friends probably are jammin' above us right now, with a big big smile on his face!

mike1061
09-18-08, 09:19 PM
Thanks
Mike

Emilovious
09-19-08, 07:54 AM
Paul, please, can you give us precise info about what's on every track exactly. I can guess pretty accurately, but would like to be absolutely
sure (want to make artwork).
Thanks in advance.

Emilovious
09-22-08, 09:25 PM
Paul, please, can you give us precise info about what's on every track exactly. I can guess pretty accurately, but would like to be absolutely sure (want to make artwork).
Thanks in advance.

I really don't understand why is it so hard to write: "Sorry guys I don't know exactly which track is what because I downloaded this from DIME and in fact isn't my compilation so I haven't a slightest clue."
No, it's better to ignore all the posts and those who'll find by themselves, good for them, those who will not, well, sorry guys, I really don't care.

Steev
09-22-08, 10:43 PM
:scarface7mn:
:docd:
:april:
:82cfc67d3dd9b9c3ad1

Olvator
09-23-08, 04:25 AM
I really don't understand why is it so hard to write: "Sorry guys I don't know exactly which track is what because I downloaded this from DIME and in fact isn't my compilation so I haven't a slightest clue."
No, it's better to ignore all the posts and those who'll find by themselves, good for them, those who will not, well, sorry guys, I really don't care.

well, it might as well be that paul56 just reproduced the original note set here, and the sentence (" I went through some old tapes and compiled this...") was not referring to paul56 but rather the original uploader@dime and/or original creator of this torrent....

Emilovious
09-23-08, 11:43 PM
OK, then I'll go again.

Emil:
Please, Paul, can' you give us more details about this torrent tracks list.

Paul:
Sorry, don't know, downloaded it from DIME and the above is just
pasted original info.

Emil:
Thanks Paul.

or another one started above and never finished...

Emil.
Thanks Paul. Nice torrent and great idea.

Paul:
Thanks Emil, however, that's not exactly my idea, downloaded the torrent from DIME.

Emil:
Thanks anyway, Paul.

If you want to understand, shouldn't be too hard for you to understand it..
If you don't want to understand, well, you don't.

voodoo_child58
09-24-08, 04:49 AM
As first I would like to thank Paul 56 for this torrent and for the opportunity of sharing with us these historic recordings.
About the info:
It could happen that somebody uploads a torrent picked up somewhere in the web and there is not much information than the one given from the original uploader, as in this case.
I presume, this site is frequented also by experts in the matter of Jimi Hendrix... So who has information about the upload, can add it to the thread.
I think that the purpose of this site is also to share information.
...But please let's not go into too much detail about this.
Thank you

Steev
09-24-08, 07:25 AM
Next consideration. . . . .
A person posts a wonderful tribute to Jimi and then gets busy and is not available for some days.
Not sitting in front of his computer 24/7 like some of us ;)

The chief complaint-ant [allegedly-from tone] seems to pre-suppose the giver is sitting/waiting in front of said's laptop reading said complaint-ant's queries and sits there, rubbing chin, one eyebrow raised, Mona Lisa smile, going:
Heh heh heh. I'm just not going to answer . . . . . . . . . .
We all know better than that. As Loving, Giving, Beautiful humans, we must allow for the "Gap" factor every now & then. Yes?
How's the Artwork coming?

Thanx for the Morning Chat.
Peace
PEACE
PEACE

Emilovious
09-24-08, 10:27 AM
OK, I admit, you're right Steev and I'm wrong.
But Paul is active and posting elsewhere, so I'm a
bit disappointed that he couldn't answer a simple question
for 5 days.

Artwork is coming, Steev.
It's just that this morning I had some serious situation
in my family that would last for a week or so, so I can't be
sure when exactly I'm going to finish it.
But it'll be done, maybe even later this evening but I really
can't give any promises.

hendrix68
10-15-08, 06:49 PM
thanx paul! my thoughts on Jimi have grown since i joined CTT. Mostly from the music and some of the photos, it all seems to make him more human. the sounds he played around with whether his guitar was in tune or not seemed to always express some emotion, were always testing the bounderies of a single note. The more i listen, the more i dig this gentle human being. His raw ability to blow people away and make it real! His like will not walk this earth anytime soon....

MusicJunky
04-27-09, 09:04 PM
Nice work, Thanks!

Trotzkee
05-03-09, 04:21 PM
Jimi on my mind

Horizon
11-08-10, 03:24 PM
This place is a goldmine! I've been searching for the Les Perrin interview for a long time. Thank you so much.

Hendrixx
04-02-14, 10:36 PM
Thanks. Can we get some seeds.

funkydrummer
05-10-14, 07:05 AM
Thanks. Can we get some seeds.

I missed this first time around - so many thanks for seeing again!

uncle carmi
08-26-15, 09:37 PM
Can someone re-seed this please? thanks

Paul Fitz
08-27-15, 04:38 PM
I can get you to 99.8%. I can't hash-up the final piece (ffp & Info files) as I used to have a bad habit of adding IFTS references to text files. I have now stopped doing this and create my own separate files for additional info. There is a seed with 100% so hopefully you will get the whole thing soon.