PDA

View Full Version : 2007-11-27 'Wereldberoemd' Radio6NL - music only

johanincr
09-24-08, 07:00 PM
2007-11-27 Radio6NL 'Wereldberoemd' (music only)

(Wereldberoemd=Worldfamous)

[On 2007-11-27 Dutch Radio station Radio6 celebrated Jimi's 65th birthday, the day's theme was 'can Jimi Hendrix retire at 65?'
Lots of Hendrix music was played on the radio that day, and for nearly 3 hours a -for the moment unnamed- Dutch collector co-hosted the show, bringing with him a nice collection of officially unreleased Hendrix. This is a torrent of all the music played during those 3 hours. A completer torrent containing the full 3 hours will appear here shortly if there is interest from the Dutch-speaking people.]

>1 intro
>2 foxy lady (13)
>3 fire (no guitar) ()
>4 botml ()(?)
>5 Summertime Blues (1)
>6 Dance ()
>7 Tears of Rage ()
>8 Come on Pt.1 (1)
>9 HMT (rah) ()
>10 crash landing (2?)
>11 TTIUTD (4 or 5)
>12 McL jam excerpt (1#)
>13 Who Knows (28jan merge) ()
>14 Power of Soul (36?)
>15 Hey Baby (intro) ()

track notes:

1 is a short collage introducing the program
2 Hoepla VPRO TV 1967-11-10
3 No guitar mix, as on [...]
4 different mix
5 Collage
6 different mix
7 Hendrix/Caruso jam tape, complete tape is not in circulation.
8 the French single version, take [...]
9 RAH 1969-02-18 soundboard, this is the only available song from this source.
11 w/ Johnny Winter
12 w/ John McLaughlin, excerpt only
13 MSG 1970-01-28 EB merge excerpt
15 Maui 1970-07-30, intro only

tracks 5 & 7 are collages because the full tracks arent in circulation.

All tracks: various sources>CD-R>FM>CD-R>WAV>FLAC

Please dont sell this.
Please dont torrent this on other sites for the time being.

Enjoy! (thats the easy part :-)

CROSSTOWNTORRENTS 2008-09-25 02:00

Steev
09-24-08, 08:54 PM
[A completer torrent containing the full 3 hours will appear here shortly if there is interest from the Dutch-speaking people.]

==============================

I don't speak Dutch, but if you've got more Jimi I've never heard out there, I can't think of a more enjoyable way to spend 3 hours ! !
Thanx J :) :) :)

MoveAround
09-25-08, 01:28 AM
Steev, I think Johan means a version with the talking inclusive 'cause in his comment he writes that this is the music played those 3 hours.

Johan, I'm very interested also in the talk between the songs played. I missed the program itself.

ThX for this music only

bolexje
09-25-08, 02:02 AM
I am interested to hear the full programme, so please feel free to upload that. Maybe a time for some others to learn some Dutch ?
Alvast bedankt !

jamminjimi
09-25-08, 04:50 AM
I would love to hear the whole program as well :-)

Emilovious
09-25-08, 05:13 AM
Nice upload Johan!

...Maybe a time for some others to learn some Dutch ?
Alvast bedankt !

"Learn-some--Dutch-in-3-hours" method?
I'm VERY interested!
What did you say that at the end?
:-))

Steev
09-25-08, 08:03 AM
Yes - "Functional" Dutch for me too. How would you say, "We honor the life of James Marshall Hendrix?"

Alvast bedankt ! :) What did I just say?
Thanx again J.
Peace :)

jimijames
09-25-08, 10:05 AM
Very nice upload, :thayou219bl:

opib
09-25-08, 01:39 PM
Many thanks for the upload!

That Hear my Train certainly sounds like me wanting more...

Emilovious
09-25-08, 09:02 PM
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7837/frontxu8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
By emilovius (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/emilovius)

Emilovious
09-25-08, 09:20 PM
Maybe even better title would be "Happy 65th Birthday, Jimi!" but didn't
think of it while I was making the art.
I hope these cover-posts of mine are not annoying too many people.
I like to make them for my personal use, and share them for those who
also like to have printed covers.
In any case, this is wonderful compilation and those of you who can
make better one (cover), please do it because this set certainly deserves
good artwork.

dino77
09-26-08, 02:57 AM
Thanks!
This version of "Dance" must be new to circulation? - the "acetate" version has different vocals.
Very intriguing with a SB track from 180269 :)!
Mitch and Noel play really bad! No wonder Chas Chandler wanted to "fire" the band.

johanincr
09-26-08, 03:30 AM
I hope these cover-posts of mine are not annoying too many people.
I like to make them for my personal use, and share them for those who
also like to have printed covers.

What is annoying is (sorry!) that you renamed track 12 into something it really isnt, so while the info was 'perfectly' OK, some people now have covers listing
M.L.K. when in fact its part of the McL jam.
i know, its easily revised, but there's no way everyone who downloaded this and your covers will visit this thread again because it turned out the covers list incorrect info. So in the future please dont rush to make and post covers, it pays to to triplecheck everything.

johanincr
09-26-08, 03:32 AM
Thanks!
This version of "Dance" must be new to circulation? - the "acetate" version has different vocals.
Very intriguing with a SB track from 180269 :)!
Mitch and Noel play really bad! No wonder Chas Chandler wanted to "fire" the band.

Indeed, plus its odd that nobody comments on 'tears of rage' which also isnt exactly widely ciruclated.

Emilovious
09-26-08, 07:36 AM
Well, I made the mistake on the cover, sorry.
However, that's not exactly easy to revise since you can't
edit your posts after couple of hours.
"Editing time" for that post have passed
and maybe you Johan, as a moderator can delete it?
If you can do it, you can also post the revised art
(since it's easy to revise).

cragtopper
09-26-08, 11:29 AM
Thank you very much for sharing this. Only downloaded Royal Albert Hall so far - very interesting of course. And it seems at least some of the other stuff is also not widely circulated. This is now a very important site for us Hendrix fans / collectors ................

Emilovious
09-26-08, 12:22 PM
Indeed, plus its odd that nobody comments on 'tears of rage' which also isnt exactly widely ciruclated.

In that context it's worth mentioning that you're the only one
who noticed the error on the cover.
This isn't my first mistake but this is the first time
that someone else noticed it before myself.
Same happened with Fort Worth and one more (forgot
exactly which one at the moment) artwork.
:-((

opib
09-26-08, 01:13 PM
I can only speak for myself, but i tend to download all i don't have and listen to it (watch it) when (if) i find some peacefull time. Sadly, i (and many people i know) have to work for too many hours a day to keep some money flowing in.

Took a day off today and found some time to listen. There are quite a few recordings in this torrent i never heard before, the power of soul and crash landing takes were new to me, still no time to find out if i already had them...
And i really like that hmt, its rough, amelodical (thats the right word? don't know), may be thats why i like it.

Thanks again tor the upload! I guess someday i will find the time to appreciate all the things i downloaded here.

I even received beautiful music through a snail mail trade but didn't find time for more than a quick listen through. But many thanks again to the one concerned!

Emilovious
09-26-08, 01:16 PM
Repaired back cover:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4967/backrk0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
By emilovius (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/emilovius)

Emilovious
09-26-08, 01:21 PM
The cut in "Dance" at 1.31, is it only an FM "artefact"
or on the original as well?

johanincr
09-26-08, 01:22 PM
thanks emil,
i just (finally :-) removed the earlier backcover.

its a FM dropout afaik btw

Borndead
09-28-08, 03:41 PM
GOOOOOOOD ! :rasta:

Ayler
09-29-08, 03:57 AM
I have to say that this one is a REALLY good one. The "Get My Heart Back Together" version (even if Mitch has serious tempo problems) is much better that the audience source let me believe. Jimi sings very well, & he really smokes on his guitar solo.
Would be great to hear more from that concert...

Indeed, plus its odd that nobody comments on 'tears of rage' which also isnt exactly widely ciruclated.The 5th Dylan cover from Jimi! A nice one IMHO.

I hope these cover-posts of mine are not annoying too many people.Not at all.

Borndead
09-30-08, 12:16 PM
I have to say that this one is a REALLY good one. The "Get My Heart Back Together" version (even if Mitch has serious tempo problems) is much better that the audience source let me believe. Jimi sings very well, & he really smokes on his guitar solo.
Would be great to hear more from that concert...

The 5th Dylan cover from Jimi! A nice one IMHO.

Exactly ! :bang:

jimijames
10-04-08, 12:36 PM
This is really great stuff !!! Brilliant Hear My Train :)

neerjoop
11-05-08, 05:13 PM
Johan bedankt, ik heb de show niet gehoord en bedankt voor de hoesjes.

drivinsouth
11-06-08, 07:13 AM
thanks ...complete version of "tears of rage,"nice
and HETAC nice nice.."Burning Of Midnight Lamp" seems to be new too ?
thanks again

arnout21
11-09-08, 06:39 AM
Thanks!

(Hartstikke bedankt,, ik heb het gevolgd via internet, maar had nooit gedacht dat iemand het zou opnemen.. super!)

manfree
11-09-08, 11:43 AM
Yes, Yes,Yes This is a wonderful comp. Many many Thanks!

Roland Stone
11-12-08, 12:53 AM
Yes I'd been searching everywhere for a good quality alternate BOTML for my ongoing "The Alternate ELL" project. This is the first and only complete alternate take I've found. Definitely not just a "different mix" as the info description states. The vocal is completely different and I'm pretty sure the whole thing is an early run-through, not just a different mix.

orcanaoftime
04-09-09, 05:57 PM
The cut in "Dance" at 1.31, is it only an FM "artefact"
or on the original as well?

Why was this track left off of "Noel Redding - The Experience Sessions" cd? It should have been included.

johanincr
04-09-09, 08:22 PM
its Mitch singing, not Noel, on 'Dance'

stplsd
04-11-09, 05:09 PM
Any chance some kind soul could open it up, it's on infinity level? looks very tasty too.

thunderbaas
04-12-09, 11:35 AM
High there Johanincr.Another great contribution by your hand.Love this compilation.Thanks a lot."Tears of rage" is new to me.I red an article in a dutch news paper about an Auction comming up the 28th of April,of a "new"
Hendrix HomeTape from 1968,one of the Titles on this tape was "Tears of Rage"
So putting one & one together,I thought these Tapes could be the Jimi Hendrix / Paul Caruso tapes.Do you or anyone else can tell me something about these??? Would be Great (Not that I have the intention of bidding on this tape,I don't have 55.000 dollar lying about,which seems to be the startbid(sick) Let's just hope it turns up here on CTT in the near future.
I also have a second request to you johanincr,you mentioned something about torrenting the complete dutch radioshow,incl the text.As I am dutch,
& a completionist,that sure sounds interresting.Love to listen to & record radioshows about Jimi anyway,but missed out on this one totally.So if it ain't to much trouble I would love to get the whole show.I even volunteer to make a translation in english,if there's an interest from the english speaking CTTers.

All the best,
Thunderbaas

johanincr
04-12-09, 11:46 AM
Hi Thunderbaas,

The version that includes the spoken portions is already here:
http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?t=837

I might have to reseed it though, so give me an hour or so :-)

You are connecting the dots the right way about the Tears of Rage/Caruso tape. The version played on the radio show came from a earlier sampletape of the same recording. AFAIK no collector has a straight copy of the full tape right now, but some samplers are doing the rounds, for years already actually.
One other song from the same tape is 'My Friend' which turned up on the excellent jonsattic torrent 'Out in the Sun' - which you probably have.

Hope that answered your questions:)

thunderbaas
04-12-09, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info Johanincr.I do have "Out in the Sun" allready indeed,gonna check out "My friend" right away.As mentioned before let's hope the "Caruso Tapes" apear somewhere somehow on the net soon.The same happened with the "Sotheby Tapes" a couple of years ago as I understood.
Thanks again for the quick reply

Thunderbaas

rocknroll
10-21-09, 07:14 PM
this is really great to hear
thank you

Ezy Rider
10-22-09, 03:15 AM
Nederlands? Graag!

sillyworm
10-30-09, 11:31 PM
THANKS! This is a real treat...esp the live Hear My Train,BOTML(WOW!) and COME ON PT.1....This is one fun killer CDs worth of prime Hendrix.

zombywoof57
12-18-10, 09:59 PM
A huge thank_you

aboslutes
08-27-11, 10:35 PM
THANX 4 THIS

alien
07-28-14, 08:53 AM
Any one care to send me this once again ?
Thx!