PDA

View Full Version : A Request...

Herman Cherusken
10-16-08, 03:30 PM
Anyone having a bootleg named 'gypsy on cloud 9' (or something similar), and anyone having a seed for it...? Supposedly a bunch of Jimi's studio jams and some really good...

Thanks...

Olvator
10-16-08, 03:41 PM
Anyone having a bootleg named 'gypsy on cloud 9' (or something similar), and anyone having a seed for it...? Supposedly a bunch of Jimi's studio jams and some really good...

Thanks...

yes! i have that one. it was a vinyl boot from the end of the 80ties (I think). When it came out, it was the first one to have a longer unedited version of the infamous MLK/Captain Coconut jam. That was a nice bootleg LP really.
All the material on that boot should be here on the tracker in better quality though (but spread across different torrents). here is HPīs info from his site (not too much though....)

Gypsy on Cloud Nine (Jester (Grand) JP 106 / 1986 / 2LP) ftbfs: B094
(Outtakes 1968-70 [incl."Crash Landing" (http://home.online.no/~hpjohnse/hendrixoff.html#crash)-outtakes])

letīs see what I remember out of my head about the contents....
it had for sure:
Further on up the road
Captain Coconut
Blue Suede shoes (as on Loose Ends, but complete (almost at least)
Little Drummer boy (with female choir)
Astro Man

hmmm thatīs all I remember....oh, Peace in Mississppi and a rare version of Ezy/Cherokee....actually that one might be rare,.....

i am at work now, i will check when i am back home, ok?

Herman Cherusken
10-16-08, 03:51 PM
Ah thanks for the info, I think I have seen the stuff you mention among the material I already have downloaded...

Emilovious
10-19-08, 06:28 PM
Olve,
since it seems that version of this boot in circulation is cropped
(12 tracks out of 14 only and some possibly not from the original
album) it would be really nice if you can make a transfer of this
old boot and post it for us.
Thanks anyway.
(I didn't forget the scans I promised, don't worry).

Olvator
10-20-08, 06:17 AM
Olve,
since it seems that version of this boot in circulation is cropped
(12 tracks out of 14 only and some possibly not from the original
album) it would be really nice if you can make a transfer of this
old boot and post it for us.
Thanks anyway.
(I didn't forget the scans I promised, don't worry).

hmmmm....i can make a transfer....but my vinyl is not in the best shape anymore....this would really only be for completists then....