PDA

View Full Version : File Decoding Software Links

hawkfan369
10-19-08, 01:05 PM
Traders Little Helper

Traders of lossless compressed audio files (e.g. ape, flac, mkw, or shn files) have to handle a lot of different applications to decode, encode, create/verify checksums, fix sector boundary errors, or create torrent files. Moreover most of the tools used are command-line programs requiring a deeper knowledge of how to use various parameters. Trader's Little Helper bundles the most important features of those applications in one single easy-to-use frontend.

http://tlh.easytree.org/files/tralih241160.exe

FLAC Frontend

FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. This is similar to how Zip works, except with FLAC you will get much better compression because it is designed specifically for audio, and you can play back compressed FLAC files in your favorite player (or your car or home stereo, see supported devices) just like you would an MP3 file.

FLAC stands out as the fastest and most widely supported lossless audio codec, and the only one that at once is non-proprietary, is unencumbered by patents, has an open-source reference implementation, has a well documented format and API, and has several other independent implementations.

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

Gypsy Eyes
11-22-10, 12:50 PM
Hey man, do you know a way I can convert dvd VOBs, BUPs and IFOs to avi's or WMV's without quality loss?

I can upload lots more once I can edit the dvd files!

Thanks man :)

firstrays
12-09-10, 07:36 AM
Hi Gypsy Eyes,
personally I like this one...

http://www.avsmedia.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx

Mick

Makkinen
12-10-10, 02:07 AM
Hey man, do you know a way I can convert dvd VOBs, BUPs and IFOs to avi's or WMV's without quality loss?

I can upload lots more once I can edit the dvd files!

Thanks man :)

You can only convert VOBs to avi or WMV but no matter what decoder you use there will always be quality loss. That's like trying to find a program that will convert Flacs to MP3 without quality loss.
BUPs and IFOs are not video files and therefore you can't convert them to avi or WMV or any other video container.
The best way to edit complete DVDs is to use Nero Recode. With that program you can save parts of the video you want and delete parts you don't need. You can even edit the menu. However it doesn't work with all DVDs but the quality is preserved 100% as well as functionality of the original DVD. It's also best for re-coding DVD9 into DVD5 (however, with loss of quality, of course).
For editing only VOB files, without saving the original menu (but you can create a new one yourself) use Nero Vision.

Gypsy Eyes
12-11-10, 12:45 PM
You can only convert VOBs to avi or WMV but no matter what decoder you use there will always be quality loss. That's like trying to find a program that will convert Flacs to MP3 without quality loss.
BUPs and IFOs are not video files and therefore you can't convert them to avi or WMV or any other video container.
The best way to edit complete DVDs is to use Nero Recode. With that program you can save parts of the video you want and delete parts you don't need. You can even edit the menu. However it doesn't work with all DVDs but the quality is preserved 100% as well as functionality of the original DVD. It's also best for re-coding DVD9 into DVD5 (however, with loss of quality, of course).
For editing only VOB files, without saving the original menu (but you can create a new one yourself) use Nero Vision.

Thanks alot man. And I just suppose we have opposite views about the whole resync thing. Thanks again

MourningStar
12-11-10, 02:15 PM
For editing only VOB files, without saving the original menu (but you can create a new one yourself) use Nero Vision.great reply, you nailed it.

zombywoof57
12-14-10, 10:32 PM
Traders Little Helper

Traders of lossless compressed audio files (e.g. ape, flac, mkw, or shn files) have to handle a lot of different applications to decode, encode, create/verify checksums, fix sector boundary errors, or create torrent files. Moreover most of the tools used are command-line programs requiring a deeper knowledge of how to use various parameters. Trader's Little Helper bundles the most important features of those applications in one single easy-to-use frontend.

http://tlh.easytree.org/files/tralih241160.exe

FLAC Frontend

FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. This is similar to how Zip works, except with FLAC you will get much better compression because it is designed specifically for audio, and you can play back compressed FLAC files in your favorite player (or your car or home stereo, see supported devices) just like you would an MP3 file.

FLAC stands out as the fastest and most widely supported lossless audio codec, and the only one that at once is non-proprietary, is unencumbered by patents, has an open-source reference implementation, has a well documented format and API, and has several other independent implementations.

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html
thanks HawkFan i got a better understanding of flac and lossless