PDA

View Full Version : Hansson & Karlsson

Herman Cherusken
10-29-08, 06:26 AM
As you all know, Jimi jammed with the two Swedish dudes Hansson & Karlsson sometime in 1967 while on tour in Sweden, and Jimi was captured by their 'Tax Free' which he frequently featured on his shows...

Just for your info, if you havent heard it yet, here's H's and K's version: Tax Free (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1VibSgVRbo)

And here is a short program on Swedish TV about those two dudes and their short musical collaboration in the 60s. They were early and miles ahead of others, with their own sound and grove, and had Zappa and Jimi coming as big eyed fans. It's in Swedish so most of you wont understand nada, but you can pick up on some of the grove they had going: Musikbyrån (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpnaBCPJGs)

While Karlsson quit drumming in early 70s, Hansson went on with music as a solo artist and had a pretty decent musical career...

dino77
01-03-09, 02:21 PM
Janne Karlsson has been a famous Swedish actor/entertainment figure för the last 35 years. In a Swedish Television program broadcast last week he was asked about playing with Hendrix. He could only recall that they were all high on lsd, and that he felt "30 feet up in the air".
I noticed that 2 hours of the HK/Hendrix tapes have surfaced, being described as "worse than the Ephron session" in The Benjamin Franklin Studios. Has anyone heard those? In that case EXP Hendrix might have passed on them anyway.

JediLuke
01-04-09, 03:34 AM
Great music! I listen the original version sometimes ago :-)
Maybe someone have a notes for this composition?
Or guitar pro tabulatures? :-)

scouse303
02-24-09, 05:13 AM
I seem to remember Hanson did a synth-y album inspired by The Hobbit back in the 70's - my mate Danny played it endlessly ( or so it seemed at the time !)

:bartmoon:

Olvator
02-24-09, 05:38 AM
I noticed that 2 hours of the HK/Hendrix tapes have surfaced, being described as "worse than the Ephron session" in The Benjamin Franklin Studios. Has anyone heard those? In that case EXP Hendrix might have passed on them anyway.

worse than the Ephron sessions? who wrote that / where is that coming from?
It is hard to imagine that even an out-of-mind-LSD jam with HK and others could be that bad.

stplsd
02-24-09, 05:48 AM
I noticed that 2 hours of the HK/Hendrix tapes have surfaced, being described as "worse than the Ephron session" in The Benjamin Franklin Studios. Has anyone heard those? .

Yes, and the above is an accurate description - boring in the xtreme. If you must, you can hear it on ATM 152-157 (Kick Out The Jams) Disc 1.

But I enjoyed HC's Youtube link about them. Thanks Herman

Olvator
02-24-09, 05:52 AM
Yes, and the above is an accurate description - boring in the xtreme. If you must, you can hear it on ATM 152-157 (Kick Out The Jams) Disc 1.

But I enjoyed HC's Youtube link about them. Thanks Herman

the portions on Kick out the jams are just snippets, and not the so-called two hour version of the tape that allegedly exists. Plus those snippets are either fake, or they have been introduced to heavy flanging sound effects afterwards. I agree, they do sound like shit.

dino77
02-24-09, 09:33 AM
the portions on Kick out the jams are just snippets, and not the so-called two hour version of the tape that allegedly exists. Plus those snippets are either fake, or they have been introduced to heavy flanging sound effects afterwards. I agree, they do sound like shit.

The description comes from "From the Benjamin Franklin Studios".
Apparently, the authors have listened to 2 hours.
According to them the sample tape is the real deal.
Oh well, the were very stoned, but it would
be interesting to hear at least once.

manfree
02-24-09, 11:34 AM
It`s on a bonus disc on the "Moonbeams & Fairytales Saga" Multiple Disc Set.{Pink Robert}

RobbieRadio
02-24-09, 03:09 PM
I'd Like to know if Janie pays song royalties to them since on all Hendrix albums the song is credited to them.

Herman Cherusken
04-26-10, 04:48 PM
Bo Hansson from "Hansson & Karlsson" who played with Hendrix in 1967 is reported to have died, at the age of 67...

dino77
04-27-10, 02:15 AM
bo hansson from "hansson & karlsson" who played with hendrix in 1967 is reported to have died, at the age of 67...

rip... A very talented and humble musician.

djl9701
04-27-10, 04:57 AM
R.I.P. Tax Free is a very cool jam.

purplehazechild
04-27-10, 08:23 AM
R.i.p

ilovejimi
04-27-10, 08:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1VibSgVRbo RIP Bo

pederpropell
04-27-10, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpnaBCPJGs

sunrise
04-27-10, 08:47 PM
Very sad news about Bo Hansson...

His 70´s solo albums are great!

vahurka
04-28-10, 05:19 PM
Bo Hansson from "Hansson & Karlsson" who played with Hendrix in 1967 is reported to have died, at the age of 67...
Oh that's shocking indeed! He was so talent and made those classic prog albums like Lord Of The Rings and the Magician's Hat, and played in Flasket Brinner. RIP!