PDA

View Full Version : Mitch's Post-Jimi Project

MourningStar
10-29-08, 11:40 AM
I came across this :

"After Jimi died, Mitch languished in some ordinary projects. The one that had the greatest potential was the Jack Bruce/Larry Coryell/Mitch Mitchell/Michael Mandell jazz/rock fusion band. The available bootlegs show Mitch playing in a jazzier style with some Bakerish inflections with the tom fills. What I find most interesting is that the rhythmic drive is coming from Jack, allowing Mitch to fill, reinforce and explode but in a controlled way. That was a good band that should have gone on but Jack got the irresistible call to join the Tony Williams Lifetime."

Anyone have any of the bootlegs mentioned?

dino77
10-31-08, 12:48 PM
Yep, I have the following:

JACK BRUCE AND FRIENDS
(JACK BRUCE/MITCH MITCHELL/LARRY CORYELL/MIKE MANDEL)
31/01/70 FILLMORE EAST, NEW YORK AU, B+ 62

MourningStar
10-31-08, 05:32 PM
Yep, I have the following:

JACK BRUCE AND FRIENDS
(JACK BRUCE/MITCH MITCHELL/LARRY CORYELL/MIKE MANDEL)
31/01/70 FILLMORE EAST, NEW YORK AU, B+ 62OK dino77 - can you upload it and share it here?

thnx,

Olvator
10-31-08, 07:29 PM
i have a couple of shows. Fillmore 70 (two shows) and Nice 71 (as a trio). Nice is pretty rowdy, but the first Fillmore show is great! dino, did you get your copy at DIME about two years ago? that was mine, I think I have an upgrade to that version by now.

dino77
11-01-08, 03:44 AM
i have a couple of shows. Fillmore 70 (two shows) and Nice 71 (as a trio). Nice is pretty rowdy, but the first Fillmore show is great! dino, did you get your copy at DIME about two years ago? that was mine, I think I have an upgrade to that version by now.

No, I got my Fillmore in a trade before the dawn of dime.
Please upload the upgrade if you want to.:wave:

MourningStar
11-02-08, 04:43 PM
Olvator - thnx for uploading those shows. 2nd Fillmore??????!!!

peace,

Olvator
11-02-08, 05:44 PM
Olvator - thnx for uploading those shows. 2nd Fillmore??????!!!

peace,

sorry, but i have packed up all my stuff today cause i am moving to another flat tomorrow. will have to wait for a few days. Holy shit: also no DSL until the new one comes.....muhaaaa. i will be back soon enough, and might put it up then. but it is really pretty distorted, and not a very enjoyable listening. The Lyceum show is supposed to be better soundwise. WOuld love to get a copy of that someday.