Thread: SMPlayer

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 757 Posts

SMPlayer

I see that many members are into Youtube. I recommend this player as being the simplest and quickest way of downloading. It is clean, no adware and best of all it's free!. The interface has a small button that launches it's own browser and the browser has a search field to quickly find data. Simply clik to select the desired video, right clik and choose 'record video'. It creates a folder named 'Youtube' in your 'My Videos' and places the recording there. There is also a 'quality' setting that you can set, tho I have not experimented with it much. I am not a big youtube fan but I have noticed that certain Youtube uploaders offer the vids with multiple quality settings.

I originally came across this player while searching for a player that would remember file position of previously played a/v files. Some store and recall only the last played file. This one remembers them all and does have a 'Recent Files' list function. I d/l and listen to a lot of audio (lectures, debates, talk & old-time radio shows, etc.) and frequently pause and go to other files and so forth. This is a God-send for me.

If only one member finds this useful, I am happy to have helped.

(p.s. - the image above is a clikable link to the site)

Last edited by MourningStar; 02-17-14 at 09:51 PM.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MourningStar For This Useful Post: