Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Off Stage Photos Only

Thanks

Re: Off Stage Photos Only

Quote Originally Posted by manfree View Post
    Strange Picture,Eric`s Fatlip, Mayells twisted face. an` Stevie `n Carl have White squares! Jimi just has a crease Thanks Though
    I like the way Eric slyly hides it with his finger on the second shot though!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by backfromthestorm View Post
    Isnt that the Wizard from the Rainbow Bridge film on the left?

Yep, sure is. Johnny Winter all the way on the left, Eddie Krame
    in the middle, Mitch and Noel to the right

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brumepourpre View Post
    hey they got mitch and noels names backwards

Thanks

On 25 July 1967 in NYC Noel Redding participates in a photo
    one of which will be used by the firm of Bass Guitar Hagstrom

looks like that bass is strung for jimi to play

edit: look here

Last edited by rocknroll; 09-23-10 at 10:17 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rocknroll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 642 Posts

rare hendrix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBoy View Post
    Hawaii 1968 - 'The Jimi Hendrix Experience' sit at a table with a vintage microphone on it and an electric guitar head leaning against as they give a radio interview in to promote their show at the it at the International Center on October 5, 1968 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
    That's radio station KPOI (poi, get it?) located in the old Dillingham Transportation Bldg., downtown Honolulu.
    Where are those ints.?!
    The gig was at the once HIC, Honolulu Int. Ctr. where Elvis staged the first internationally live broadcast of a concert a couple of years later, and Jimi's last US show.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    hey they got mitch and noels names backwards
    i did not notice that till u said it, they most certainly do

Thanks

Smile Re: Off Stage Photos Only

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBoy View Post
    Fake photo????
    Fake, that's Jimi ready for Saville, holding the painted Stratocaster.

Thanks

10/9/67 Olympia

Thanks

Photos Jean Pierre Leloir (RIP) (20 décembre 2010)

http://www.qobuz.com/info/MAGAZINE-A...-est-mort51915

Thanks

1/29/67 Saville backstage

Thanks

01/29/1968 Olympia Backstage Paris

Thanks

speakeasy UK/67Helsinki

Thanks

The first photo is the co-manager of the speakeasy Roy Flynn in May
    1967 .

But the other picture is not at Speakeasy

Conference Press Vaakuna Hotel (Finland)
    Backstage Kultuuritalo (Finland)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,754 Times in 1,001 Posts

For Your Weekend Listening Pleasure: Jimi Hendrix on Fire at the Fair Park Music Hall

By Robert Wilonsky, Fri., Sep. 3 2010

Photo Taken by Chris Campbell Turner/Courtesy Angus Wynne

When I first met Angus Wynne some 20 years ago, when I was at the Dallas Times Herald, this photo was on his desk -- a most impressive introduction. I remember asking him: "Were you friends with Jimi Hendrix?" But I didn't remember his answer. So I called him this afternoon and asked again.

No, Angus says, they were not friends, not really. Angus first met Hendrix when he was a shy sideman in Little Richard's band, back when Jimi was known as Maurice James. Little Richard was a frequent booking at Angus's long-gone, far-away club Soul City -- a house-record-setter, matter of fact, Angus says. He recalls one '67 gig in particular: He was walking around backstage when Richard told him to come into his dressing room. There was a familiar face on the teevee set: Shouted Richard, "That's Maurice!" By then, Hendrix was well on his way to immortality.

Not long after that, on February 16, 1968, Hendrix landed at Love Field Airport, which is where this picture was taken. Till this evening I'm not sure I knew that. Angus explains its origins thusly:
    I got a call from a girl I was dating, who was a stewardess with Braniff. There were actually two girls I knew who were on the flight. But my girlfriend called and said, "Jimi Hendrix is on this flight, and we're going to Love Field. Why don't you come out and visit?" I said, "Great." So I walked out onto to the tarmac, which is where that shot was taken -- right after he walked down off the stairs from the plane. He said, "Hey, man, where are we?" He didn't know which town he was in. [Angus laughs.] But he was awful nice. I walked back with him and the guys in Soft Machine, who were opening the show. I helped them through baggage, and they invited us out to the show.
    Which brings us to this week's rock-and-roll adios: The Jimi Hendrix Experience at the Music Hall at Fair Park on February 16, 1968.

I asked Angus what he recalls of the concert. A little, he says. He remember hanging out backstage, where Hendrix paced the dressing room -- "high," Angus says, "excited." He continues: "Seemed like he broke a couple of things. I don't recall what they were. He was in a good mood, though -- a real cheerful kinda guy."

He recalls a concert hall filled with smoke -- "purely for lighting purposes," he says, laughing. Soft Machine in particular had an astounding light show, he says. But, he reminds, back in those days audience stayed in their seats. "It was," he says, "a very mellow, sit-down audience."

Hendrix and the band, of course, were anything but as evidenced by an astounding audience recording that has survived the distortion of history. At one point Hendrix even jokes about how, since he and the band play so softly, they need to make sure they're in tune. Hendrix scholar Chuck Dixon offers
    this account of the concert's place in the history -- as in, "Show opener is the first documented live performance of 'Are You Experienced.'"

I asked Angus: Had he heard the show since that night in '68? Absolutely not. Not till today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieRadio View Post

For Your Weekend Listening Pleasure: Jimi Hendrix on Fire at the Fair Park Music Hall

By Robert Wilonsky, Fri., Sep. 3 2010

Photo Taken by Chris Campbell Turner/Courtesy Angus Wynne

When I first met Angus Wynne some 20 years ago, when I was at the Dallas Times Herald, this photo was on his desk -- a most impressive introduction. I remember asking him: "Were you friends with Jimi Hendrix?" But I didn't remember his answer. So I called him this afternoon and asked again.

No, Angus says, they were not friends, not really. Angus first met Hendrix when he was a shy sideman in Little Richard's band, back when Jimi was known as Maurice James. Little Richard was a frequent booking at Angus's long-gone, far-away club Soul City -- a house-record-setter, matter of fact, Angus says. He recalls one '67 gig in particular: He was walking around backstage when Richard told him to come into his dressing room. There was a familiar face on the teevee set: Shouted Richard, "That's Maurice!" By then, Hendrix was well on his way to immortality.

Not long after that, on February 16, 1968, Hendrix landed at Love Field Airport, which is where this picture was taken. Till this evening I'm not sure I knew that. Angus explains its origins thusly:
    I got a call from a girl I was dating, who was a stewardess with Braniff. There were actually two girls I knew who were on the flight. But my girlfriend called and said, "Jimi Hendrix is on this flight, and we're going to Love Field. Why don't you come out and visit?" I said, "Great." So I walked out onto to the tarmac, which is where that shot was taken -- right after he walked down off the stairs from the plane. He said, "Hey, man, where are we?" He didn't know which town he was in. [Angus laughs.] But he was awful nice. I walked back with him and the guys in Soft Machine, who were opening the show. I helped them through baggage, and they invited us out to the show.
    Which brings us to this week's rock-and-roll adios: The Jimi Hendrix Experience at the Music Hall at Fair Park on February 16, 1968.

I asked Angus what he recalls of the concert. A little, he says. He remember hanging out backstage, where Hendrix paced the dressing room -- "high," Angus says, "excited." He continues: "Seemed like he broke a couple of things. I don't recall what they were. He was in a good mood, though -- a real cheerful kinda guy."

He recalls a concert hall filled with smoke -- "purely for lighting purposes," he says, laughing. Soft Machine in particular had an astounding light show, he says. But, he reminds, back in those days audience stayed in their seats. "It was," he says, "a very mellow, sit-down audience."

Hendrix and the band, of course, were anything but as evidenced by an astounding audience recording that has survived the distortion of history. At one point Hendrix even jokes about how, since he and the band play so softly, they need to make sure they're in tune. Hendrix scholar Chuck Dixon offers
    this account of the concert's place in the history -- as in, "Show opener is the first documented live performance of 'Are You Experienced.'"

I asked Angus: Had he heard the show since that night in '68? Absolutely not. Not till today.
    Thnx RR for the link, and the d-load

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zombywoof57 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The first photo is the co-manager of the speakeasy Roy Flynn in May
    1967 .

But the other picture is not at Speakeasy

Conference Press Vaakuna Hotel (Finland)
    Backstage Kultuuritalo (Finland)
    thanks for the update and good to know where things are exactly from

Thanks
    Thanked 3,754 Times in 1,001 Posts

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1968

Last edited by RobbieRadio; 12-31-10 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bandit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So Juma earned $500 for his Woodstock gig.
    My guess is the whole band (with the exception of Jimi, of course, and perhaps Mitch) were paid the same rate.
    Not a bad wage.
    $500 in 1969 is equal to $2,980 in today's dollars.
    What did Jimi pull down from this gig? I've read it many times, can't remember. $100K?