Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 269

Thread: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,977
    Thanks
    861
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 335 Posts

    John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    Even better is the next planned segment with John:

    "Coming up: what's next from the Hendrix archives."
    McD: “There’s some live projects we’ve been working on which will certainly be commercially released in the months ahead”

    http://www.examiner.com/article/john...ndrix-archives


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 113 Times in 63 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Hmmmm........I wonder what live project will be next? We know they would love to release RAH, but with that being held up, could Atlanta be next?
    'The very fact you oppose this makes me think I'm onto something'

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    992
    Thanked 809 Times in 285 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Newport and Atlanta were mentioned previously, hopefully even snippets from the "disastrous" performance from the 20th... Stone Free!
    Five, Six, Seven.... lost count!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    wales uk
    Posts
    555
    Thanks
    359
    Thanked 133 Times in 69 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    I Agree, Atlanta would be a good release, but, I think they (E.H.) may leave it until the 45th anniversary next year and the full blu-ray, cd and whatever release.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,236
    Thanks
    903
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 468 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    A lot of Atlanta was released in the Douglas era(Stages for audio and Jimi Hendrix at The Atlanta Pop Festival on Japanese Laser Disc for video) while none of Newport has been released. So my vote would be Newport both audio and film of the proper performance on the 20th and the jam on the 22nd. If the legal issues can get sorted out RAH and whatever other Europe 69 stuff there is should be even before Newport. Atlanta will really be a rerelease but if they do Atlanta before the others lets hope its a great rerelease with the whole show in audio and video along with multiple camera angle options on the film.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,236
    Thanks
    903
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 468 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Also dont forget the possibility of a BOG box of some kind now that they have the masters and the ones they put on West Coast Seattle Boy sure sound good

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:


  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 35 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    i would love to see a the complete show of Rainbow Bridge/Hawaii show in 2CD/DVD remixed, that should be the next project from EH

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to damiangularte For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 214 Times in 86 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Hawaii 1970 would be awesome on CD/DVD/BluRay

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ranasakawa For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Bay of Plenty New Zealand
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 52 Times in 35 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    l would like Woodstock re released with all the camera angles included as a special edition. Find it annoying with the continuous head shots

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,668
    Thanks
    1,075
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 599 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    At this stage I'm only buying if the release includes unreleased or uncirculated material not covered by the Douglas releases.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to dino77 For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,482
    Thanks
    646
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 574 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Interesting that McDermott mentions more than one project to be released. Could this mean a mainstream album plus a Dagger?

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    wales uk
    Posts
    555
    Thanks
    359
    Thanked 133 Times in 69 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Quote Originally Posted by purple jim View Post
    Interesting that McDermott mentions more than one project to be released. Could this mean a mainstream album plus a Dagger?
    To me, that would b an ideal situation an official release and a Dagger release every six months!!!!

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    600
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 128 Times in 56 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    A lot of Atlanta was released in the Douglas era(Stages for audio and Jimi Hendrix at The Atlanta Pop Festival on Japanese Laser Disc for video) while none of Newport has been released. So my vote would be Newport both audio and film of the proper performance on the 20th and the jam on the 22nd..
    Why does everyone seem to think Newport was recorded? Perhaps I missed something but I don't think there is any indication either Newport performance was multi-tracked or filmed professionally. I'd love to be wrong.

  18. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,073
    Thanks
    363
    Thanked 816 Times in 289 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Why does everyone seem to think Newport was recorded? Perhaps I missed something but I don't think there is any indication either Newport performance was multi-tracked or filmed professionally. I'd love to be wrong.
    EH already confirmed on their website Q&A sometime back that the jam session with Jimi, Buddy, et. al. was not multitracked, and I'm guessing the Experience set two days prior wasn't either. So unless new tapes have surfaced...? They could be candidates for a Dagger release though, I suppose.

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 35 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhmason View Post
    EH already confirmed on their website Q&A sometime back that the jam session with Jimi, Buddy, et. al. was not multitracked, and I'm guessing the Experience set two days prior wasn't either. So unless new tapes have surfaced...? They could be candidates for a Dagger release though, I suppose.
    if it wasn´t recorded in multitrack then i don´t care for the recording. Give me good sounding shows recorded by profesionals, like Hawaii 1970, Royal Albert Hall, Atlanta, Stockholm, or LA Forum. We already have the noisy bootlegs, don´t need more of that

  20. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8,019
    Thanks
    3,280
    Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,017 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Quote Originally Posted by damiangularte View Post
    if it wasn´t recorded in multitrack then i don´t care for the recording. Give me good sounding shows recorded by profesionals, like Hawaii 1970, Royal Albert Hall, Atlanta, Stockholm, or LA Forum. We already have the noisy bootlegs, don´t need more of that
    If EH can produce bootlegs as well as say Koln all I can say is bring them on :-)
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:


  22. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 35 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post
    If EH can produce bootlegs as well as say Koln all I can say is bring them on :-)
    I know that Hendrix is amazing no mather what quality. But when i want to listen to live Hendrix, i allways go to the best sounding albums, like "woodstock", "isle wight", "monterey", "winterland", "berkeley" and "fillmore east".

  23. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 567 Times in 164 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Quote Originally Posted by damiangularte View Post
    I know that Hendrix is amazing no mather what quality. But when i want to listen to live Hendrix, i allways go to the best sounding albums, like "woodstock", "isle wight", "monterey", "winterland", "berkeley" and "fillmore east".
    Well then you're missing some of the best and interesting Hendrix: Flamingo Club 1967, Ottawa 68, San Jose 69, LA 70, Copenhagen 70, but to each their own of course.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark7 For This Useful Post:


  25. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 144 Times in 80 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    Both the "bummer" show at Newport and the jam sound like stereo soundboard recordings to me. If memory serves, the balance is rather off during the Experience set. Unlikely to be an official release, IMO. Could be a future Dagger release, maybe, but that would be McDermott and Kramer going against their own policy. Wouldn't be the first time, of course....

  26. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 271 Times in 83 Posts

    Re: John McDermott on what's next from the Jimi Hendrix archives

    does Hawaii exist in better sound-quality? its not so good on the experience box set.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBitty (VBTT) 4 for XBT v1.1 CUSTOM by Toolmanwill