Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The lost Jimi/Love session has surfaced

Thanks

The lost Jimi/Love session has surfaced

After all these years, the lost Love sessions have finally surfaced. An acetate of Everlasting First/Ezy Rider/Jam has been offered on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270414450771&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR4 0%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D27041445077 1%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Starting bid is $499. I don't know whether it has a higher reserve price. The seller is communicative. He says he got the acetate directly from Bob Krassnow shortly after the session was completed. Another friend of mine wrote him and was told that the soundfile (but not the acetate itself) may be donated to Arthur Lee's widow. So with any luck maybe it will appear on her love website someday.

Thanks

Re: The lost Jimi/Love session has surfaced

WOW! and to think only a day or two ago I craved for somthing new. I would Love to hear this in it`s entirety

Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 96 Posts

HOLY SHIT, if this really is what it claims to be....I think I am going crazy.

There was an Ezy Rider version also on the Vindicator album, but that one was (to the best of my knowledge) w/out Jimi...it would be nice if the seller could put up very short mp3 snippets of the remaining two tracks....to be sure this is the real deal.

I would throw in some money to buy this piece of history, but i guess any attempts might be in vain, as I am sure EH or Paul Allen will make sure they bid more. Pretty imppossible that they have not been made aware of this yet. Letīs see.

Thanks

FWIW the master tapes from that session still exist. Basically there are a few versions of Everlasting First, Ezy Ryder and a 10 minute jam. Not 100% sure but I think EH has them. I wouldn't be surprised if they are released as a comp of Jimi's session work one day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Not 100% sure but I think EH has them. I wouldn't be surprised if they are released as a comp of Jimi's session work one day.
    didnīt know that....can someone confirm this? hopefully you are right, and we will some day finally see this....

Thanks

FWIW the master tapes from that session still exist. Basically there are a few versions of Everlasting First, Ezy Ryder and a 10 minute jam. Not 100% sure but I think EH has them. I wouldn't be surprised if they are released as a comp of Jimi's session work one day.
    Sorry, But I would be VERY surprised

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manfree View Post
    Sorry, But I would be VERY surprised
    It might not happen but the tapes absolutely 100% still exist and are accounted for. I'd like to hear an unaltered/unedited Everlasting First. Arthur Lee rearranged the track so it began with Jimi's solo, it wasn't recorded that way.

Thanks

I've been claiming for over 10 years that I had once seen a photograph of this acetate. Seeing the same label again on Ebay corroborates my memory, although the seller insists that what I saw was likely NOT his personal copy. He says that Krassnow made "several" of these acetates, so maybe more will come out of the woodwork now that the hoarders' dyke has sprung a leak.
    Last edited by Roland Stone; 07-09-09 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Stone View Post
    I've been claiming for over 10 years that I had once seen a photograph of this acetate. Seeing the same label again on Ebay corroborates my memory, although the seller insists that what I saw was likely NOT his personal copy. He says that Krassnow made "several" of these acetates, so maybe more will come out of the woodwork now that the hoarders' dyke has sprung a leak.
    I've seen photos of the tape boxes and they jive with the material on the acetates.

Thanks

I'm surprised no one has proposed putting together a bid from within this group. As best I can remember, a group of Jimi fans put up some money to purchase the Atlanta reel several years ago. I know I'd be up for putting up some money to finally hear this. Of course, we'd have to get somebody to transfer it and work out the details of "passing it on".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by norocker View Post
    I'm surprised no one has proposed putting together a bid from within this group. As best I can remember, a group of Jimi fans put up some money to purchase the Atlanta reel several years ago. I know I'd be up for putting up some money to finally hear this. Of course, we'd have to get somebody to transfer it and work out the details of "passing it on".
    If anyone wants to do that I'm game. Nice to see someone else from Louisiana here!

Thanks

well, 2 days and then some hours left. perhaps if you want to organize that, you should do it quickly, with all the details and such. If possible I'd be willing to throw in some money (IF is the key word. I havent been able to get paypal working for me >< )

Thanks

I suggest $200 pool contributions with the acetate itself going by way of a randomized lottery among the contributors with the music of course going up on CTT. If at least 4 other people are willing to donate $200, I'll join in. I'm open to suggestions as to the fairest way to conduct the lottery if we win the auction. Bidding is currently at $560.
    Last edited by Roland Stone; 07-10-09 at 01:10 AM.

Thanks

I'm game but we need to make sure we pool all our resources and aren't bidding against Jimi collectors we know.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,560 Times in 546 Posts

It might not happen but the tapes absolutely 100% still exist and are accounted for. I'd like to hear an unaltered/unedited Everlasting First. Arthur Lee rearranged the track so it began with Jimi's solo, it wasn't recorded that way.
    That's interesting. I always thought the song was a bit bizarre in its construction.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 78 Posts

I suggest $200 pool contributions with the acetate itself going by way of a randomized lottery among the contributors with the music of course going up on CTT. If at least 4 other people are willing to donate $200, I'll join in. I'm open to suggestions as to the fairest way to conduct the lottery if we win the auction. Bidding is currently at $560.
    I can contribute

Thanks

hmmm....well, I would throw in about 100 Euros for sure....but I am doubtful about having the music up on CTT right away. I think you could trade lots of stuff with this unissued material, and it would be much more useful for that rather than circulating it right away. I would say all those who are willing to put in money should get proper copies first, and then letīs say leave it at that for at least a year or so.
    I donīt want to sound like a hoarder, but seriously, why should any of us throw in serious money, just to put it up for free on CTT for everybody a week after. I would then rather wait and get it for free myself :-)). This is really sought after material, and the benefit for the Hendrix community would be much bigger, if we would start trading for other uncirculated material first.
    What do you think?

Moreover, I asked the seller to provide some mp3 snippets of track 2 & 3 to make sure, that this is the real deal. I am not gonna buy a disc that has the Blue Thumb version of Everlasting First, then maybe the released Ezy Rider take plus some jam that we cannot be sure of really having Jimi on it.

Thanks

As for the suggestions...a live webcam thing on MSN Messenger or something like that...have someone who didn't go in the bidding do it.

I'll volunteer to do that...I could just write nanes on equal size pieces of paper, throw them in a can or something, mix it up and pull one out. All live on camera with you guys watching.

That's really the fairest and truest way..

Thanks

I'd be in for $200. As far as trade bait and all that, I don't know. The way I see it, there are likely some people who can afford to throw a little money around and some that can't. I'm not looking to really own it. Just get it into circulation.

Thanks

Unfortunately I'm flying across country this weekend. I'm sitting in Chicago airport on a layover typing this on my cellphone. When I get to my hotel tonight I'll hook up my computer and see how many donors we have. Raise your hands now if you want in. And if anyone here on CTT is bidding against us and wants us to reconsider the whole thing, speak up now!