Thread: A related link for vinyl

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

A related link for vinyl

http://fipres.com/21,.html

One or two of you may find this interesting.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Re: A related link for vinyl

There was/is? a HUGE lot more to singles and LP's than just the sound of the particular pressing to "fans". These were/are cultural artefacts, the vinyl literally tasted the crap paper bag UK singles were usually dished out in and the shit lkp covers. The early UK mono releases up to and including AYE vary considerably from the European and much later US releases (especially Wind Cries Mary and AYE). And the holy grail is not just within (I have one - it sounds well different, ie it's an original press), I would love to 'feel' one of the very few, early, original, UK, fully laminated covers. Jimi was sold short initially ("they want it now! fuck the gloss") part of his initial 'rough' R&B image? "cut the full gloss cover"? but then 'Track' went overboard for his next "Axis" (aceeed!) - how many still have the original UK song sheet ('Track' apparently 'organised' this? They were notorious for disorganisation.; Over printed matt on to the shiny backing sheet, I am certain very few originals survive and some (of the very rare) sold on ebay etc. are actually just from photocopies ie flat mono from a photo copy, ie no texture.

I question the originality of any Axis song sheet unless it is 3D over printed.

I don't need to question the visceral effect Jimi's music has on the 'new generation', who often don't know who made it, but love it (verbal).
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

I've got the song sheet from Axis. I don't know if it's '3D over printed' but it definitely came with my original LP, hot off the press!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rupe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

another vinyl related link ........

http://www.jmhvinyl.co.uk/home.html
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post: