From the Benjamin Franklin Studios: fourth incantation volume 3 The
Corrections and updates to the publication, 12-12-2014. These corrections/updates deal with the Live section of this publication only and they are not “official” as per Gary Geldeart & Steve Rodham but if they are also noted in upcoming and future Jimpress editions that will be noted here.
Page 315 – 317 Baltimore Maryland 13 June 1970
Correction to source 5 [audience source 5]
Omit tracks Straight Ahead (4) and Lover Man (33)
These two tracks do not
formpart of this recording source.
Page 336 – 339 K B Hallen Kobenhavn 3 September 1970
Correction to the full entry and all sources. The following replaces all other information to date.
Dismiss this entry and replace with the following:
Every publication that has listed the sources of this show (PYE, UV, FTBFS) uses a different numbering of the sources and the publication that lists most actually lists a source which doesn’t exist.
Originally, in Plug Your Ears (the online version) we had the five sources listed as thus:
Source 1. Complete 90 min’
Source 2. Complete 92 min'
Incomplete50 min’, tracks 1-6
Source 4. Incomplete 65 min’, tracks 1-10
Source 5. Incomplete 50 min’, Tracks 1-9
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SOURCES ARE NOW (RE-)NUMBERED BY THEIR DATE OF DISCOVERY
1. Source 1 is the oldest known source. It captures the complete show but does suffer from speed variations. (tt93.06)
2. Source 2 is the so-called 'Old Short Source' which runs until Freedom. Formerly known as Source 5. (tt50.16)
3. Source 3 is the 'cassette' source, which also captures the complete show but does so in slightly worse sound than Source 1. Formerly known as Source 2. (tt91.33)
4. Source 4 has been in circulation as a incomplete tape ending with Red House. In this set we have a new version of this tape, which now is the complete show. (tt95.49)
5. Source 5 has been in limited
circulationwith very poor sound as 'source 6'. The taper was probably furthest from the stage out of all known sources.(tt69.10)
6. Source 6 has never been circulated before. Unfortunately the batteries of the Uher recorder went dead so the pitch increases nearer the end of the tape. (tt45.25)
Old Source 1 = New Source 1
Old Source 2 = New Source 3
Old Source 3 never existed
Old Source 4 = New Source 4 but now complete
Old Source 5 = New Source 2
Old Source 6 = New Source 5
New Source 6 = New Source 6
(OLD SOURCES=as in PLUG YOUR EARS)
(NEW SOURCES= per date of discovery)