Thread: Jimi possessed???

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 658 Posts

Jimi possessed???

I came across this reference, supposedly said by Fayne Pridgon in the Film Jimi Hendrix on a dubious website. I don't recall that or have ever read or heard it anywhere else. I reckon this is the right section for this thread.

"JIMI HENDRIX’ girlfriend, Fayne Pridgon, said: “He used to always talk about some devil or something was in him, you know. He didn’t know what made him act the way he acted and what made him say the things he said, and the songs and different things like that … just came out of him. It seems to me he was so tormented and just torn apart and like he really was obsessed, you know, with something really evil” (sound track from film Jimi Hendrix, interview with Fayne Pridgon, side 4, cited by Heartbeat of the Dragon, p. 50). "

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils...rock_curse.htm

Thanks

Re: Jimi possessed???

Fayne stated something close to the quoted comment in "A Film ..." I remember a part about him crying in front of a mirror, pulling his hair and telling her there was "something" in him that made him do things, but my take on it was a excuse by Jimi to explain away bad behavior whether that meant he had assaulted Fayne it sounds eerily similar to an abuser's lament for forgiveness.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackIrish55 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Jimi possessed???

What are the odds that this event took place the night Jimi gave acid to her and the Allen (Albert?) twins? Jimi staring while crying and saying there was "something" in him controlling his actions sounds like a classic bad acid trip. :0 I've definitely read about some night where they all took acid and she freaked out and hid in the shower or something. I'm just kidding but it's possible that's the genesis of her vague and bizarre anecdote.