Thread: uploading alternate tape sources to ones released officially allowed or not?

Thanks

uploading alternate tape sources to ones released officially allowed or not?

As in the topic's theme. I got many old Jimi's LP boots, some of them have officially released material that isn't obviously allowed to be repeated and torrented. However, I am curious if I can upload something that comes from a different source ie. famous BBC tracks released on 2CD set "BBC Sessions" years back; I got an old vinyl boot called "Goodbye Jimi" where a dozen or so BBC tracks are sourced from AM/FM broadcasts, some of them have MC intros not included on official release. Is is allowed to be uploaded or not (as they are different sources)?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 851 Posts

Re: uploading alternate tape sources to ones released officially allowed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by zepster View Post
    As in the topic's theme. I got many old Jimi's LP boots, some of them have officially released material that isn't obviously allowed to be repeated and torrented. However, I am curious if I can upload something that comes from a different source ie. famous BBC tracks released on 2CD set "BBC Sessions" years back; I got an old vinyl boot called "Goodbye Jimi" where a dozen or so BBC tracks are sourced from AM/FM broadcasts, some of them have MC intros not included on official release. Is is allowed to be uploaded or not (as they are different sources)?
    Sorry no, if its official that's it as the source changes nothing. Anyway, radio broadcasts are official too.

The best you can do is share links privately.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan