Thread: big problems with opening the forum (also weird communications while working with)

Thanks

big problems with opening the forum (also weird communications while working with)

I wanna report some weird issues with the forum vs. my latest browser (Firefox).

Anytime I am going to open any thread from the right bar (not from the main thread menu), the site says something like this:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5588) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4100

Clicking "go to last post" allows me to type exact thread; however, at the top of the site there's a caution saying then:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570

On the other hand, couple of my friends couldn't even to reach the forum's main content because of more issues such mentioned above. Simply they couldn't get an access to browse the main content and get for a registration process.

Please do something with this as it's highly uncomfortable for many users as I am guessing now and this forum needs a much better navigation.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

Re: big problems with opening the forum (also weird communications while working with

We are aware of this as it is a fact of life for all members at the moment. Sorry its an issue but thats the way of it right now
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

Re: big problems with opening the forum (also weird communications while working with

Can you eliminate that issue soon or it is something that needs much more further fixing or changing the platform the forum is hosted on?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

What I find most perplexing is that everyone has 'different' issues with the site. However, all can rest assured the problem IS THIS SITE. Enough feedback has appeared to eliminate non-site reasons such as your geographic location, time zone, browser, service provider, etc.

So, ..."live it or live with it!"

"Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

we are stuck with the issue(s) for the time being i'm afraid.

Thanks

I really don`t wanna be antagonistic,
    That is not my intention,
    But as anyone might ask, as I do,
    Why is this such ongoing Problem?
    Would extra Funds Help?
    It`s been a while now,
    So, Any progress?
    "Fucking Hell, I Broke a String!!"
    1968 Voodoo Chile sessions.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to manfree For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manfree View Post
    I really don`t wanna be antagonistic,
    That is not my intention,
    But as anyone might ask, as I do,
    Why is this such ongoing Problem?
    Would extra Funds Help?
    It`s been a while now,
    So, Any progress?
    Only 'the great and powerful' can answer all questions.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

If the problem is any script, then you only need to change or improve the code of forum platform. Worse case is when something wrong with entire platform and, sadly, I suppose this is the main reason. In that case I am highly recommending using a different platform because I've experienced similar issues with vBulletin platforms in the past while using a different forum once. I am operating on newest version of Firefox and my browser can handle with it without bigger problems but two of my friends couldn't open the forum because they've had a different browsers and it's a shame because of that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zepster For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sad to hear about folk not being able to access the site. Firefox does seem to be the best way to get onto the site but others may disagree. We are fully aware of the problems and the solutions required but for the moment we have to live with what we have. By all means continue to highlight problems and post possible solutions, it's all noted.

Thanks

which will happen first, RAH officially released or CTT fixed?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MourningStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

To coin a phrase ........................ Who Knows!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post: