Thread: Forum scripts show errors

Thanks

Forum scripts show errors

Hi,

When I double click on an RSS item I am sent to this URL:
    http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...1&goto=newpost

and get this error:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5588) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4100

Then I remove the ?goto=newpost so I get this URL:
    crosstowntorrents.org/showthread.php?25699-Jimi-Hendrix-Studio-Sessions-Vol-2-Voodoo-Chile-Records-disc-1

and then I get the proper page but with this at the top:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6570

Any ideas?
    Jerry

Thanks

Re: Forum scripts show errors

I've been experiencing the same problem for about a year. To the extent that I gave up visiting the forum and have only recently begun to visit again. But again I'm getting the "illegal string offset" error messages and the blank pages.

It's clearly a problem with the back-end of the forum. I'm just confused at why nobody seems interested in sorting it out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 Times in 856 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbagm View Post
    I've been experiencing the same problem for about a year. To the extent that I gave up visiting the forum and have only recently begun to visit again. But again I'm getting the "illegal string offset" error messages and the blank pages.

It's clearly a problem with the back-end of the forum. I'm just confused at why nobody seems interested in sorting it out.
    Its not that no one wants to sort it out but there are reasons why it has not been sorted out.

If "going around the long way" to navigate this site is too much I can only apologise for the inconvenience but it is something we are all dealing with.

You wont get blank pages if you follow this ....
    from each section select your forum, i.e. audio torrents
    click to open
    then select each thread you wish to open.
    simple even it is a pain to spend more time clicking a mouse rather than a direct click!
    Nice to see you back btw :-)
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

Putting aside my issue as a member, all I get is blank pages if I'm not signed in. If I sign in there's currently about a 60/40 chance the forum will operate as normal.

But the former leaves me to assume, thinking purely logically, that a number of visitors who aren't members will constantly hit the blank pages when they attempt to browse the site. Which in turn means they will never bother coming back as the site will appear dead to them.

With that in mind I'd politely suggest it would be more beneficial to the forum if those in charge didn't "go around the long way" when it comes to fixing the problem.

We can only ponder how many potential new members have been lost because of the error message greeting them upon each attempt to view the forum, can't we?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 Times in 856 Posts

This has been discussed before.

I replied to what you posted but now you move the goal posts :-)

Regards yourself. Simply log in and use the site the long way around. You will find few issues to deal with.
    I can say that whatever issues you experience I am in the same boat :-)
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan