Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Next Release?

Thanks

Re: Next Release?

Quote Originally Posted by kees1954 View Post
    Brings back horrible memories from the 70s: only a few rather obscure official LPs with unimaginative covers like War Heroes, Loose Ends, Crash Landing, and Midnight Lightning,while the record bins were full off Curtis Knight records with lavish fold out sleeves.
    Kut muziek, as we say in Holland !!#$"#"
    I remember those days...as an unsuspecting teen I bought all those Histon/Moses "moods" etc releases thinking I had struck gold only to get home and play them. Ugh!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dino77 View Post
    Well, this is the chance to present the PPX material in hopefully upgraded sound and in the right context, like they did with the first release. Historically important, and Jimi's on fire on many of the "live" songs. If it's those live tapes, bring them on.
    I totally agree, however I'll repeat my statement from when the first volume of EH PPX recordings came out. They are welcome additions, but not when they "bump" another potential release. We pretty much get two releases a year; one in the spring and one in the fall. If the PPX releases were in addition to those, I would't care, but they seem to be "replacing" a more standard JHE/BOG release. To me, this is a disappointing development as it means I only get one "serious" Jimi release a year for the next two years (potentially). I know, I know...first world problems !

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jeffhmason For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhmason View Post
    I totally agree, however I'll repeat my statement from when the first volume of EH PPX recordings came out. They are welcome additions, but not when they "bump" another potential release. We pretty much get two releases a year; one in the spring and one in the fall. If the PPX releases were in addition to those, I would't care, but they seem to be "replacing" a more standard JHE/BOG release. To me, this is a disappointing development as it means I only get one "serious" Jimi release a year for the next two years (potentially). I know, I know...first world problems !
    Exactly!!!

Thanks

inderdaad...
    best regards,

Maup

Thanks

Will we finally get RAH 69 this year or other January 69 Europe shows? Or will we be relegated to more Curtis Knight material? Or something different entirely. Things have been very quiet concerning any additional releases this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

RSD it seems ......................
    Experience Hendrix is pleased to announce the limited edition release of the classic album SMASH HITS for the April 16th Record Store Day. Pressed on 150g vinyl by Quality Record Pressings the first 5,000 copies will be individually crash numbered, and will feature the alternate album artwork (previously unavailable in the USA), and a replica of the poster included in the original 1969 release. Bucking the trend against the ever increasing high price of Record Store Day releases; we’re pleased to introduce this deluxe collection for the breakthrough price of only $19.98. Mark your calendar for April 16! ‪#ýStayExperienced‬ ‪#ýJimiHendrix‬ Legacy Recordings
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

Smash Hits ?!?!?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,463 Times in 733 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    Smash Hits ?!?!?

source:
    https://twitter.com/JimiHendrix

Thanks

Smash hits. What an absolute farce. No effort at all. Are they even trying anymore???
    D'ya get me my cheezwiz, boy?

Thanks

Ha Ha. I knew this would draw such comment :-)
    Firstly, this appears to be an RSD release which in general is not something EH use as a outlet for new material [shame though that is!].

What EH should be applauded for is that they continually supported vinyl from day one, way back in 1997 for those who can remember THAT far back!
    That they [EH] make these older titles available to collectors and new comers should be applauded especially as they use vinyl as the chosen media.

I'm as impatient as the rest here to hear something new and exciting but I never for one moment expected April RSD to throw that up. Come to that, I don't think the US only RSD later in the year will throw up anything "new" either just in case your wondering :-)

They are bucking the trend to over price vinyl too [at least in this instance but I think they would get more than an ear full if they had tried to put a higher price on this re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release!]. Though they fail to say if this will be made available outside of the US RSD I shall guess it will, with poster, alt cover but probably lacking a number. With that in mind I'll be watching the pricing both in the US and EU very closely.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post

.....with poster, alt cover...
    So the alternate cover is/was the poster that came in the US LP release?

Thanks

Alt cover ........

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And for those wanting something new :-)
    If I can get the torrent thingy to work for me I'll upload some new, yes new to you all, BBC tracks :-)
    I hope it makes up for the RSD disappointment :-)

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks

New BBC tracks? Color me intrigued
    I like that alternate cover for Smash Hits

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post
    Firstly, this appears to be an RSD release which in general is not something EH use as a outlet for new material [shame though that is!].

What EH should be applauded for is that they continually supported vinyl from day one, way back in 1997 for those who can remember THAT far back!
    That they [EH] make these older titles available to collectors and new comers should be applauded especially as they use vinyl as the chosen media.

I'm as impatient as the rest here to hear something new and exciting but I never for one moment expected April RSD to throw that up. Come to that, I don't think the US only RSD later in the year will throw up anything "new" either just in case your wondering :-)

They are bucking the trend to over price vinyl too [at least in this instance but I think they would get more than an ear full if they had tried to put a higher price on this re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release!]. Though they fail to say if this will be made available outside of the US RSD I shall guess it will, with poster, alt cover but probably lacking a number. With that in mind I'll be watching the pricing both in the US and EU very closely.

Good points and lets not forget EHs decision to support vinyl in 97 when vinyl at the time was all but done and on life support at best. In addition to their new vinyl being cheaper than a lot of other current artists in my experience the pressings for the latest Jimi vinyl releases have been of higher quality than a lot of other artists recnt vinyl releases.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks

.....The CD release in the late 1980s from Reprise Records is notable for being one of the few CDs to use the CD+G technology that would display graphics while the CD plays on certain systems hooked into a television.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smash_...erience_album)

Smash Hits Plus (ATM DVD 007 / 2004 / DVD-R)
    (DVD Conversion of the CD-G Enhanced US "Smash Hits" CD Reprise 2276-2, 1989)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smash Hits (US Version) (Reprise 2276-2 / 1989 / USA / 1CD)
    (Compilation of previously released material)
    notes:
    - Expanded CD-release of the 1969 album [US version] featuring 2 extra tracks and CD+G enhancements.
    Smash Hits (US version) (Reprise MSK 2276 / USA / 1969 / 1LP)
    (Compilation of previously released material)

The 'Smash Hits' CD+G recorded to DVD(3.56gig)
    https://mega.nz/#!mIkW1CYA!9aKqkIoArXxIGqNbacoFpiVVjucan0KsT69p3IH EtYg

Last edited by J.Lucas; 03-09-16 at 09:11 AM.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I`m sure that in the late 80`s that was pretty cool, but these days look like pretty cheesey You-Tube Vids! How things change eh? And, Yes FF, I`m also intrigued by your "Carrot", NEW? Beeb recordings? WTF? (Ha Ha)
    "Fucking Hell, I Broke a String!!"
    1968 Voodoo Chile sessions.

Thanks

I have several copies of Smash Hits on vinyl. but, they all are missing the poster. The alternative cover looks cool too.

I had a chance to get a copy with the poster a few years back. I was helping an old woman (in her late 80's) move
    some stuff into her son's storage after he was institutionalized for some mental issues. I missed out on the Smash Hits.
    But, did come away with a near mint copy of the "A Film About Jimi Hendrix " soundtrack.

Thanks

I'm the same, a slew of vinyl copies of this title but no poster. I do have a copy that says Poster inside tho, ha!

Thanks

The BBC trax should be up very soon. Enjoy.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post: