Thread: 1968-01-06 Peberkværnen, broadcast? Danmarks Radio TV, Denmark

Thanks
    Thanked 5,611 Times in 2,464 Posts

1968-01-06 Peberkværnen, broadcast? Danmarks Radio TV, Denmark

Saturday 6 January 1968, No gig
    Danish Radio TV studio
    Interview by Carsten Grolin, “...and one or two songs, playback”. Group must have taken their instruments with them on the plane, or borrowed?, Neville and their van were still in Sweden. For Peberkværnen [‘pepper mill’], ‘Magasin for tennagere’. Broadcast between 17:15 & 17:40
    No recording is known to exist. Karsten Laybourn says DR TV told him (1995?) there is no tape now and it was not broadcast.
    This was a very controversial, satirical, comedy show. I haven't seen anything to suggest it featured music? Anyone? If the music was broadcast, the 'Toppop' show seems to be more likely?

Song/s [? unknown]
    Last edited by stplsd; 04-26-18 at 08:22 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: 1968-01-06 Peberkværnen, broadcast? Danmarks Radio TV, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post

Saturday 6 January 1968
    Danmarks Radio TV studio, København
    Interview by Carsten Grolin, “...and one or two songs, playback”. Group must have taken their instruments with them on the plane, or borrowed?, Neville and their van were still in Sweden. For Peberkværnen [‘pepper mill’], ‘Magasin for tennagere’. Broadcast between 17:15 & 17:40
    No recording is known to exist. Karsten Laybourn says DR TV told him (1995?) there is no tape now and it was not broadcast.
    This was a very controversial, satirical, comedy show. I haven't seen anything to suggest it featured music? Anyone? If the music was broadcast, the 'Toppop' show seems to be more likely?
    This is a bit inaccurate. DR TV denied Jimi Hendrix appeared in the tv show according to their log - which is bs. However I have confirmation from the DR archive that the show has been digitalized and therefore still exists.
    Royalty logs show that Axis Bold As Love was used for the program.
    Apparently the interviewer wore an anfro wig to make fun of Jimi.
    Attachment 28581

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to karsten For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Attachment 28582
    Does this work?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 922 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karsten View Post
    Attachment 28582
    Does this work?
    Yep, thanks karsten.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

Unfortunately I can only view it on my phone so cant repost!

Thanks

Peberkvaernen.jpgKarsten posted it elsewhere so see if this works!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, but the questions we are all probably asking now is where is 'elsewhere' and is there more than just this very small photo there? What is the photo of? Where did it come from? (looks like a newspaper)

Relevance to the knowledge base?
    My post simply presented the picture that you and others were unable to see!
    Please, some credit. If there was relevant information "elsewhere" I would have either reproduced it here or linked it if that was possible!

enjoy the picture :-)

Thanks

I wasn't talking to you. I was requesting more info as K obviously has
    But you were talking to me, attempting to delete that post has failed as I restored it!

If you want more information from K [That'll be Karsten then!] be a little more specific and don't quote me followed by a/ multiple questions!!

So much for the knowledge base idea. Wonder how long it'll be before we get long and useless debates in the new Lyric area?

Thanks

No, the post from you is clear that the questions were aimed at me, see your post! Now re re restored!

I restored all the deleted posts so that when we reference the thread we get to see how and why it developed.

No reason to delete comments regard something not working or thoughts behind why its not working. Just like its not in anyone's interest to manipulate what is said or put a new slant on the thread and others comments!

I don't have access to Danish TV either, I fail to see the point!

Again, I'm not the one cluttering up the Knowledge base by bringing debate here in the first instance.

Carry on :-)
    Last edited by Fenders Fingers; 02-05-18 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling error

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lucas View Post
    the attachment doesn't work
    Nope...I don't think the attachments have worked for months...
    I gave up on using it a while ago.
    I think it only works to put up a torrent file if I remember...
    pics and images should use the [img]......[/img]
    and the image should be an on-line storage site.
    in order to be displayed now.
    Your photo is not viewable on laptop, desk top or mobile phone, so we just have to take your word for this
    I can't see it on my desktop PC either.(US location)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post
    Unfortunately I can only view it on my phone so cant repost!
    Doesn't show on mine and I'm in a UK city too?
    Hey guys, it's not April yet
    Peberkvaernen.jpgKarsten posted it elsewhere so see if this works!
    Thanks, but the questions we are all probably asking now is where is 'elsewhere' and is there more than just this very small photo there? What is the photo of? Where did it come from? (looks like a newspaper)
    Relevance to the knowledge base?
    My post simply presented the picture that you and others were unable to see!
    Please, some credit. If there was relevant information "elsewhere" I would have either reproduced it here or linked it if that was possible!

enjoy the picture :-)
    I wasn't talking to you. I was requesting more info as K obviously has
    But you were talking to me, attempting to delete that post has failed as I restored it!

If you want more information from K [That'll be Karsten then!] be a little more specific and don't quote me followed by a/ multiple questions!!

So much for the knowledge base idea. Wonder how long it'll be before we get long and useless debates in the new Lyric area?
    I thanked you, that was directed to you, for re-posting the photo.
    But the questions were obviously not directed to you as you were not the poster of the photo and info, don't have access to Danish tV and were merely reposting K's photo.
    I will delete my posts instead of leaving them here cluttering up the site (as I usually do if its not relevant), you may want to try that too
    No, the post from you is clear that the questions were aimed at me, see your post! Now re re restored!

I restored all the deleted posts so that when we reference the thread we get to see how and why it developed.

No reason to delete comments regard something not working or thoughts behind why its not working. Just like its not in anyone's interest to manipulate what is said or put a new slant on the thread and others comments!

I don't have access to Danish TV either, I fail to see the point!

Again, I'm not the one cluttering up the Knowledge base by bring debate here in the first instance.

Carry on :-)
    In a nut shell if you like! So if you wish to re delete your post to "declutter" the thread that's fine :-)

Thanks

The photo is probably taken by Steen Utche. Unfortunately his negatives from the whole day were stolen and therefore lost.
    Although DR have transferred their archive to digital, they have not made it publicly available like e.g. french television.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to karsten For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Fuck sake! Do I have to spell it out. Just because they are in a reply to your post does not necessitate them being directed to you - it is a public forum, everyone can read them. Even if the questions were - which they are clearly not, they are legitimate questions that those who are interested in the Knowledge Base, I presume, would like cleared up, eg we still have not been told what exactly the photo is of, or whether the group actually played/mimed (if so was it 'Bold As Love' or some other/s off Axis? was that section shown?), or were they just interviewed, etc..

Try reading it again with your blinkers off Again - the thank you was for you. But it's not all about you, you are not that important, get over yourself
    See below

What are you on about. Karsten (who posted the photo and info - and I presume is Danish?) appears to have access to Danish TV records/ info etc. and you don't, geddit now? Sigh
    There may even be others (likely Danes) out there who have better info - ie its obvious (if you were not just wanting to make a spurious argument) that they are directed to K or whoever else out there who has the answers.

Ha-ha-ha! I'm sure no one cares a toss about your self justification for causing and maintaining a petty squabble, especially on the Knowledge Base to which you have contributed totally squat.

Spell what out? That you constantly want to manipulate the board with edits and deletions. Now why would that be?

I simply reposted Karstens picture that you clearly stated you could not view. That'll teach me for being so helpful!! Then you ask me questions directly as can be seen by not only the quote but the fact that you also asked me, "where is elsewhere". Clearly the questions were presented to me, so for fucks sake at least try and understand what you post!!

I never claimed any of it was about me let alone "all of it". I realise my unimportance, something to do with humility which is something you could learn. Maybe you will when you drag your arse out of your backside just for a minute or two:-)

I can maintain a fruitless petty squabble for as long as you want but I'm more likely to ban you for good for wasting my time. That's about the only warning I'm putting up so I do urge you to get your head out your arse and give it a little thought.

As for cleaning up the thread, nope it's not happening. It's here to stay and possibly longer than you! There are plenty of other threads in the Knowledge Base that contain shite, this one will be the same.

Now, if you decide to stay get this clear. If you quote someone from the board you are asking them directly a question or directing a comment directly at them. If you wish to simply thank someone you can always click the THANK YOU button which you can find bottom left of any given post.

Have I not posted enough for you in the Knowledge Base? Sorry, too busy moderating the forum. Don't know if you had noticed but there are one or two self opinionated pricks on the site. One of note who spends his time simply quoting material from others text with his own pious comment [Ed] :-) like they are the all knowing fucking oracle, ha ha.

When it come to self opinion I guess you take care of that for us all! I realise my unimportance even on this site but that unimportance does not prevent me from moderating. And I will moderate you if you want :-)
    Last edited by Fenders Fingers; 02-05-18 at 07:09 PM. Reason: error

Thanks

My apologies to those members who open the thread hoping to find some new or interesting post and they only find shite posted between myself and stplsd.
    That apology is sincerely meant.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,611 Times in 2,464 Posts

Update
    Saturday 6 January 1968

Danmarks Radio TV studio, København

Interview by Carsten Grolin, “...and one or two songs, playback”. If they played, the group must have
    taken their instruments with them on the plane, or borrowed!?, Neville and their van were still in
    Sweden! For Peberkværnen [‘pepper mill’], ‘Magasin for tennagere’. Broadcast between 17:15 &
    17:40
    Karsten Laybourn said DR TV told him (1995?) there is no tape now and it was not broadcast. But he
    now says he has since been in contact with the DR archivewho have (just told him? Or shown him?
    - Has he had access?) that it has apparently been digitized and archived. It is unclear if they
    performed as the info only says that ‘Axis: Bold As Love’ (an LP title) ‘was used’, Were clips used for
    backing music to the interviews, or what? Presumably they were all[?] interviewed (if the photo is
    actually from this show), as the JHE are all seated? The very small and blurred photo appears to be
    clipped from an unnamed publication (newspaper quality) with no text, so really could be from anything
    (a TV paper/pop paper/newspaper?), there is nothing to say what it is actually of!?
    The ‘royalty log’, according to Laybourn, informs us that the interviewer wore an ‘afro wig’ [sic, surely that
    would be a ‘Jimi’ or ‘Dylan’ wig - the ‘Afro’ hair-do was not a thing yet]
    to make fun of Jimi.
    This was a very controversial, satirical, comedy show. I haven't seen anything to suggest it featured
    bands actually playing? Anyone?
    Jimi is wearing his cowboy hat; the ‘Afghan’ waistcoat; the black frilly shirt[?], two large rings on R hand
    and the checked trousers - the photo print is too blurred and small to make out any other details

Song/s [if there was? unknown]

Carsten Grolin: “The interview took about five minutes and was transmitted live. Following the
    interview, Jimi and Co. performed one or two songs – playback. In those days, groups had to mime
    as the technicians simply couldn’t deal with rock. After the show, Jimi and I shared a joint out in the
    canteen-garden of Danmarks Radio. That was the last time I talked to him.”

Saturday 6? January 1968
    Denmark [Unknown paper] (above program info)

Saturday 6 January 1968
    Denmark
    BERLINGSKE TIDENDE (page 34) [...] On Thursday afternoon he was still drunk, but could perform in
    Göteborg in the evening. The police have kept his passport, and he's had a special permit issued to go
    to København today. In the afternoon he will be interviewed for the TV show "Peberkværnen".

Saturday 6 January 1968
    Hotel Nordland room 103.
    Steen Utche (Nye Borg photographer): “Photographer Bent Rej told me that Jimi was staying at the
    Hotel Nordland, so I drove down and was told by the hall porter that Jimi wasn’t staying there! I
    decided to wait in the reception area. After an hour I met Elin Fischer there, a girl who worked as a
    go-go girl at Star Club. She told me, ‘I’m going up to Jimi so just come along.’ When we got up there,
    Jimi was sitting on a big bed with lots of pillows, together with a Danish girl, probably a groupie, who I
    didn’t know...[rest of interview?]”

Brought to you through ‘The Oracle’

Last edited by stplsd; 05-12-18 at 01:16 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post: