Re: Royal Albert Hall Jan,24, 1969 DVD 2016 ~ GYPSY EYES VERSION ~

Oh yes!!

Thanks

absolutely please!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Max View Post
    Anybody up for some pristine unseen Maui soon?
    Is that a question?

The answer is: Yeah!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firstrays View Post
    Anybody up for some pristine unseen Maui soon?

Yes pleeeeze!!
    umm, soooooo, whats the story, where is this source coming from, and more importantly, when . Is there a link or something

Thanks

Kurt,
    BIG thank you for all your hard work on this update and all the other fabby film you share with us.
    Stay sane!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to firstrays For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wonderful and important work you have done, Kurt, and I thank you for it, this is without doubt Hendrix' best professionally filmed concert, except for Purple Haze and Wild Thing (I think he regretted that if I can judge his shaking his head in disgust with himself backstage after the show?) no weak(er) spots I think, several "up there" close-to definitive live versions, and since we're still not getting it from "upstairs" your version is more than welcome and such a better watching experience than those old versions! They used to cause me headache and frustration.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tintinesk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Do you still or anybody else (there must be several here) have a link to your previous version (that next-tolast one (omitting the out-of-sync one), with the repeated crowd reactions removed and in its place photo stills etc. = the version you made before you changed it due to comments), as I have now the latest version and would like to compare the two as to see which one I like the most? Thank you very much !

Here is a Mega link to the corrected Gypsy Eyes (the original link had several out of syncronization segments) :-/
    As usual, I have tried to upload a torrent and was told that upload failed.
    https://mega.nz/#F!axAVhDqb!45zUk16xdSXzs-JyfTFc7Q

Thanks

Hi J. Lucas, thank you but I mean, the one just before the out-of-sync (1st version of retitled) Gypsy Eyes (that in itself preceded Gypsy Eyes corrected/synced version), referred to in this thread, where all the photo stills, especially created psychedlic stuff are in and repeated audience reactions shots are edited out (while in the definitive edition they're back in by popular request).

I was referring to the version markustea was referring to (below pasted = post 3 of this thread)

Quote Originally Posted by markustea View Post
    I was happy with your last version.. I don't like the "shaky camera thing" and the "repetitive audience". I'll stick with that version, but, cheers to you for trying to be acquiescent, and attempting to satisfy the masses!! I enjoyed your artistic approach from the last edit...thanks again.

Thanks

Thank you so very much J. Lucas, I've been having connection problems all day, only just know could get through, great to have this version now, too!
    Last edited by tintinesk; 09-27-16 at 10:41 PM. Reason: correcting typos

Thanks

think it`s abit out of order showing the audience falling asleep dos`nt look good for the memory of jimi

Thanks

Royal Albert Hall boot film NOTICE: New version for download. Gypsy Eyes Vers Duex (two).
    Changes from previous versions include...
    less colour saturation and color bleed
    less photos / more slo motion and freeze frames instead
    some areas have less contrast and noise reduction
    I've never been able to successfully create a torrent link to this site so here is a mega link for the DVD...
    https://mega.nz/#F!SlJDgZjD!qikFXOyT349Cw7xWsRBHWA

Here is the link for the full uncompressed 12.3 gig file...
    https://vimeo.com/172231550

PS It is still not perfect (and meant to be viewed with a degree of patience). :-
    Last edited by Kurt Max; 03-28-17 at 02:43 AM.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kurt Max For This Useful Post:

Thanks

New version now available. Links found in above message (and repeated in first message in thread). Further slavish attempts at perfecting colour...yawn...good night...To some, the only noticeable difference is that the show starts right in without the long announcer introduction at the start (there was no actual footage showing the announcer so it was tedious waiting for the footage to start).
    PS I STILL have zero success in being able to upload a torrent on my own. Even now with a new windows 10 computer..."file upload fail".
    Last edited by Kurt Max; 03-30-17 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,463 Times in 733 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vkd108 View Post
    I only managed to download 38% then the Mega site said I was over my quota and had to pay to download the rest or wait 6 hours. I am waiting 6 hours but don't have much hope of it restarting again. Can't you upload to a decent site that doesn't have miserly, money-grabbing restrictions built in?

Actually MEGA is a decent site....I've been using it for years now...they give you 50gig storage free....
    thing is if you want to download more than 2gigs ...you need to use the MEGA browser add-on....which is free also...I don't know what you ran into...I've never seen anything asking me for money....except to upgrade my free account to a paid one, which I haven't done.
    --
    PS: he did put it up on VIMEO...but it's 12gig download...Kurt has some trouble making torrents otherwise he would have made one.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sorry, I've used MEGA for a couple of years and never had anyone say anything like that. I've never successfully been able to upload a torrent. The pisses me off but whatever . What file sharing alternative do you suggest? I'm now uploading to my drop box but that's about a 9 hour wait.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vkd108 View Post
    I only managed to download 38% then the Mega site said I was over my quota and had to pay to download the rest or wait 6 hours. I am waiting 6 hours but don't have much hope of it restarting again. Can't you upload to a decent site that doesn't have miserly, money-grabbing restrictions built in?
    try installing MegaDownloader (google it). And use that.

cheers
    kp

Thanks

Yes, it completed the download now, no worries. Sorry for bothering you about it, I was just a bit t'ed off when it said pay money to upgrade your account NOW or wait six hours; I hate that type of threatening behaviour so I was reacting to that really. But I left it for 6 hours and it completed the download no problem so all is well. Thanks again for all your help and also for making this material available to us. Much appreciated. Thanks to all who responded with replies to my grouching. Have a nice day in Hendrix consciousness!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to vkd108 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

PS It is still not perfect (and meant to be viewed with a degree of patience). :-
    Kurt,
    Thank you so much for your working on this. I like to do restoration myself, and I know how it can get. Lots of decisions to make. There is no right way. Just do it your way.
    All the best,
    mcp