Thanked 1,713 Times in 219 Posts

Machine Gun Jimi.. 2LP

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/det...188501?lang=en

Release date: 30.9.2016

Does anyone have more infos???

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to okla70homa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Machine Gun Jimi.. 2LP

By the title I would say this is late 1969 or 1970 material. Could be Newport Jam as well? The first Machine Gun lyrics were debuted at the 6-22 Jam I believe.
    Last edited by Experiencereunited; 07-30-16 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks

It's the Band Of Gypsys 31.12.69 First show complete,The EH website had it posted yesterday, however the link now appears to have disappeared.

Thanks

Hmmmm... Unfortunately nothing truly new then unless there is some bonus material. However, if this is from the so called "Paul Allen owned masters" this should be an upgrade to all that circulates so in that respect something to look forward to.

Thanks

This should be from the original multitracks .If it is it will be incredible.This is the best best gypsys show .Wow .Hoping for cd and 5.1 dvd audio.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Big Pete For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    This should be from the original multitracks .If it is it will be incredible.This is the best best gypsys show .Wow .Hoping for cd and 5.1 dvd audio.
    I agree! This is my favorite show of the four.

Thanks

Totally agree if they release this in all the usual formats, I would be quite satisfied at this show as this year's official release.

Thanks

I saw John Chappina mention John McDermott asked him about permission for his photos recently, and now there's a definite answer! No question this will be an excellent release, and the performance will have the sound quality to match it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

But still nothing new then!!
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

Correct me if I am wrong but only Hear My Train (BOG 2 and Live At The Fillmore East) and Izabella (Live At The Fillmore East) have ever been officially released from this show. BOG 2 source was terrible and Live At The Fillmore East was very good but not as good as it could have been. So in this respect we are geeting a slew of never before officially released material and upgrades to the 2 songs that have been officially released. Yes I know we have the bootlegs but other than the Bob Terry tape which only contains 4 songs the quality on the boots we have is pretty substandard so this is a necessary release to finally get this show in top quality.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was thinking just last week that it was almost August and no fall release announcement yet! Should be great but would still like all 4 concerts released as a box set. Perhaps there will be a "super ultra deluxe" edition released though I will not hold my breath for that.

Thanks

Indeed, new to official release though that still remains "nothing new" to us the collector.
    I always welcome new to official release on the basis that it should by default sound better than boots or circulated collectors material. That it is on vinyl is also of a bonus for the likes of myself, but it remains nothing new.

Lets just hope at the very least this is the forerunner of the much awaited "complete" box set from these four performances.

Though that again would be nothing new, or is it?

Look forward to getting this release as much as I did the RSD re-re-re-re-re- issue of Smash Hits.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by king guitar View Post
    It's the Band Of Gypsys 31.12.69 First show complete,The EH website had it posted yesterday, however the link now appears to have disappeared.
    Wasn't there something wrong with the vocal mic on the first two songs? Wonder what they'll do there???

Thanks

Even though we've heard this show in partial SBD (decent) and AUD (very good) quality, I'm pretty excited to be getting this show with what should be perfect sound. I, too, am curious to hear what "Paper Airplanes" is going to sound like. This show is one of Jimi's most focused performances and he's playing like he has something to prove. Sign me up!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyeball For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We have never had a soundboard of this show the 4 cut board we have is from a reference mix jimi took home . The multitracks may well have the vocals .The setlist is awesome and we have been spoiled by Larry Yellins great sounding audience tape for many years .Getting the final four songs from this set off the multis will be incredible.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Big Pete For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 658 Posts

of late, Eddie Kramer is also doing wonderful work on the sound. Technology these days is so advanced they can actually make a beautifully sounding recording.

I remember some interview with Eddie Kramer saying that the Fillmore recordings were his first live recordings he made for official release and everything in this regard was much in and infant stage. I believe the tape recorder was below the stage, all very unprofessional. Woodstock must have been one of the first more professional live recordings in those days (Monterey must have been too, but Eddie was not involved in that, so maybe he had to figure it out himself?). If the recording was not perfect, nowadays they can make it almost perfect. Can't wait to hear the show.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,509 Times in 285 Posts

This is the best Hendrix news I have heard in a long, long time! My personal favourite Hendrix show! Arguably his best ever! Almost like a run through of a BoG album that never was! Great to hear - first time I have been excited about "new" release since...well...we're going back a while...I also think that releases of innovative, high intensity shows such as BoG first show are also better for his reputation for new fans than releases like Atlanta etc.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to funkydrummer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If that IS the cover art for the new release EH needs to fire whoever's putting these together,this and the Atlanta release art suck, looks like they spent all of Five minutes putting these together, Janie needs to check out Jellycat & Okla70homa's work in our art section.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to king guitar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post
    Says account suspended when I click on link. I must have missed the window to view it