Thread: 1966-03-31 (~) USA, Atco release Help Me (Get The Feeling) Ray Sharpe

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

1966-03-31 (~) USA, Atco release Help Me (Get The Feeling) Ray Sharpe

Thursday 31 March 1966
    Around this date Atco release Help Me (Get The Feeling) Ray Sharpe Atco 4602
    31 Rolling Stones. Lyon, Palais d'Hiver x2, France
    April 1966
    Mitch was with Georgie Fame & The Blue Flames
    Noel was probably playing gigs with his mate Neil Landon’s band
    Linda Keith was probably in New York City by now [ie “Spring”]
    01 Hendrix, likely New York City or thereabout
    Friday 1 (9) April 1966
    USA
    BILLBOARD (page 60) ‘New Action R&B Singles’ Help Me (Get The Feeling) Ray Sharpe Atco 4602. [Sharpe is backed by King Curtis & his band which includes Jimi. Ed.]
    02 Hendrix, likely New York City or thereabout
    Early April New York City, ‘Ham and Eggs’ restaurant, New York, USA
    Diana Carpenter (using the alias “Regina Jackson”), then a sixteen-year-old run-away who was supporting herself by prostitution, claims she met Hendrix here, and he moved in with her at the Lexington Hotel, they apparently had an on-off relationship that lasted till the end of August. Hendrix it seems was still seeing Faye Pridgon though, and at some point in this time frame also has a relationship with Carol Shiroky, Curtis Knight’s ex, spending time with her at the Lenox Hotel. He later appears to have accepted that he was the father of Carpenter’s daughter Tamika, according to Steingarten’s communications with him and Steingarten’s urgent visit to London, not to mention the telling lyric in his song about “Tami”, or is it “Tammy”? either way it’s close.
    So Jimi was quite probably now having concurrent ‘relationships’ with his “ex” Faye Pridgon (who he seems to have still had a very close emotional relationship with), Carol Shiroky & Diana Carpenter. There are several claims that Knight was a pimp, his “ex” Shiroky stayed in a hotel, regularly visited by Jimi. I don’t want to ‘dish the dirt’ on her (she has remained a ‘shady’ figure only giving one interview), but circumstancially, it doesn’t look ‘good’ and Carpenter was a self admitted prostitute at the time – begs the question, was Jimi a pimp too?
    02 Hendrix, likely New York City or thereabout
    Last edited by stplsd; 12-02-16 at 12:02 PM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."