Thread: A 'Band of Gypsys' studio release? Billy thinks so!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 276 Posts

A 'Band of Gypsys' studio release? Billy thinks so!

Billy Cox about the current release, and about what he would like to see out soon:

Q: Is the plan to release each show as its own album moving forward, to your knowledge?

Billy Cox: That will be a decision made by Experience Hendrix. But there’s a lot of stuff in the can that needs to be looked at as part of the Band of Gypsys the group and the stuff that we did. When they first released the Band of Gypsys album, it was very raw and I was really picky about my mistakes, going like, “Oh, I should have picked up on this spot,” or “My string was out of tune.”

But now there’s some things in the can that was made in the studio between me, Buddy and Jimi that were completed and man, it’s smokin’. I’m waiting for that to be released. Experience Hendrix does a great job with this music, and there’s some new stuff on the horizon they should bring out.

http://observer.com/2016/12/listen-t...concerts-ever/

Thanks

Re: A 'Band of Gypsys' studio release? Billy thinks so!

I hope this is referring to more than just Baggy's Rehearsal Sessions
    Is the microphone on?

Thanks

Tantalizing! But sort of reminds me of an interview w/Noel back in the late 80s where he said that the "4th experience album" was almost done and ready to be released (probably the overdubbed Chandler tapes). Any unreleased STUDIO cuts by B.O.G. would be fantastic to have.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skizzle View Post
    Tantalizing!(...)Any unreleased STUDIO cuts by B.O.G. would be fantastic to have.
    Would be, indeed. But bearing in mind that Billy seems to be talking about (the) tracks recorded with Jimi and Buddy before the Fillmore concerts, and not after the BoG tag being in use:

"But there’s a lot of stuff in the can that needs to be looked at as part of the Band of Gypsys the group and the stuff that we did."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubem For This Useful Post: