Thread: Want to be 'Johnny Jimiseed!'

Thanks

Want to be 'Johnny Jimiseed!'

I just joined, lucked out & figured out how to upload, & want to help out/be a seeder - is there any way to check that I am?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

Re: Want to be 'Johnny Jimiseed!'

Quote Originally Posted by JimiDrJ View Post
    I just joined, lucked out & figured out how to upload, & want to help out/be a seeder - is there any way to check that I am?
    Nice.

I sent you a PM and not an e mail so you can simply reply to that if you want.

As for seeding:
    You don't have to upload to build your seed points. Simply download any audio / visual from the site and as long as it remains on the PC/MAC while you are on the machine it will seed back.

Again, take the time to check out the site. All this is explained here already. Your posts will show you your seed ratio or you can check on your own page by clicking on your name or notification tab at the top right of the page ^^^^^^^

Like I keep saying, check out the site, most if not all of your answers are here!

FF
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As long as your computer is on and your torrent program is open you'll seed (upload) whatever torrents you downloaded yourself should someone else download from this site the file you already have.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Red House For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

you only seed (and increase ratio) when you are 'leeched'. when not 'seeding' and your show remains 'active' (available-for-leech) in your client your ratio does not increase, but you do accumulate seed points. seed points are then 'redeemed' for upload 'bytes', which updates your ratio, AND/OR, seed points can be 'donated' to a ratio-poor member who roams this site looking for a 'hand-out'. this is my current understanding (still looking for 'free-leech' torrents as indicated on the home page) . the site-owner may modify these functions at will.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich