Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Room Full Of Mirrors - 1 CD's & 3 DVD's BOX Set (new stuff?)

Thanks

Smile Room Full Of Mirrors - 1 CD's & 3 DVD's BOX Set (new stuff?)

Hi to @!!

Any info about this? I guess (for the price) that everything was already in the market (official and or bootlegs)... but if somebody has it, could share more info?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jimi-Hemndri...EAAOSwEzxYVI9j

thanksss!

Thanks

Re: Room Full Of Mirrors - 1 CD's & 3 DVD's BOX Set (new stuff?)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mangoe1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks!

the last question...

1-18 Monterey Pop Festival - Outtakes, Killing Floor 18-06-67
    1-19 Monterey Pop Festival - Addiitonal Version Like A Rolling Stone 18-06-67

what is that? "additional version?" and outtake? Jimi had opportunity for rehearsals before the show? (I just knew about Janis that had to start again her show for filming issues).

Thanks

I think "Killing Floor" could be considered an outtake to the original "Monterey Pop" movie although it was included in the "Jimi Plays Monterey" movie. Similarly didn't "Jimi Plays Monterey" (or whatever that movie was called), begin with footage of Jimi playing in Britain? I'm guessing that's the "Like a Rolling Stone" clip.

Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    Thanks!

the last question...

1-19 Monterey Pop Festival - Addiitonal Version Like A Rolling Stone 18-06-67

what is that? "additional version?" and outtake? Jimi had opportunity for rehearsals before the show? (I just knew about Janis that had to start again her show for filming issues).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,095 Times in 210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Stone View Post
    I think "Killing Floor" could be considered an outtake to the original "Monterey Pop" movie although it was included in the "Jimi Plays Monterey" movie. Similarly didn't "Jimi Plays Monterey" (or whatever that movie was called), begin with footage of Jimi playing in Britain? I'm guessing that's the "Like a Rolling Stone" clip.
    Killin' Floor could be the version featured in the original theatrical version of Keep On Rockin' by DA Pennebaker circa 1973. As a sort of "prequal" it was attached to the Toronto 1969 perfomances of Bo Diddley, Jerry Lee Lewis, ChuckBerry and Little Richard, together withJanis Joplin also filmed at Monterey. I saw it around 1974 on German TV, but unfortunately I didn't have a VCR at the time. Only Killin' Floor survives, recorded on VHS by some-one else.
    http://www.nytimes.com/movie/review?...B4678388669EDE

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kees1954 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I remember the broadcast, even taped (audio only) it from TV. Tape is long gone. Jerry Lee Lewis: Grrrrrrr...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Henry_s For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Killing Floor , there are 4 single camera versions of the Monterey song. Could be the first one, focused on Jimi.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MP For This Useful Post:

Thanks

could be... but I never considerer it as an "outtake"...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 371 Posts

I broke down and purchased this. There is some interesting stuff on it. Quality varies both sound and video. Some is excellent. Most of it not so much. Some unique things on it at least to me. A lot of the video looks like it is taken from youtube streams which leaves those annoying blotches in the picture you don't see from other formats or it could be just poor DVD transferring. I will post a full review in the near future of this set with additional details and corrections to what discogs lists. I'll answer the Killing Floor question right now. That section is actually 5 different takes of Killing Floor. The first 4 takes are single camera angles with the occasional all white screen (while music continues) that seems to me to be a place holder for where whoever was editing would fly in a different camera angle at a later time for a complete multi angle edit. The fifth take is a full multi camera completed edit. I have not had a chance to compare the 5th take yet to either the EH version or the Douglas Version to see if it is the same or not as one of those edits. I will compare to the EH and Douglas edits before I post my final complete review. I have never seen the Keep On Rockin' edit.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks

_
    Last edited by Experiencereunited; 02-24-18 at 02:27 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I reedited the details to make it more clear and easy to follow. This has all the corrections verses what discogs lists.

This boot has excellent packaging. A Long Box set similar to the Purple Box and West Coast Seattle Boy Box with great cover art and an embossed exterior. There is also an excellent booklet included inside. The actual content provides a very complete picture of just about all of the unofficial released Jimi bits out there over his entire career. Includes some unique rare stuff. Its missing the recently surfaced Chicago 24-02-68, Atlanta 68, Merriweather Post Pavillion 68 and Hamburg 13-01-69 footage but you can’t have everything can you…. Unfortunately the video quality is spotty with most tending to be lesser quality than what can be found elsewhere with a few exceptions. Many of the videos seem to be youtube streams which produce annoying blotches at times. There are also a few areas where the videos freeze briefly. This happens pretty rarely but is annoying when it does. Some of this material is synched but a lot of it isn’t. Some of the material that isn’t synched on this set you can find in far better quality and synched in collectors circles or even on youtube. I suppose it’s a matter of taste as to whether it is better to watch Jimi footage silent (if it can’t be synched) or to watch it with music over the footage that doesn’t sync with the footage. This box chooses the latter method but at least in most instances the songs playing over the footage are from the same show. I prefer to see the videos synched where possible ala Jammin Jimi but sometimes that means a lot of footage that couldn’t be synched gets left out. This boot shows either the complete version of the shorter film clips out there (some of them are in slow mo, fast forward or repeating btw) or in some cases multiple footage edited together but the fact the footage in a lot of cases is not synched at all gets irritating after a while. In addition to the 3 DVDs there is an audio CD of a 1991 radio show but edited to add alternate takes where the original radio show used the official takes. A really well produced Radio show and made cooler by the alternate takes added in. If you can get past the inferior picture and sound quality that most but not all of the clips have this set really is a great career spanning video retrospective.

As with many boots there are a variety of errors in what material is actually included. I have added in bold corrections, additions and/or additional details to what the packaging lists. I have also struck through errors listed on the packaging. I have stuck with the European dating format throughout.
    I would like to torrent this but had problems last time I tried to torrent 25 alternates boot CD a while ago. I think the site has had some fixes since then so I may try again soon.

The highlights of this set to me (I probably missed some this thing is 8 hours long!) are
    1. Longer Summertime Blues audio Edit of 27-08-67 than what commonly circulates (still not complete)
    2. Great quality Clark University Footage including Mitch interview
    3. 69 hawaii footage looks really good
    4. Red House Village Gate Audio (This audio sounds like 1970 to me and I have compared it to the other 1970 Red Houses and none of them match the audio here, It is possible I suppose the audio is a 69 Red House and not the actaul audio from villageg gate )
    6. Great audio on 01-08-70 footage

1-1 Night Train Us Show With Buddy And Stacy - Shotgun 00-05-65
    1-2 Paris Backstage - Blowing Smokerings With Johnny Hallyday 18-10-66
    1-3 Saville Theatre, London – Color Promotional Film For BBC - Hey Joe 31-01-67
    1-4 Saville Theatre, London 31-01-67 Footage with 27-08-67 Music excepts playing over it –
    I Don't Live Today (2 sections) / Hey Joe (2 sections) / Purple Haze (2 sections) /
    Catfish Blues (2 sections)/ Red House / Not Sync
    1-5 Saville Theatre, London – BW Promotional Film For French - TV Hey Joe 31-01-67
    1-6 Saturday Scene, Corn Exchange, Chelmsford, Essex - Like A Rolling Stone / Stone Free 25-02-67
    1-7 Marquee Club, London - Hey Joe / Purple Haze 02-03-67
    1-8 Tienerlaken, Universal TV Studio, Waterloo - Hey Joe / Stone Free 07-03-67
    1-9 Gaumont Cinema, Ipswich - Purple Haze / Wild Thing 01-04-67
    1-10 Late Night Line Up, BBC - Manic Depression 17-04-67
    1-11 Top Of The Pops, BBC - Purple Haze 04-05-67
    1-12 Top Of The Pops, BBC - Wind Cries Mary 10-05-67
    1-13 Music Hall De France El D'Ailleurs, Paris - Hey Joe / Stone Free / Wild Thing 11-05-67
    1-14 Beat Beat Beat, Offenbach - Stone Free / Hey Joe / Purple Haze 17-05-67
    1-15 Konserthallen, Liseberg, Gothenburg -Excerpts Rock Me Baby /Hey Joe/ Wind Cries Mary /
    Purple Haze /Wild Thing - Not Sync 19-05-67
    1-16 Kulttuurifalo, Helsinki – Excerpt Hey Joe Unknown audio source/ Not Sync 22-05-67
    1-17 Popside, Stockholm - Purple Haze / Wind Cries Mary 24-05-67
    5 takes. First 4 takes are single camera edits with some sections of each having an
    all white screen while the music continues playing. Assume these were spots to add different angles for a multicamera edits to each take. Take 5 is a unique Multi Angle Edit different from all 4
    EH edits(not to be confused with the first 4 edits on this set) and the Douglas edit too.
    1-19 Monterey Pop Festival -Like A Rolling Stone 18-06-67 A Film About Jimi Hendrix edit
    1-20 -Salvation Club August 67 Footage much of it in Fast Forward mode
    more than I have seen before Catfish Blues 27-08-67 (3 sections) playing over footage

1-21 Unlisted on tracklist. Footage unknown. Actual footage from 27-08-67?
    Summer Time Blues 27-08-67 Saville playing over footage. Audio longer than audio
    in general circulation of Summertime Blues
    1-22 Stora Scenen, Stockholm, Sweden - Excerpts, Purple Haze / Sgt. Pepper's / Lover Man /
    Hey Joe / Foxy Lady / Burning Of The Midnight Lamp / Fire / Catfish Blues / Not Sync 04-09-67
    1-23 Karlstad, Sweden 09-09-67- Catfish Blues 27-08-67 (final segment) playing over footage
    1-24 Musicorama, Olympia, Paris – Wild Thing 09-10-67
    1-25 Dim Dam Dom, French TV – Burning Of The Midnight Lamp / Hey Joe 10-10-67
    1-26 French TV Show, Rue Daguerre Market –
    Wind Cries Mary / Burning Of The Midnight Lamp 10-10-67
    1-27 French Ortf Show - Burning Of The Midnight Lamp 12-10-67
    1-28 Popsicle, Sweden - Purple Haze 24-05-67 Different Broadcast perhaps broadcast on
    06-11-67?
    1-29 Bossom, Netherlands (Hoepla TV Show) – Purple Haze / Not Sync 10-11-67
    1-30 Discorama, French TV – Wind Cries Mary / Burning Of The Midnight Lamp 12-11-67
    1-31 Opera House, Blackpool, Lancashire – Purple Haze / Wild Thing 25-11-67
    1-32 Olympia Theater, London - Mike Ephron shokan jam playing over backstage
    footage/ I Don't Live Today / Sgt. Pepper's / Foxy Lady / Wild Thing 22-12-67
    1968-69
    2-1 Gröna Lund, Stora Scenen - Voodoo Chile - Plug Out 09-01-69 Early Show
    Strange edit
    2-2 Clark University, Worchester - Wild Thing 15-03-68 Some of the best quality footage of this
    I have seen Also includes some filmed Mitch interview not just Jimi as is on most boots.
    Looks like a BBC broadcast
    2-3 Generation Club, New York - Jam With Roy Buchanan 07-04-68
    2-4 Miami Pop Festival, Gulfstream Racetrack - Hear My Train / Not Sync 18-05-68
    2-5 Piper Club, Rome, Report On Jimi Hendrix Experience In Italy 23-05-68
    2-6 Hallenstadion Zürich, Swiss - Ain't No Telling studio/
    And Excerpts Purple Haze / Red House / Wild Thing
    playing over 31-05-68 and 30-05-68 footage not synched
    2-7 Dusty Springfield Show, BBC - Excerpts Mockingbird With Dusty 04-06-68
    2-8 Melody Maker Festival, Woburn, Abbey - Excerpt Tax Free 06-07-68
    2-9 Stinger Bowl, Flushing Meadows, Queens - Are You Experienced / Fire / Hey Joe / Wild Thing
    23-08-68 Poor Synch job
    2-10 Hollywood Bowl - Excerpts Fire / Voodoo Chile 14-09-68 Not synched
    2-11 Ttg Studios California footage - Studio Jam With Jack Cassidy and flute player also
    Vallentino Mansion Footage
    , Excerpts Jam with Traffic/ Gloria / Lover Man / Red House Jam 29-10-68 playing over
    Footage Not Synched
    2-12 Curtis Hixon Hall, Tampa 23-11-68 – Excerpts Jam/Fire from source unknown to me. I assume
    Film Footage to be actual Tampa footage but have never known an audio source from this
    show. Audio actually from 23-11-68????
    2-13 Promotional Film - All Along The Watchtower 00-00-68 BW footage from 31-1-67
    Very Well done promo video (cut)
    2-14 Happening For Lulu, BBC - Voodoo Chile / Hey Joe / Sunshine Of Your Love 04-01-69
    2-15 Lorensberg Circus, Gothenburg – (Footage In slow motion)
    Excerpts Voodoo Chile / I Don’t Live Today Not Sync 08-01-69
    2-16 North Hall, Ellis Auditorium, Memphis – Excerpts I Don't Live Today / Hear My Train A Comin' /
    Not Sync 18-04-69
    2-17 Los Angeles Forum, California - Excerpts Tax Free / Spanish Castle Magic Not Sync 26-04-69
    2-18 Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto - Excerpt Voodoo Chile / Not Sync 03-05-69
    2-19 Civic Center Baltimore - Excerpts I Don't Live Today / Tax Free / Not Sync 16-05-69
    2-20 Madison Square Garden, NYC - Excerpts Lover Man / Hear My Train / Not Sync 18-05-69
    Some of it is sychned but most is out of synch

2-21 San Jose Pop Festival - Excerpt Voodoo Chile 25-05-69 Not Synched
    2-22 Waikiki Shell, Honolulu, Hawaii - C'Mon Let The Good Times Roll / Not Sync 31-05-69
    Footage looks really good
    2-23 Newport Pop Festival, Devonshire Downs - Fire 20-06-69 Synched from 2 sources
    2-24 Newport Pop Festival, Devonshire Downs - Excerpts We Gotta Live Together / The Sky Is Crying / Earth Vs Space / End Of Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) 22-06-69
    2-25 Newport Pop Festival, Devonshire Downs, 8mm - The Sky Is Crying / Earth Vs Space 22-06-69
    2-26 Denver Pop Festival - Excerpts I Don't Live Today / Tax Free 29-06-69 Not synched
    2-27 Madison Square Garden - Backstage With The Rolling Stones 29-06-69 Some footage has
    Sunshine of Your Love (Jan 69?) playing over it and some contains actual backstage sound
    2-28 Fillmore East, Second Show - Tryin To Be / Fire / Ezy Rider 31-12-69
    3-1 Fillmore East, NYC - Who Knows / Machine Gun 01-01-70
    3-2 Madison Square Garden, NYC - Short 28-01-70
    3-3 San Diego, Sportsarena -25-07-70
    Excerpt of I Don't Live Today 09-01-69 Late Show playing over footage
    3-4 Dane County Coliseum, Milwaukee -02-05-70
    Excerpt Studio Cherokee Mist (Purple Box version) playing over footage.
    I question whether this is actually Dane County Footage or if it is actually BW 25-07-70.
    Video quality is horrible so hard to tell.
    3-5 Village Gate Theatre, NYC – Excerpt Red House / Not Sync 04-05-70 Significant because this audio has
    not been in general circulation before!
    3-6 Temple University Stadium, Philadelphia - Excerpt Red House 16-05-70 Not synched
    3-7 Berkeley Community Center -30-05-70 Late Show
    Excerpts Berkeley Soud check Villanova Junction > Keep On Groovin playing over very
    cool Late Show 8 MM footage
    3-8 Civic Center, Baltimore - Hey Joe 13-06-70 Not Synched
    3-9 Atlanta Pop Festival, Georgia - Stone Free 04-07-70 A Film About Jimi Hendrix bonus footage edit
    3-10 Randall's Island Downing Stadium - Foxy Lady / Star Spangled Banner 17-07-70
    Better Quality than the Version of Day The Music Died that is in general circulation
    3-11 Randall's Island Downing Stadium, 17-07-70 8mm - Excerpt BW Ezy Rider Not synched,
    Excerpts Color Fire/Red House and these do appear to be synched but very poor quality video
    so hard to tell
    3-12 Sicks Stadium, Seattle -26-07-70 Excerpt Fire, Complete Message To Love
    Excerpts/ Red House / Foxey Lady Nor Synched
    3-13 Magical Garden, Haleakala Crater, Maui - Spanish Castle Magic / Excerpt Hear My Train /
    Voodoo Chile / Drum Solo / Excerpt Fire / Dolly Dagger / Hey Baby (Land Of The Rising Sun) /
    Excerpt Ezy Rider 30-07-70 This is the Mike Parker edit in lesser quality
    3-14 Honolulu International Center, Oahou 01-08-70 - Excerpts Ezy Rider / Voodoo Child Not Sync
    Better sound than I ever remember before
    3-15 Isle Of Wight, East Afton Farm, France TV –30-08-70 Excerpt Dolly Dagger/Message To Love
    3-16 Isle Of Wight, East Afton Farm, Italy BW TV -30-08-70 Excerpt Midnight Lightning Not Synched
    3-17 Isle Of Wight, East Afton Farm, 8mm -Excerpt Foxy Lady 30-08-70 Not Synched
    3-18 Grona Lund, Stockholm - Excerpt Let The Good Times Roll , Complete Room Full Of Mirrors ,
    Excerpts Hey Baby/Power of Soul /In From The Storm 31-08-70
    Better sound than I ever remember before
    3-19 Tivoli Gardens, Stockholm – 01-09-70
    Excerpts Spanish Castle Magic / Hear My Train/ Message To Love/In From The Storm
    3-20 Veilby-Risskov Hallen, Aarhus, Denmark - Excerpt Freedom / Not Sync 02-09-70
    Footage in slow motion
    3-21 K.B. Hallen, Copenhagen - Excerpt Machine Gun / Not Sync 03-09-70
    Some footage in fast forward, some in slow motion and some looks right
    3-22 Peace And Love Festival, Fehmarn, Germany –
    Excerpts Introduction / Killing Floor Unique BW and Color Edit Synched
    Excerpts/ Spanish Castle Magic /Watchtower/Hey Joe/Message To Love/Foxey Lady/
    Freedom / Voodoo Chile 06-09-70 All not synched and super short
    3-23 NBC - Death Announcement 18-09-70
    BW footage Excerpts Foxy Lady Early Show Foxy Lady Late Show and backstage footage
    18-05-68

Stone Free BBC Radio Show 1991
    4-1 Show Intro / Stone Free Alternate Take
    4-2 Talking With Chas Chandler & Eric Clapton
    4-3 Killing Floor BBC Session
    4-4 Talking With Jeff Beck & Chas Chandler / Mitch & Noel
    4-5 Hey Joe (Alternate Take)
    4-6 Saturday Club Interview & Sting About Jimi
    4-7 Purple Haze BBC Session
    4-8 Pete Townshend
    4-9 The Wind Cries Mary Alternate Take
    4-10 Sting Talking / Chas On Image
    4-11 Fire BBC Session
    4-12 Jeff Beck On First Album Sessions
    4-13 Are You Experienced? Alternate Take
    4-14 Mitch About First Album / Jimi Talking / Third Stone / Chas Talking / Jeff Beck
    4-15 Foxy Lady Alternate Take (incomplete)
    4-16 Jeff Beck & Story
    4-17 Monterey Pop Festival / Wild Thing-Strangers In The Night / D.A. Pennebaker
    4-18 Interview With Jimi / Klaus Berling / Jeff Beck Talking
    4-19 If Six Was Nine (incomplete)
    4-20 Jeff Beck Talking / Noel Talking
    4-21 Burning Of The Midnight Lamp Alternate Take
    4-22 Chas Talking / Voodoo Chile
    4-23 Star Spangled Banner / About Woodstock / Mitch
    4-24 Band Of Gypsys / Eric Clapton Talking
    4-25 Last Interview With Keith Altham
    4-26 Chas Talking
    4-27 Angel Alternate Take (incomplete)
    4-28 Death & Buddy Miles Talking / Jeff Beck Talking / Pete Townshend Talking /
    Jimmy Page Talking
    4-29 All Along The Watchtower Alternate / End Cuts Off
    Notes
    3 DVD & 1 CD Super Deluxe Edition contains 8 hours of rare Hendrix Film material and a bonus radio show
    incl. a 12 page booklet with the complete details and tracklistings
    Limited Edition of 300 numbered copies
    Last edited by Experiencereunited; 02-24-18 at 02:34 AM.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,244 Times in 382 Posts

3-5 Village Gate Red House - are you sure this isnt RH from Berkeley 1st show?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johanincr View Post
    3-5 Village Gate Red House - are you sure this isnt RH from Berkeley 1st show?

It is definately not the Red House from 30-05-70 Berkeley Early show.

However the “unknown” Villanova Junction > Keep on Groovin I refer to over the 8 MM Berkeley footage is from the Berkeley Soundchexk and not unknown.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,981 Times in 1,541 Posts

DONATE TO CROSSTOWN TORRENTS 2018 OPERATING COSTS HERE https://www.gofundme.com/2018-ctt-operating-costs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,095 Times in 210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    It is definately not the Red House from 30-05-70 Berkeley Early show.

However the “unknown” Villanova Junction > Keep on Groovin I refer to over the 8 MM Berkeley footage is from the Berkeley Soundchexk and not unknown.
    Are you really sure? A few years ago I put the Berkeley version behind the color footage, and that got circulated (maybe).

Thanks

Cool Re: Room Full Of Mirrors - 1 CD's & 3 DVD's BOX Set (new stuff?)

Quote Originally Posted by kees1954 View Post
    Are you really sure? A few years ago I put the Berkeley version behind the color footage, and that got circulated (maybe).
    I am 100% sure the Red House playing over the Village Gate footage is not Berkeley. I
    Did a back to back compararison and the lyrikcs are even different.
    What is on it sounds like a 1970 Red House and it doesnt match any other 1970
    Red Houses so that leads me to my conclusion. I suppose it could be a 69 Red House as well and there are many
    of those which it could be. The bass sounds too deep to be Noel but as I have time I will comare to
    Some 69 Red Houses as well. Would be nice to have the Complete Village Gate audio for an a true compare.

If I can figure out how to torrent it you can compare yourself

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 794 Posts

If I can figure out how to torrent it you can compare yourself
    For just a small video clip...you don't have to torrent it...you could simply play the video in question on your PC thru VLC(free) and 'capture' the video right off your screen by choosing the record button...then just upload the video to Mega(or any other free on line storage site)...then post the download link here or upload it to Youtube.
    here's the VLC site:
    https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

27. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The Salvation club footage that looks like it's playing in FF, that is actually a feature of the 16mm camera being used. It could be set to take a single frame once a second, or something like that. Strange but true.

Thanks

I Dled this and it seems to have given me a bunch of adware. On top of that I cant seem to make it work. Technically challenged I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lucas View Post
    For just a small video clip...you don't have to torrent it...you could simply play the video in question on your PC thru VLC(free) and 'capture' the video right off your screen by choosing the record button...then just upload the video to Mega(or any other free on line storage site)...then post the download link here or upload it to Youtube.
    here's the VLC site:
    https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Thanks
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 794 Posts

I Dled this and it seems to have given me a bunch of adware. On top of that I cant seem to make it work. Technically challenged I guess.
    Adware?
    I would uninstall that then...they must have changed it in the 3.0 version....same thing happened to Utorrent...in version 3.0 they started adding crap...
    so I use Utorrent v2.2.1(build25110)
    I use VLC v2.2.6.(32bit)
    Here's the exact version I use from my backup HD(I uploaded it on MEGA)
    https://mega.nz/#!SIEjHCbB!fKvUH7-fj...YyGFMmcwd3xSMI
    after you install it....it will put an icon on your desktop
    the only thing I change in it ...is under the VIEW.tab at the top
    I select ADVANCED CONTROLS(this puts the record button on in the program menu)
    the fastest way to watch a DVD...is to simply drag the VIDEO_TS folder over to the VLC icon..
    it will start to play...then while playing...if you look at the bottom...you'll see various option buttons
    the top left button is the 'record' button...you can also pause and take snapshots(screen captures of what you watching)
    you can simply click on it to start recording the video you are watching...then click it again to stop it.
    there are other options in the extended button(audio/video/crop/etc)
    that is where you'll find an audio equalizer..and can crop out those VHS static after effects on the sides of the video(well, that's what I call them)
    I can help you thru any of this..I usually around anyway on-line
    let me know If/when you get it installed ...after making 'recorded' videos thay are stored in your My Documents folder, same with screen shots
    VLC is the most widely and simplest to use video player(or it was a few years back)
    I also have the 64bit version....if you prefer trying that ....but I think the 32bit works best.
    J.Lucas
    --
    Only thing to remember is NOT to click on 'check for new updates'
    otherwise you may end up with the adware version again.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post: