Thread: Adding Cover Art

Thanks

Adding Cover Art

Can anyone help me post some of the covers I've made for some of the cleanups and various shows that don't have cover art for them. I only do the cover art. I don't do the backs or inners, but I thought it would be nice to share some of them with you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to uncle carmi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

Re: Adding Cover Art

Quote Originally Posted by uncle carmi View Post
    Can anyone help me post some of the covers I've made for some of the cleanups and various shows that don't have cover art for them. I only do the cover art. I don't do the backs or inners, but I thought it would be nice to share some of them with you.
    Simply post the images via the "go advanced" tab.
    Any issues just ask.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post
    Simply post the images via the "go advanced" tab.
    Any issues just ask.

I will definitely give this a try. I'm just not the best with computers when it comes to posting or adding things to websites. I just figured I'd share some of the artwork I've done with the members. Thanks!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uncle carmi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 732 Posts

I will definitely give this a try. I'm just not the best with computers when it comes to posting or adding things to websites. I just figured I'd share some of the artwork I've done with the members. Thanks!
    They look fine in the gallery....all people have to do is click on 'see all uncle carmi images' to see all your work...
    Thank you for posting them

7. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lucas View Post
    They look fine in the gallery....all people have to do is click on 'see all uncle carmi images' to see all your work...
    Thank you for posting them
    Thank you! I only am using the Mac Paint App which is free. I had to get my sister up in NY to make some of the stuff diagonal for me. I have more but I want to refine them before posting them. I really appreciate the kind words. I worked very hard on them because I was basically using smoke a mirrors to get results.

Thanks

They look fantastic, uncle carni! nice work

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jhendrixfanatic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhendrixfanatic View Post
    They look fantastic, uncle carni! nice work
    Thank you for the kind words! I have more that I'm working on. Like I said I'm using a very basic program so it takes a lot of imagination to get something cool.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uncle carmi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks

Nice to see the art work posted but would it be possible to get it posted here? Thanks.

Thanks

These are awesome. Great format with a concert shot and ticket stub/poster if available. Really cool. Thanks. Is it possible to post many of these w/out the Funky Drummer cleanup text? Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    These are awesome. Great format with a concert shot and ticket stub/poster if available. Really cool. Thanks. Is it possible to post many of these w/out the Funky Drummer cleanup text? Beggars can't be choosers I guess.
    Thank you for the kind words. I've had some of these for awhile and wasn't sure if they cut the mustard so to speak. You mean shows that weren't cleaned up by him or his shows without the tags?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 732 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post
    Nice to see the art work posted but would it be possible to get it posted here? Thanks.
    Problem with that is 'when' the attachments disappear, they are gone/deleted....in the gallery it doesn't seem to have that effect.
    You can go to numerous threads where all the 'attachments' are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    Personally ..I'd leave the Funkydrummer credit, for separation purposes....or maybe just reduce the size of the lettering.
    Last edited by J.Lucas; 07-03-17 at 03:26 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lucas View Post
    Problem with that is 'when' the attachments disappear, they are gone/deleted....in the gallery it doesn't seem to have that effect.
    You can go to numerous threads where all the 'attachments' are gone.

Personally ..I'd leave the Funkydrummer credit, for separation purposes....or maybe reduce the size of them.
    I have other shows which are not Funkydrummer Cleanups I can put up soon. I just had been working on those particular lately because of the 1969 shows. They are also probably some of my best ones because I was able to email my sister some of the posters and tickets from those shows for her to make them diagonal. Also my recent stuff I've kind of learned every trick I can with the limited ability I have from Mac Paint.

Thanks

I have other shows which are not Funkydrummer Cleanups I can put up soon. I just had been working on those particular lately because of the 1969 shows. They are also probably some of my best ones because I was able to email my sister some of the posters and tickets from those shows for her to make them diagonal. Also my recent stuff I've kind of learned every trick I can with the limited ability I have from Mac Paint.
    Its fantastic that you take the time and effort to do these UC, love them :-)
    But the gallery is not the place for Cover Art and at some point I will delete them from that area.

So please, can you make up a dedicated thread for your wonderful work here.

Can I also suggest that you make a folder up of this work ready for when the tracker is back on line. Then it can be added to the Funkydrummer audio torrent thread.

Ta mate.

Thanks

[QUOTE=J.Lucas;122731]Problem with that is 'when' the attachments disappear, they are gone/deleted....in the gallery it doesn't seem to have that effect.
    You can go to numerous threads where all the 'attachments' are gone. QUOTE]

Yes, I get that. Many of us have seen our efforts disappear and its bloody annoying to say the least given the time and effort members put in. But if we were all to follow this logic then the gallery would be the only place we would post!

The gallery is what it is and we have a dedicated area for cover art. The knowledge base has gone down the pan as it slowly fills with opinion and debate which decreases its value and purpose, I'd hate to see the gallery go the same cluttered way.

It could be we have gone past losing material posted here, time will tell.

Thanks

I have no idea how to post the artwork on here. I'm really bad with this stuff. So if someone wants to explain it to me, ok.
    Last edited by uncle carmi; 07-03-17 at 09:52 PM.

Thanks

Click reply or reply to thread as if you are posting a comment. You must add some text per picture posted.
    Click Go Advanced
    Click Manage Attachments
    Click Add Files [top right]
    Click select files from new box
    Go to were you have the attachment(s) stored. Desktop? Select each image you wish to add to that post.
    Click upload file(s). when done, they will appear along the bottom of the page.
    Click Done [bottom right]
    Click Submit Reply
    Attached Images Attached Images