Thread: Maui 1970 2nd Show

Thanks

Maui 1970 2nd Show

I've been looking for a picture from the late show from Maui Hendrix did, where he played the Flying V. If anyone has a decent quality pic with him and his flying V, it would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking everywhere. Preferably in color as I'm doing it for my album artwork. If anyone can help me out it would mean a lot. Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Maui 1970 2nd Show

I'm having some issues with the preview feature but hopefully the pictures are showing up for you?

1970-07-30_24-maui-usa.jpg1970-07-30_33-maui-usa.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Voodoo Kush For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Kush View Post
    I'm having some issues with the preview feature but hopefully the pictures are showing up for you?

1970-07-30_24-maui-usa.jpg1970-07-30_33-maui-usa.jpg
    Perfect, thank you. This will do just fine it's got pretty good resolution. Best I've seen so far.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 732 Posts

Here's one I haven't seen before:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/394135404868077972/

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have subsequently found various pics with the Flying V. The only issue is the picture quality isn't always the best. Some are great shots, however. If anybody knows how to clean these up, let me know and I'll send them to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 732 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uncle carmi View Post
    I have subsequently found various pics with the Flying V. The only issue is the picture quality isn't always the best. Some are great shots, however. If anybody knows how to clean these up, let me know and I'll send them to you.
    That's because all the 'V' photos are just screen captures from the Dolly Dagger video...
    I don't think there was a photographer around for the 2nd show(or so it seems)
    that's why I posted the one I found above...it appears to be from an actual photograph.
    ---
    best thing you can do is load up the DD video(thru VLC) then when you see an image you like,
    go frame by frame until you find the 'clearest' frame..hit the print capture key(in VLC) and you have it...from there if you want you could load it in a photo editor and adjust what you want...but the thing is the best quality you are ging to find is DVD(720x480 for NTSC, and 720x576 for PAL)
    or load an actual Rainbow Bride DVD...maybe Mike Parkers Maui DVD...at the end there is some 'V' footage after DD....Hendrix is playing the intro to 'Hey Baby',
    Here's the DD footage made from the Maui Outtakes DVD
    dd-vj.mpg(468.4 MB)
    https://mega.nz/#!fYFVXA6T!XEfmdjCmv...DKGYSgEEYxeKlo
    Last edited by J.Lucas; 08-01-17 at 07:04 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,107 Times in 359 Posts

11. The Following User Says Thank You to johanincr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lucas View Post
    That's because all the 'V' photos are just screen captures from the Dolly Dagger video...
    I don't think there was a photographer around for the 2nd show(or so it seems)
    that's why I posted the one I found above...it appears to be from an actual photograph.
    ---
    best thing you can do is load up the DD video(thru VLC) then when you see an image you like,
    go frame by frame until you find the 'clearest' frame..hit the print capture key(in VLC) and you have it...from there if you want you could load it in a photo editor and adjust what you want...but the thing is the best quality you are ging to find is DVD(720x480 for NTSC, and 720x576 for PAL)
    or load an actual Rainbow Bride DVD...maybe Mike Parkers Maui DVD...at the end there is some 'V' footage after DD....Hendrix is playing the intro to 'Hey Baby',
    Here's the DD footage made from the Maui Outtakes DVD
    dd-vj.mpg(468.4 MB)
    https://mega.nz/#!fYFVXA6T!XEfmdjCmv...DKGYSgEEYxeKlo
    I'll definitely download this and take a look through it. I appreciate all the help and support on this stuff. I'm going to take my time with the Maui shows. I still have other shows I'm in the process of working on. So if you don't see any new material, don't think I've stopped. I've just been on a furious pace. I tend to get into things and really focus on them until they are done. But I don't want to rush any of these shows I'm working on. There are plenty of great shots from Maui and even a few half decent 2nd show shots. But I'm going to take my time. The rest of the shows I am still working on are shows with very little to work with as far as photos go. So it will take a little time and creativity. I'm just glad that a lot of members seem to really enjoy them and are putting them to use. I also may revise a few album covers I already made, as I've found better pics or have better ideas for them.

Thanks

Can anyone out there enhance this pic? If so it would be a great help. If not no big deal. I just think it's a nice pic for album art.
    Attached Images Attached Images