Thread: Can't log on, 'database error'

Thanks
    Thanked 4,744 Times in 2,022 Posts

Can't log on, 'database error'

Hi seems like problem with site. When I try to log on with my desk top I get 'database error'?
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Re: Can't log on, 'database error'

I have the same problem except when using a browser which saved my password

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kees1954 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No help, but thanks anyway
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    Hi seems like problem with site. When I try to log on with my desk top I get 'database error'?
    I had that message a few days ago... figure it's the site because I didn't change anything and after a day or two it goes back to normal.
    Why you could connect on one PC and not another is strange....or the site merely cleared it up in between....this site can be on one minute and gone the next.
    trackers are working one day, the next they aren't....the trackers were down a few days ago also tho' I could connect to the site.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks jl I was getting that problem too. But this is different. I cleared my browsing data, as I do from time to time, but this time I can't log back on to CTT. I can only get access on my cell/mobile phone.

Thanks

Thanks jl I was getting that problem too. But this is different. I cleared my browsing data, as I do from time to time, but this time I can't log back on to CTT. I can only get access on my cell/mobile phone.
    Just guessing but maybe because you are already logged in(phone) it's interfering with the other log in,...that is I'm assuming it's the exact same login name...
    it may be possible to just log out on the phone and then log in on the PC....but then I wouldn't want you to loose all connect to the site...you may be not able to log in again thru the phone...
    it's strange...that's for sure, but then a I've learned that anything is possible for this site.
    --
    it also may be possible to put back your browser data if you didn't permanently delete it...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't think browsing data can be retrieved, but there is something wrong with the site. I recommend you don't wipe yours in case.

Thanks

I don't think browsing data can be retrieved, but there is something wrong with the site. I recommend you don't wipe yours in case.
    I wipe my browser cache all the time...I just don't let it delete the cookies and passwords

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 851 Posts

Good advice. I deleted cookies and passwords and all history on the phone and I get that database error message!

But I still get the site and updates on the phone without logging in. Try and log in? Error message, go figure!
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

I wouldn't care if it was my phone. It's my desktop. How about some nice person repairing the site? I delete all my stuff regularly and it has never affected any site I use including this one, until the site broke down. Basically that's me and anyone else this happens to is off the site as a contributor. I've now been relegated to an observer.

Thanks

I was just able to get to the site as of this post...the site was down from yesterday(Sun)
    this time I just got the browser time out....not even the database error

Thanks

Yeah i know. Its been crashing quite regular lately. Tech dudes must be on holiday/pissed off, or something?
    I am not a texter.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 851 Posts

The site has not crashed "regular lately", though it was down for a few hours yesterday [sunday] / today.

I still can't log in on my phone having used that means to attempt to see if the issues where affecting a broader circle of members and / or devices.

The tracker remains off line right now.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

It's my experience that it has been down several times 'lately' ie over the last month, or so, far more often than I remember previous to that. Mostly as a 'database error' but sometimes, as it was yesterday, just unavailable. I'm not being judgemental in any way, merely observing this. And it seemed to me that this may be related to the log in database error that you, me and kees1954 are experiencing?
    I have no idea what, 'the tracker is down' means?
    I am not a computer tech, I just know when i cannot access the site because it is not working.

Thanks

I have no idea what, 'the tracker is down' means?
    I am not a computer tech, I just know when i cannot access the site because it is not working.
    He means that we can't seed download a torrent from this site...
    my Utorrent reports trackers are down also(as of this post)...tho' the site is back up and running.
    The trackers being down is more frequent than the site being completely down....the database error seems(to me) just to have been going on the last week or so....on and off.
    This is the reason I started using Mega as a backup for people to download what I upload here.
    The trackers being down is just too unpredictable.

Thanks

Thanks for the enlightenment jl. But the tracker thing is not causing me problems, just being unable to acces the site itself, because it was unavailable which wasn't that a big deal to me - until i couldn't even log in anymore .

Thanks

The view counter on the knowledge base is also broken

Thanks
    Thanked 3,597 Times in 969 Posts

Finally able to log in today. No database error message. Hope site is working for others.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,189 Times in 202 Posts

yeah it should be good now.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawkfan369 For This Useful Post: