Thread: 69-09-23 VALLEYS OF NEPTUNE (22)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,622 Times in 2,466 Posts

69-09-23 VALLEYS OF NEPTUNE (22)

Okay, try from there, try from there.
    One, two, three, four…
    This is the slow part…
    Try from there.
    One, two, three, four...
    We’re in E, E the D then F sharp…
    One more time. One, two, three, four...
    No, you do it two times quick in a row.
    One more time. One, two, three, four...
    Then you come in right into that. Yeah?
    And again: One, two, three, (Oh!) Yeah...
    Na don’t do it, don’t, do-do it so much then, not that deng, deng, deng, no then you just cut off of the track when I’m singin’. No you don’t do that yet, we’ll run through this you know, or even do it two times, just go...
    Then we’ll do the F when you follow the intro…

… I fee-eel the ocean swayin’ me
    Washin’ away all of my pain-uh
    See where I-I used to be wounded
    Remember the scar
    Now you can’t feel a thing
    And I don’t feel no pai-ain

Singin’ about the val…

…Yeah, you have to play that part, you know…You’re messing up timing though…Yeah…

VALLEYS OF NEPTUNE1 (22)

Lord, I fee-eel the ocean swayin’ me
    Washin’ away all my pain-uh
    See where I-I used to be wounded a-ha-ha
    Remember the scar
    Now you can’t see a thi-ing
    And I don’t feel no pain no, no

Hey, singin’ about the valleys of sunrise
    Green and blue-ue canyons too
    I’m singin’ about Atlantis’ love song
    Valleys of Neptune is risin’, risin’, risin’-uh

Mercury, liquid emerald, shinin’
    They’re showin’ me where I came from, baby
    Honey Sun, turquoise be-ed he lays in
    On the burning edged horizon

I’m sailin’ on a bluebird’s mission
    Bubbles and curls and tiptoes in the fo-oam
    See the wind make love to all the ocean
    Tidal wave spread and the message got home
    And the message got ho-ome, hey, yeah

I’m singin’ about Atlantis love song
    Keep the Moon ships fly-yin’, fly-yin’
    Singin’ about the valleys of our Moon
    Valleys of Neptune is risin’, risin’
    Valleys of Neptune is risin’, risin’
    Valleys of Neptune is

Rise on, baby, rise on, o-on
    Woo-oo, hoo-oo-oo, ri-i-ise...ri-ise, baby, darlin’
    Ri-i-i-ise...ri-i-ise2

Look out East Coast your gonna have a neighbour
    Rebirth la-and home of the praying sand
    And we know there were three continents so much older
    And they shall rise and tell us much more the truth of man

I see visions of sleepin’ peaks eruptin’3
    Releasin’ all hell that will shake the earth from end to end
    And this ain’t good news, bad news, or any news
    Lord! It’s just the truth, better save your soul while you can

(...oh you have) You don’t have to follow everything, you know I can follow...

1Jimi’s frequent mention of water/sea in his lyrics is interesting, as at this time the ‘dawning’ of the ‘Age of Aquarius’ was a major theme “on the scene”.This song appears to be a continuation of 1983. . . A Merman I Should Turn To Be’ (ie a Part 2). He again mentions ‘surgery’ (‘our machine has done it’s “work” well, (without a scratch on our bodies) - ‘the scar’ ie the ‘work’ (“now you can’t see a thing & I don’t feel no pain”) that enables them to live under water.
    Now the ‘Age of Aquarius’ has arrived and Atlantis is arising again (‘Look out East Coast [USA] you’re gonna have a neighbour’) from “the valleys of Neptune” (ie the sea bed) and who knows, maybe caused by the Axis of The World tilting off balance, as Jimi talked about his “Bold As Love” LP title (non too seriously).
    Atlantis’ rising will not come without pain, it’s going to be catastrophic, causing a tsunami (“tidal wave”) followed by volcanic erruptions all over The World. The ‘Moon ships’ appear to be from an idea that ancient civilisations (possibly under an “Ebony Queen” [Nubian Dynasty?]) had been more advanced as they were actually from another planet! and had been to The Moon, even leaving signs that they had been there [eg Erich Von Daniken type stuff (Chariots of the Gods, 1968)]. Of course this song (& Erich’s book) was written at the time Kennedy’s 1961 program to land men on The Moon ‘before the end of the 1960’s’ the USA was nearing lift off.
    And Jimi did like reading esoteric twaddle! (as did many on ‘the scene’ at the time (still very popular!), how many take any of it ‘seriously’ though? – for most it’s just like astrology, not taken too seriously, mostly a diversion, or another entertaining form of “science fiction” – did Jimi? - we don’t know? unlikely).
    2This line was removed from the Valleys Of Neptune composite.
    3Imagery from the Book of the Hopi creation myth." End of Tokpela the First World: “Taiowa (the Creator) commanded Sotuknang to destroy the World. Sotuknang destroyed it by fire because the Fire Clan had been it’s leaders. He rained down fire upon it. He opened up the volcanoes. Fire came from above and below and all around until the earth, the waters, the air, all was one element, fire, and there was nothing left except the people safe inside the womb of the Earth [ie the ‘chosen ones’].
    See ‘If 6 Was 9’: “And I come back to find the stars misplaced, and the smell of a world that has burned.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,278 Times in 693 Posts

Re: 69-09-23 VALLEYS OF NEPTUNE (22)

A possible source may be Edgar Cayce"s (1877-1945) prophecies of the rise of Atlantis before the coast of Florida heralded in by volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and tsunamis, after which a peace of thousand years begins. Hendrix probably read them, unless of course you want to believe that Hendrix had the same clairvoyant visions :-)))

https://www.near-death.com/paranorma...rophecies.html