Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seriously...what else is left??

Thanks

Re: Seriously...what else is left??

Re live material the Jan 1969 Nagra recordings made by the film crew are a supermassive black hole in the live archive. Unheard pro recordings of the JHE at its peak.

Also worth mentioning is the Faye Tape. The bits we have hint that it is a deeply personal, heart felt performance.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The "crickets" tape with Taj Mahal.

Thanks

Alternate vocal version of BOTML. Hopefully that and other ELL outtakes will be coming later this year.

Thanks

saw this posted in another thread: https://uproxx.com/music/eddie-krame...es-of-the-sky/

You talk about this material being unfinished, and youíve obviously worked on a lot of Hendrix released through the years, whatís left in the vault at this point?

Yes, very good question. Thereís probably no more studio stuff. Maybe bits and pieces, but not enough for an album. I think what we do have, quite a lot of, is amazing live performances. Plus the footage for some of them on wonderful 16mm film that was shot in sync that has yet to be released. Probably over the next few years weíll get to that. You know, if somebody has some multi-tracks or some other tapes that we donít know about, let us know! As far as I can see though, this is it in terms of studio material.

Iím a huge fan of live recordings and when it comes to Jimi, I know that the 1969 Royal Albert Hall performances are still waiting in the wings. Iíd love to hear those someday.

I like the way you said ďin the wings.Ē Itís pretty much what itís doing, sitting there with wings on, ready to take off.

Thanks

He must mean "album" in a commercial sense, because the material we want to hear is considered Dagger (mostly instrumental) material. Otherwise... How come a composite/edit of Machine Gun wasn't on People Hell & Angels? Doesn't that perfectly fit the theme of the album title?

I expect they'll exhaust the live albums they've listed in the past (Maui, Newport) and return to the Dagger and Audiophile re-releases in between concerts (Live at Georges Club Part II, and some sort of 1969-1970 Studio compilation hopefully)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Kush View Post
    He must mean "album" in a commercial sense, because the material we want to hear is considered Dagger
    I think so too, well I hope so anyway. I listen to the Dagger studio releases in preference to the three new studio albums generally. The weird thing is that some of the new studio album tracks aren't as good as whats on Dagger, eg Jungle on BSOTS, Villanova Junction of PHA

I just can't see them not releasing for example the June 24 1970 26min medley that's often mentioned here. Dagger is seemingly the only avenue for this to be released now. But the last Dagger studio material was years ago, so EH were perhaps unsure of where the studio material was going. Maybe now the path is clear again. I hope so!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pukaha For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    This Little Boy (home recording)
    -unheard original, not part of Black Gold
    Hi Chris,

This would be part of the 4 track home recordings tapes that went missing after Jimi's death I presume? If so have these been rediscovered? UH mentions several other songs Jimi listed in an album shortlist including Locomotion, Electric Lady - Slow that might have been on these home recordings. We have Belly Button Window. I hadn't heard of This Little Boy being in possession of EH or anyone.

Thanks for the list of tracks. Certainly made me go back to UH and review. Some tantalising things in your list! I hope a slight hope that the supposed upcoming expanded ELL release will utilise Tax Free as a start!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,970 Times in 1,537 Posts

WE ARE $80.00 SHORT OF CTT'S 2018 FUNDRAISING GOAL. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR FELLOW CTT MEMBERS AND URGE THEM TO DONATE TO KEEP THE SITE UP AND RUNNING. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE DONATED!

DONATE TO CROSSTOWN TORRENTS 2018 OPERATING COSTS HERE https://www.gofundme.com/2018-ctt-operating-costs

Thanks

New interview with Kramer and Mcdermott: https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/2...ott-interview/

Rock Cellar: I think whatís interesting to me is that this is by no means scraping the bottom of the barrel. But now that youíre here, how do you see the future? Youíve set a very high bar.

John McDermott: Well, itís not like we have to go forward. Iíve said it before, but, you know, Jimiís catalog does what it does, and everybody gets excited about it, they love it, and thatís great, and we share that passion, because we love his music.

But I have played many things to Eddie, and heís said, ďJohn, itís cool, but I donít think itís something we want to release.Ē And itís always good to get that reaction. So what I think makes us different is that, for all of my research, I wasnít there. Eddie was there. And he sets the bar. So just because I find something exciting, that doesnít necessarily mean it has to translate into something that has comes out into the marketplace.

With the Dagger label, thatís for the super hardcore fan, if thereís something that we really like. But weíre not under any pressure from the Hendrix family, or from Sony, or from anybody to do it. But weíre excited about these recordings. We feel theyíre great. Like when we found the Miami festival film and sound, or Atlanta, we had to share that with people.

Eddie Kramer: So wait till whatever the next release is going to be and letís talk. Because itís probably going to be a live release, because we have significant amount of live stuff and Iíve actually mixed some of it; some of it filmed, too. Thereís so much a great live footage, but whether itís synced up or not is another story. But thatís the next iteration of whatís going to happen.

And along the way we might find something else!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to purplehazechild For This Useful Post: