Thread: Electric Ladyland Super Deluxe & Maui Video releases confirmed by Janie Hendrix

Thanks

Electric Ladyland Super Deluxe & Maui Video releases confirmed by Janie Hendrix

Janie confirmed the following:

Mannish Boy w Trash Man (RSD April Release)
    Electric Ladyland 50th Anniversary Super Deluxe (This year, and Likely October 16th, 2018)
    "Revamped" Rainbow Bridge Documentary and show footage (this year or 2019)

Her discussion of this can be heard at the end of the interview she just gave on this page:

http://21stcenturyradio.com/audioarc...018/index.html

Good to hear of what's coming, but I'm still shocked that they didn't release super deluxe editions of AYE or ABAL last year. And from the looks at it, her failure to release that additional material that would have ended up on those bonus discs may have cost her the copyright of the material to the public domain. I thought she might decide to release the super deluxe editions of those two albums this year, to coincide with a "51st Anniversary" release, but it appears that is not the case. Seems like she may have screwed the pooch in more ways than one. I would say this is one of the biggest "oopsie's" Experience Hendrix has made to day.

Looking forward to Maui and the EL Super Deluxe though!

Chris Elliott
    I own every CD release Experience Hendrix has ever put out including singles, boxed sets, special editions, live performances, and Dagger releases. I love making my own contextual mixes such as First Rays mixes based on Jimi's hand written track-lists, and the one I'm currently working on, a compilation of all of the material Jimi and Stephen Stills put together.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,640 Times in 794 Posts

Re: Electric Ladyland Super Deluxe & Maui Video releases confirmed by Janie Hendrix

03_18_18JanieHendrix_21stCenturyRadio.mp3(10.9 MB)

https://mega.nz/#!iQ9QnJTC!0IdQ1VTuV...mafnm44N6KjYdc

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Electric Ladyland Super Deluxe & Maui Video releases confirmed by Janie Hendrix

Interesting news about Maui ! Oooh, let the speculation begin! How much footage do they have? Which drum tracks? Have they found the tomb of King Blllleuurrrh?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 371 Posts

Not in a place I can listen right now. No more studio after BSOTS per Eddie LOL. By super Deluxe does
    She mean with outtakes or something else? Also
    In effect
    Delixe AYE and Axis(w/out outtakes) are being released in Aug on SACD already by Acoustic sounds. If Maui slips to 2019 the. Taht we be 2 years behind what she first said. Either way it will still probably come out before RAH.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    Not in a place I can listen right now. No more studio after BSOTS per Eddie LOL. By super Deluxe does
    She mean with outtakes or something else?
    She specifically stated that it would contain "outtakes, new photos, etc.". We'll have to see what she means specifically by "Super Deluxe". I hope this doesn't mean I have to re-buy the vinyl to get the rest of the goodies!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffhmason For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mccflo99 View Post
    Janie confirmed the following:

Mannish Boy w Trash Man (RSD April Release)
    Electric Ladyland 50th Anniversary Super Deluxe (This year, and Likely October 16th, 2018)
    "Revamped" Rainbow Bridge Documentary and show footage (this year or 2019)

Her discussion of this can be heard at the end of the interview she just gave on this page:

http://21stcenturyradio.com/audioarc...018/index.html

Good to hear of what's coming, but I'm still shocked that they didn't release super deluxe editions of AYE or ABAL last year. And from the looks at it, her failure to release that additional material that would have ended up on those bonus discs may have cost her the copyright of the material to the public domain. I thought she might decide to release the super deluxe editions of those two albums this year, to coincide with a "51st Anniversary" release, but it appears that is not the case. Seems like she may have screwed the pooch in more ways than one. I would say this is one of the biggest "oopsie's" Experience Hendrix has made to day.

Looking forward to Maui and the EL Super Deluxe though!

Chris Elliott

When she postulates though about the cover for Axis re: Cherokee Mist. AFAIK it was Track who made the cover designs up wasn't it? I mean to say that it was not Jimi's idea, just like the ELL cover was not his idea as we all know because we know what his idea was and they rejected it. Or perhaps more softly, they did not use it or entertain it or perhaps it was just too late it was near the deadline and they had to get it out the door blah blah woof woof. In other words -- hogwash. I would say ABAL cover is to get one up on the "Clapton is God" rumours that were going around LOL. And then she affirms her own Cherokee Indian blood, just like Jimi's, even though she is NOT a blood relation of his, and has totally different parents. Just cos her mum married his dad does not a bloodline heritage make.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vkd108 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Of course its only speculation by now...but any idea what will be on ELL?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beinkyl View Post
    Of course its only speculation by now...but any idea what will be on ELL?
    Worst case scenario - nothing new. The only "outtakes" will be things that have already been officially released like Douglas' "Voodoo Chile" pastiche and the alternate "AATW".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Roland Stone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,094 Times in 210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lucas View Post
    03_18_18JanieHendrix_21stCenturyRadio.mp3(10.9 MB)

https://mega.nz/#!iQ9QnJTC!0IdQ1VTuV...mafnm44N6KjYdc
    I liked the part where the host Bob (real name?) told about meeting Jimi and discussing the free mason symbols. Does anyone know more about this guy?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kees1954 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kees1954 View Post
    I liked the part where the host Bob (real name?) told about meeting Jimi and discussing the free mason symbols. Does anyone know more about this guy?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Richard_Hieronimus

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rubem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,603 Times in 2,463 Posts

Yawn, ho hum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,094 Times in 210 Posts

Wow, I like his art!!!!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kees1954 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

McDermott has a tendency to choose things we're already familiar with, so I'm thinking most of what was on the Lifelines boxset like the Rainy Day Shuffle jam, the "space painting" alt mix of 1983, alt takes of Voodoo Chile, Come On and even the aborted Voodoo Child (Slight Return) would be nice. It was a very fertile time of creativity for Jimi, so there's lots to choose from as far as live, studio and private recordings. Any new performance of Tax Free would be great too.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Voodoo Kush For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Great to hear the revamped Rainbow Bridge release is still happening. Excited to hear Billy was interviewed as I'm sure he'll have some great recollections of the Maui shows. I've got no doubt they will included all usable footage they have as they did for Monterey, Woodstock, Atlanta etc. The Maui shows are by far my favourites of Jimi's and I can't wait to hear what the final specs are for this release.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCoconut77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCoconut77 View Post
    Great to hear the revamped Rainbow Bridge release is still happening. Excited to hear Billy was interviewed as I'm sure he'll have some great recollections of the Maui shows. I've got no doubt they will included all usable footage they have as they did for Monterey, Woodstock, Atlanta etc. The Maui shows are by far my favourites of Jimi's and I can't wait to hear what the final specs are for this release.
    Me too!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Kush View Post
    McDermott has a tendency to choose things we're already familiar with, so I'm thinking most of what was on the Lifelines boxset like the Rainy Day Shuffle jam, the "space painting" alt mix of 1983, alt takes of Voodoo Chile, Come On and even the aborted Voodoo Child (Slight Return) would be nice. It was a very fertile time of creativity for Jimi, so there's lots to choose from as far as live, studio and private recordings. Any new performance of Tax Free would be great too.
    Why would you want "Tax Free" on an ELL boxset? No thanks. Just give me some good quality alternate takes of things that are hard to find even in collector's circles. Like good quality alternate takes of "House Burning Down" "Long Hot Summer Night" "Burning of the Midnight Lamp" and "Crosstown Traffic". What we don't need as much are alternate takes of "Gypsy Eyes" and "Come On Pt 2" . Most of us have already heard those. I also wouldn't mind hearing new mixes of the other tracks, similar to what George Martin did for "Sgt. Pepper". Some may consider that sacrilege, but I don''t.

Give me "1983" remixed for surround sound!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Roland Stone For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Stone View Post
    Why would you want "Tax Free" on an ELL boxset? No thanks. Just give me some good quality alternate takes of things that are hard to find even in collector's circles. Like good quality alternate takes of "House Burning Down" "Long Hot Summer Night" "Burning of the Midnight Lamp" and "Crosstown Traffic". What we don't need as much are alternate takes of "Gypsy Eyes" and "Come On Pt 2" . Most of us have already heard those. I also wouldn't mind hearing new mixes of the other tracks, similar to what George Martin did for "Sgt. Pepper". Some may consider that sacrilege, but I don''t.

Give me "1983" remixed for surround sound!
    "Why would you want alt takes of songs recorded around the time of the album sessions?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Stone View Post
    Why would you want "Tax Free" on an ELL boxset?
    How about because "Tax Free" was recorded during sessions that became the Electric Ladyland album, so why not?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffhmason For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Id like them to put the AATW rhythm track on the deluxe. And the full "backwards experiment". And have Bernie Grundman remaster the album.
    D'ya get me my cheezwiz, boy?