Thread: Electric Ladyland

Thanks

Electric Ladyland

Hello!

So lately i've been really into Electric Ladyland (the song) including the amazing instrumental outtake and the track from the voodoo blues 3 torrent found on here and man, I just have to say how the hell did he come up with that? It's just brilliant. I also realised how hard it would be to sing AND play guitar to this tune at the same time... does anybody know if he played this live?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 778 Posts

Re: Electric Ladyland

Quote Originally Posted by dizgizmo View Post
    Hello!

So lately i've been really into Electric Ladyland (the song) including the amazing instrumental outtake and the track from the voodoo blues 3 torrent found on here and man, I just have to say how the hell did he come up with that? It's just brilliant. I also realised how hard it would be to sing AND play guitar to this tune at the same time... does anybody know if he played this live?
    No...almost positive he never played it live...actually the only song from EL he did consistently play was Voodoo Child(slight return)...which he would use a a show closer...he did on occasion play All Along The Watchtower and even rarer Come On(part 1)...but those 2 aren't Hendrix songs to begin with.
    Vocals would have been overdubbed...it is an interesting song to play(guitar), but you need the out takes to really appreciate what's gong on due to all the over dubbs on EL.