Thread: The Banning of stplsd ...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,045 Times in 827 Posts

The Banning of stplsd ...

... is unfortunate and I hope that it is temporary (a 'probation' perhaps, akin to being sent to the 'time out' zone). Yes, I happened to be 'in the area' when the 'incident' occurred. However, the 'offending' exchange has been removed. Sadly, stplsd was well known to visit here after perhaps too much time at the pub and would throw a 'rant' here and there. Hell, some of the CTT veterans will recall very 'spirited' exchanges between him and me. Well, the 'golden age' (i.e. max. member activity/participation) of this site is long past with most of the core veterans no longer posting or even dropping in.

stplsd, though often a rude pain-in-the-a$$, is nonetheless a valuable Hendrix-knowledge source with helpful perspectives and can go toe-to-toe with the best of them. However, banning him at this point? Hey, the fire has been out for quite some time, why waste the water?

just my $0.02 - thread is now closed.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MourningStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: The Banning of stplsd ...

Got to agree with you. Anyone who's been around here long enough knows he's contentious, opiniated, often obnoxious. So what? It's not like I'm going to read anything he writes and get uptight about it. That's just him being him. And like you said, CTT ain't what it used to be, there's no sense in driving away another one of its oldtimers.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roland Stone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,641 Times in 794 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Stone View Post
    Got to agree with you. Anyone who's been around here long enough knows he's contentious, opiniated, often obnoxious. So what? It's not like I'm going to read anything he writes and get uptight about it. That's just him being him. And like you said, CTT ain't what it used to be, there's no sense in driving away another one of its oldtimers.
    He'll be back(stplsd)...this isn't the first time he's been banned

6. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 922 Posts

great to see such support for a fellow member on CTT. Maybe if / when stplsd returns he will keep this in mind.

Banning anyone for any period of time from CTT is not anyone's aim. None of us, well the few of us that have that ability, don't get up and log on to the site with the aim of looking to ban a member!!

Some members look to their own self presented importance and feel that they are the focus, the centre of the site. While there is no doubting the regular activity of some members that does not put them in a position to act like they do not need to abide to the site rules.

Continued and regular infractions have been highlighted to some member's, most are adult enough to understand there is nothing personal behind this contact, some others feel they can simply continue to act in an immature manner.

The fact that some members are indeed "contentious, opiniated, often obnoxious" is well know but again, that is not reason to continually step outside of the CTT rules. In this instance, the member had been warned both publicly and privately [that's in private btw, something members don't get to see so those commenting here are not in full receipt of what exactly has gone on] but the member has continued with the attitude towards others who's goal is to help keep the site running and if that means keeping ego's in check so be it. So no wasted water here!

"
    Well, the 'golden age' (i.e. max. member activity/participation) of this site is long past with most of the core veterans no longer posting or even dropping in" …………………………. Why is that? I know who drove a number of members away down the years, I have the e mails to show it! But it's not simply members who don't visit as often and "managing" some members is getting too time consuming. I for one am long past logging in to simply check on stplsd or any other individual's conduct on the site.

Now the thread is closed to further comment.

Thanks, FF.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 922 Posts

Opps! Forgot to comment on this ...................... "
    there's no sense in driving away another one of its oldtimers".

No one is driving anyone away, other than himself that is. "Oldtimers" is a great phrase, he's been around long enough to know the site rules, he's clearly old enough to understand his actions too.

the fact is, he only has himself to "blame" for the ban.

"That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan