Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    496
    Thanked 3,706 Times in 307 Posts

    1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty [FD Cleanup]

    Lineage FLAC (CTT)> FD Cleanup - speed correction, hum removal, minor noise reduction, eq > FLAC

    01 - Intro/Stone Free

    02 - Mocking Bird

    03 - Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

    Notes: The tape was running a semitone fast (in roughly concert pitch) - have corrected speed and tidied up.

    I apologise for not torrenting this - but I can't really torrent at present.

    I also did 1969-07-10 Tonight Show a while back - not sure I ever shared it here. I already had it uploaded elsewhere, but thought I'd post the link as well.
    Didn't include checksum for Tonight Show but all FLAC lineage...

    It Must Be Dusty - https://mega.nz/#!Q0slXKbJ!fMUXD0LLX...zwkVOmzbH2iPyo
    Tonight Show - https://mega.nz/#!sl8hyY6A!vpjYYoh7Y...8G-rNgWWzhQ8tI



    Original Notes from Olvator

    JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE
    IT MUST BE DUSTY!, BOREHAMWOOD, HERTFORDSHIRE, UK 1968-06-05 FM


    Lineage: TV broadcast recorded on reel to reel > reel(?) > cassette > wav > flac
    I am not sure, whether the cassette I have was made from the original reel or from a copy of that reel. This recording is hence 1st or 2nd gen.

    There probably is another reel in the lineage between the ămaster" reel and the cassette i have.


    Tracks:

    01. Intro / Stone Free
    02. Mocking Bird
    03. Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

    Several versions of this broadcast are circulating among collectors. Whenever I heard other sources, I thought it is strange how they all sound very muffled and actually not really good. I received this cassette in a trade with C.G. in 1995, and I believe it is the best I have heard so far. I can only compare it to the other version found on the ATM discs, to which my copy is a huge upgrade. There must certainly be other sources around, it would be nice to compare it those. This tape is not sourced from any other bootleg release. I have once circulated this tape years ago on Furthurnet as mp3«s (yes, I AM SORRY!!! I did not know better), this is the first time it is circulated in a lossless version. Enjoy this piece of history. Great performance...


    brought to you by olvator 12/2007


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,487
    Thanks
    3,013
    Thanked 2,117 Times in 911 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Anyone able to get these to wetransfer?
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    496
    Thanked 3,706 Times in 307 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    We can't edit posts anymore? I just get a blank box? Anyway, the Tonight Show is also running a semitone fast. Here is speed corrected version. Anyway, you be the judge. If you want to know what the edit is - I made a composite with from the two versions. The whole thing is also included...
    https://mega.nz/#!040AxIIS!iDxdcdK8p...A-60fl9NYkLblc

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to funkydrummer For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany, near Hamburg
    Posts
    761
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 232 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post
    Anyone able to get these to wetransfer?

    https://we.tl/t-Oi4uSUUyF8

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to okla70homa For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,487
    Thanks
    3,013
    Thanked 2,117 Times in 911 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Quote Originally Posted by funkydrummer View Post
    We can't edit posts anymore? I just get a blank box? Anyway, the Tonight Show is also running a semitone fast. Here is speed corrected version. Anyway, you be the judge. If you want to know what the edit is - I made a composite with from the two versions. The whole thing is also included...
    https://mega.nz/#!040AxIIS!iDxdcdK8p...A-60fl9NYkLblc
    Yeah, sometimes I get the same and its bloody frustrating!

    Thanks for reposting even though mega is impossible for me!!
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,988
    Thanks
    1,070
    Thanked 460 Times in 214 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Thank you!!!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharpstat For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    wales uk
    Posts
    492
    Thanks
    310
    Thanked 122 Times in 60 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Well Done, Funkydrummer, superb upgrade as usual. So how about the find of the century, and finding the show complete!!!

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    251
    Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Sounds Great FD !!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to jimijames For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    496
    Thanked 3,706 Times in 307 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post
    Yeah, sometimes I get the same and its bloody frustrating!

    Thanks for reposting even though mega is impossible for me!!
    FF - I am sorry about that...Does your ISP block it?

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    496
    Thanked 3,706 Times in 307 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Quote Originally Posted by paul387 View Post
    Well Done, Funkydrummer, superb upgrade as usual. So how about the find of the century, and finding the show complete!!!
    Yeah - well it has been said that there is a copy of the tape as part of the Dusty Springfield estate - don't know if that is true or not? Such a pity we don't have this performance in its entirety...

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,487
    Thanks
    3,013
    Thanked 2,117 Times in 911 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Quote Originally Posted by funkydrummer View Post
    FF - I am sorry about that...Does your ISP block it?
    No problem FD, just frustrating!!

    Mega and having a torrent client are a couple of things I am living without right now for various reasons!
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Thanks for this

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to amazonplay For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    wales uk
    Posts
    492
    Thanks
    310
    Thanked 122 Times in 60 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Quote Originally Posted by funkydrummer View Post
    Yeah - well it has been said that there is a copy of the tape as part of the Dusty Springfield estate - don't know if that is true or not? Such a pity we don't have this performance in its entirety...
    I hadn't heard that, who owns the estate? and more to the point, why still keep it under wraps after all these years, does my head in!!

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    496
    Thanked 3,706 Times in 307 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Quote Originally Posted by paul387 View Post
    I hadn't heard that, who owns the estate? and more to the point, why still keep it under wraps after all these years, does my head in!!
    I remember reading that somewhere, someone said that sections of this was broadcast on a Dusty doco or something but really tiny so people wouldn't copy it. Unless they were getting it mixed up with 8mm? I don't know. It would be easy to debunk this. I don't think it exists beyond the 8mm segments...

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    947
    Thanks
    890
    Thanked 42 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Quote Originally Posted by funkydrummer View Post
    I remember reading that somewhere, someone said that sections of this was broadcast on a Dusty doco or something but really tiny so people wouldn't copy it. Unless they were getting it mixed up with 8mm? I don't know. It would be easy to debunk this. I don't think it exists beyond the 8mm segments...
    I've watched at least one (fairly) recent Dusty Springfield documentary here in the UK (and it's been repeated at least once) - had the same 8mm footage that we are all familiar with.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cragtopper For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    496
    Thanked 3,706 Times in 307 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Quote Originally Posted by cragtopper View Post
    I've watched at least one (fairly) recent Dusty Springfield documentary here in the UK (and it's been repeated at least once) - had the same 8mm footage that we are all familiar with.
    Yeah, I thought so - I think someone got their wires crossed.

  23. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    713
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 50 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Really great, FD, that's sharpened the sound up. I love this, Jimi's version of Mockingbird, wish it was longer... he gives The Cake a run for their money:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSgW89YVyk

    Best to skip to 0:55 to avoid the jerk presenters jerking off LOL

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to vkd108 For This Useful Post:


  25. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 524 Times in 59 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Sorry to put this off-topic note here...
    Funkydrummer, wondering if I might get access to your blog.
    Your CTT mailbox is full so haven't been able to reach you that way.
    Cheers!
    David

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to dajchance For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    496
    Thanked 3,706 Times in 307 Posts

    Re: 1968-06-05 It Must Be Dusty and 1969-07-10 Tonight Show [FD Cleanups]

    Quote Originally Posted by dajchance View Post
    Sorry to put this off-topic note here...
    Funkydrummer, wondering if I might get access to your blog.
    Your CTT mailbox is full so haven't been able to reach you that way.
    Cheers!
    David
    Hi David - thanks for letting me know! I will sort out my inbox and respond.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBitty (VBTT) 4 for XBT v1.1 CUSTOM by Toolmanwill