Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Jimi Hendrix’s ‘Electric Ladyland’ Gets Massive Reissue for 50th Anniversary

Thanks
    Thanked 2,703 Times in 813 Posts

Re: Jimi Hendrix’s ‘Electric Ladyland’ Gets Massive Reissue for 50th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by vkd108 View Post
    Yeah, its there alright, but all you get is a quick "Heh" when the full thing is "Hey up". You don't get that if you listen carefully, its been clipped off too soon.
    Just compared the original '68(Purple Chick stereo) to the CD 2018..
    the big difference is that the 2018 runs a bit slower and the 'Hey Up' is mainly on the one channel...whereas the '68 is both channels
    looking at the .wav in Reaper the only pattern difference is there is an additional 'peak' in the '68 version.
    if that's what your referring to than yeah it's different but both words are there...the ending isn't clipped off too soon...it fades abruptly tho'
    --
    BB-compare.jpg

what version are you listening to?
    --
    There's a DVD version that I D/L last night....has 2018 2.0 and 5.1...no mono
    also has the Lady Madonna/Revolution/Hey Jude promo video on it as a bonus section
    I thought that the one thing they missed on the Bluray...since they have all 3 songs on the 'extras' disk
    and HJ/Rev were both recorded and the videos made during the 'white' sessions

2. The Following User Says Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Jimi Hendrix’s ‘Electric Ladyland’ Gets Massive Reissue for 50th Anniversary

Anyway, what the ELL 5.1 mix did to "Gypsy Eyes" is much worse than one clipped word on "Bungalow Bill".

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Roland Stone For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lucas View Post
    Just compared the original '68(Purple Chick stereo) to the CD 2018..
    the big difference is that the 2018 runs a bit slower and the 'Hey Up' is mainly on the one channel...whereas the '68 is both channels
    looking at the .wav in Reaper the only pattern difference is there is an additional 'peak' in the '68 version.
    if that's what your referring to than yeah it's different but both words are there...the ending isn't clipped off too soon...it fades abruptly tho'
    --
    BB-compare.jpg

what version are you listening to?
    --
    There's a DVD version that I D/L last night....has 2018 2.0 and 5.1...no mono
    also has the Lady Madonna/Revolution/Hey Jude promo video on it as a bonus section
    I thought that the one thing they missed on the Bluray...since they have all 3 songs on the 'extras' disk
    and HJ/Rev were both recorded and the videos made during the 'white' sessions
    Thanks. Yeah, I just installed Reaper and put the 2 versions I have in there, the 2018 and another (sorry, can't tell you the date of it) and it shows exactly the same as you have, all in the left channel on the 2018 and stereo on the other. It must be something with VLC Media Player that I use, cos even the data being clarified as existing and audible when played in Reaper, the exact same 2018 flac file played in VLC Player clips the last bit off. Never noticed it do anything like that before, its a one-off anomaly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vkd108 For This Useful Post: