Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Jimi Hendrix’s ‘Electric Ladyland’ Gets Massive Reissue for 50th Anniversary

Thanks

Re: Jimi Hendrix’s ‘Electric Ladyland’ Gets Massive Reissue for 50th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Stone View Post
    Also there's no live concert footage in the new package, just the "Making of" movie with some added interviews.
    The expanded version of The Making Of... (originally an episode from the first series of Classic Albums) has been available since 2008. When converted to .mkv (for use on Plex/Infuse), the version in the box set is exactly the same size as the 2008 DVD version.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ron The Bear For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Jimi Hendrix’s ‘Electric Ladyland’ Gets Massive Reissue for 50th Anniversary

Finally got around to listening to the entire "Outtakes" disc. The runthrough of "1983" is pretty nice, is that Noel on bass? I thought Jimi played bass on the album. The "Long Hot Summer Night" runthroughs are also pretty nice. And the "Rainy Day" jams seem like more and better quality than what I'd heard before.

Thanks

If you mean the early run through of "1983" with drums, then it's not Noel, but Stephen Stills on bass.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffhmason For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Is the "band version" of 1983 with wah wah guitar included on the set?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaywho View Post
    Is the "band version" of 1983 with wah wah guitar included on the set?
    Yes, it´s "Angel Caterina".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    Yes, it´s "Angel Caterina".
    Thanks for the info. Is it complete? Every version I've heard fades out. I was really hoping this version would be released with better sound quality.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 217 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaywho View Post
    Thanks for the info. Is it complete? Every version I've heard fades out. I was really hoping this version would be released with better sound quality.
    It is