Thread: Happy Birthday - Version

Thanks

Cool Happy Birthday - Version

Hi all,

First at all, sorry to bother you, but I have a doubt about a song called "Happy Birthday", this song was sang with Curtis Knight:

https://www.discogs.com/Jimi-Hendrix...elease/4964471

And it was used the sample for Beastie Boys "Jimmy James" song.

My questions is... I can't find it anywhere in CD format, I have the The Authentic PPX Studio Recordings, and at the Disc 2 - Flashing, "happy birthday" is there, but is not the version that you can hear in the sample, or at the link sent it before at discogs.

If it will be very helpful if someone knows at with boot or official release (that I doubt this), could be find it?

Thank you in advance!
    Pablo.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hood For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Happy Birthday - Version

Hi, I can confirm the song you are after is on 'Summer of Love Sessions' I have the cd and it sounds just like the beastie boys sample

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dizgizmo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There are several versions/variations of this song:

(1) Happy Birthday (official extended edit vocal version, stereo) Curtis Knight
    Official Release: De Exportacion: An Hi Fi Rare Batch of Jimi Hendrix; Flashing [Capitol]; Get That Feeling [London]; In Memoriam; In The Beginning [Karussell/Polydor]; Jimi Hendrix & Curtis Knight [London (Spain)]; Jimi Hendrix & Curtis Knight [London/Teldec (West Germany)]; Jimi Hendrix In New-York; The Legendary Jimi Hendrix: Flashing; That Special Sound

Happy Birthday (official wider stereo mix of (1)) Curtis Knight
    Official Release: 16 Greatest Classics; Early Classics; Flashing [1986, Special Music Company, cassette]; Hendrix In The Beginning [ShowBizz]; Historic Hendrix; The Psychedelic Voodoo Child

Happy Birthday (official narrower stereo mix of (1)) Curtis Knight
    Official Release: The Ballad Of Jimi [Nardem]; My Best Friend [Time Wind]; The Wild One [Hallmark, Summit]

Happy Birthday (official alternate mix of (1), stereo) Curtis Knight
    Official Release: In The Beginning [Metronome]

(6) Happy Birthday (official extended edit vocal version, mono) Curtis Knight
    Official Release: Flashing [London (mono)]; An Hi Fi Rare Batch of Jimi Hendrix [Diresa]

(2) Happy Birthday (official alternate mix of (1), stereo) Curtis Knight
    Official Release: Kassette: My Best Friend; My Best Friend [Astan]; Star Box: The Legend Of Jimi Hendrix [Astan]

(4) Happy Birthday (official extended edit of (1), stereo) Curtis Knight
    Official Release: The Authentic PPX Studio Recordings Vol. 2: Flashing; The Complete PPX Studio Recordings; Feed-Back [WHEI]; Summer Of Love Sessions

(7) Happy Birthday (official longer extended edit of (1), stereo) Curtis Knight
    Official Release: Soul [Telefunken]

(5) Happy Birthday (official composite edit of (3) and (1), stereo) Curtis Knight
    Official Release: Flashing [Jugodisk, Powderworks]; The Legendary Jimi Hendrix; Strange Things [Showcase]

Happy Birthday (official mono mix of (5)) Curtis Knight
    Official Release: The Wild One [Mercury]

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dajchance For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Question... why it was not never released in any of the box set until now? It is a power and excellent song!!

Thanks

So where do we get all of those collected versions of Happy Birthday?