Thread: The Modern Listeners Guide: Jimi Hendrix

Thanks
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 933 Posts

The Modern Listeners Guide: Jimi Hendrix

https://www.modernlistenerpublishing.com/

Folk may know Frank from here :-)
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 933 Posts

Re: The Modern Listeners Guide: Jimi Hendrix

Within the pages of Modern Listener Guide: Jimi Hendrix, the fascinating life of one of the greatest guitarists, composers, and writers in the history of popular music is framed with in-depth analysis of his music and the creativity it demanded. This illuminating book comprises over 150,000 words spanning 260 pages. Its large 8.5 x 11-inch format is illustrated with more than 180 images, most in full color, ranging from unpublished photographs to historical documentation.

"That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

Thanks for helping pass the word, amigo! Here's some additional info, and please do stop by the website for free sample material and much more about the project - cheers!

“There are some guys who continue to write out of a true passion for real rock music, and Frank Moriarty is one of this select bunch.”
    • Brian May, founding guitarist, QUEEN

Acclaimed author and musician Frank Moriarty brings to life the world of Jimi Hendrix in his new book “Modern Listener Guide: Jimi Hendrix,” with a foreword by Derek Trucks and an afterword by John McLaughlin.

With informed commentary and spirited critical perspective, Moriarty expertly leads the way through the studio sessions, live concert recordings, and myriad album and box set releases that comprise the imposing legacy of one of the world’s great guitarists and musical personalities.

Exhaustively researched and fully illuminating in both detail and critical analysis, “Modern Listener Guide: Jimi Hendrix” comprises over 150,000 words spanning 260 pages with more than 180 images, most in full color, ranging from unpublished photographs to historical documentation.

By balancing a colorful, up-to-date and historically accurate portrait of Jimi's life and career interspersed with insightful commentary on dozens of significant releases that stand as cornerstones of his creativity, “Modern Listener Guide: Jimi Hendrix” will be invaluable to readers just discovering Hendrix, and will also appeal to those already familiar with Jimi's compelling music and unforgettable life.

Please visit www.ModernListenerPublishing.com for more information, free sample material from the book, and special limited time savings of 20% off the print edition and 10% off eBook editions…

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frank3si For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My in-laws always insist on getting me something for Christmas, but never know what to get. I put your book on the list Frank, I hope they bite !