Thread: Kralingen / Isle Of Wight Lp questions

Thanks

Kralingen / Isle Of Wight Lp questions

Question: Is the Hendrix portion of Kralingen / Isle Of Wight an audience recording? If so, is it the same recording used for Jimi Hendrix Isle of Wight Vols 1 and 2? Also, on the latter albums, is one version considered superior? One has a color cover, the other paper inserts with "J H". Thanks for any answers!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 231 Posts

Re: Kralingen / Isle Of Wight Lp questions

Quote Originally Posted by Mark7 View Post
    Question: Is the Hendrix portion of Kralingen / Isle Of Wight an audience recording? If so, is it the same recording used for Jimi Hendrix Isle of Wight Vols 1 and 2? Also, on the latter albums, is one version considered superior? One has a color cover, the other paper inserts with "J H". Thanks for any answers!
    I have both bootlegs and to my ears it sounds like the same audience recordings were used for both.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kees1954 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Kralingen / Isle Of Wight Lp questions

Quote Originally Posted by kees1954 View Post
    I have both bootlegs and to my ears it sounds like the same audience recordings were used for both.
    Thanks Kees! I knew you would be the one to answer ;-) How about the Vols 1 and 2, is one version "color cover" better than the other "paper insert" cover? Or are they same manufacturer, just with different covers? Thanks!