Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New track from Honolulu International Center Arena 1 August 1970 - Foxy Lady!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 468 Posts

Re: New track from Honolulu International Center Arena 1 August 1970 - Foxy Lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    Sorry lots of spelling errors and typos I posted from my phone and now I can't seem to edit the post. Hopefully the meaning gets through despite the typos.
    So I listened to the youtube sourced complete Red House 3 more times to make sure I wasn’t crazy and i still come to the same conclusion about the flute. I also listened to the incomplete Red House as well and the “flute” is barely audible to not at all on that source

Can anyone else confirm what I am hearing on the complete Red House? Or confirm that my belief that what sounds like a flute is actually something different like echoes from the hall sounding like a flute at times or bleedthrough?

Thanks

Re: New track from Honolulu International Center Arena 1 August 1970 - Foxy Lady!

When first published here, the torrent had a liner note passage by johanincr that states;

"The original recording had a 'echo from the future' in the left channel,

since the recording itself appears to be mono this channel was dropped in the edit version."

This effect is common on aging tapes that have been in adverse climates such as humidity or heat (Hawaii).

On FunkyDrummer's "Honolulu New Transfer Raw and Cleanup" he included the original and the right channel mix for reference.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 468 Posts

Thanks but still not sure if it answers my question. And btw I am listing bleedthrough and echo as being possibilities at this point I dont think that is what the “flute” is unless someone can convince me otherwise.

I now listened to the Funky Drummer cleanup as well on youtube which I dont think I listened to before. (I am assuming that what FF posted was raw). On the Funky Drummer cleanup you hear the “flute” after Jimi stops playing at the end of the song. So surely that is not “an echo from the future” since Jimi is no longer even playing. Man I wish we had a pristine source crom this show!

Thanks

I think the flute is feedback.