Thread: Woodstock & Band Of Gypsys - Goldmine Magazine 2000

Thanks
    Thanked 9,381 Times in 2,343 Posts

Woodstock & Band Of Gypsys - Goldmine Magazine 2000

LINK - https://www.goldminemag.com/features...band-of-gypsys

For his part, Juma disliked Mitch, saying he was “drunk most of the time” and “didn’t know the concepts that Jimi was moving to.”

Eddie also felt Jimi was being taken advantage of by studios who were overcharging him. “He was spending upwards of $250,000-$300,000 a year on the bloody studios, which was a lot of money in those days,” he says.

But Jimi and Eddie got right to work on the live album. “I knew it was going to be brilliant, absolutely,” says Kramer. “Jimi and I just went through all the shows, and he cherry-picked the songs he wanted for the album. He was happy to a point, except for some of Buddy’s extraneous jamming.” Jimi had been irritated by Buddy’s extended “vamping,” and told Kramer, “Oh man, I wish Buddy would shut the f**k up. Can we cut some of those parts out?”

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 599 Posts

Re: Woodstock & Band Of Gypsys - Goldmine Magazine 2000

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieRadio View Post
    LINK - https://www.goldminemag.com/features...band-of-gypsys

For his part, Juma disliked Mitch, saying he was “drunk most of the time” and “didn’t know the concepts that Jimi was moving to.”

Eddie also felt Jimi was being taken advantage of by studios who were overcharging him. “He was spending upwards of $250,000-$300,000 a year on the bloody studios, which was a lot of money in those days,” he says.

But Jimi and Eddie got right to work on the live album. “I knew it was going to be brilliant, absolutely,” says Kramer. “Jimi and I just went through all the shows, and he cherry-picked the songs he wanted for the album. He was happy to a point, except for some of Buddy’s extraneous jamming.” Jimi had been irritated by Buddy’s extended “vamping,” and told Kramer, “Oh man, I wish Buddy would shut the f**k up. Can we cut some of those parts out?”
    Juma is big-mouthed, but he was a freeloader, a musical neophyte.