Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Albert Hall EH release

Thanks

Re: Albert Hall EH release

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieRadio View Post
    "The film was nearing completion in 2006 and its 'final mix' was scheduled for October of that year. But in September the Sunday Times published the edition carrying 10 tracks from that concert on its 'covermount' CD."

So the film and audio were 95 percent finished, and EH and Goldstein held up release of it for the last FOUR YEARS so they could SHAKE DOWN a newspaper for a couple million dollars ?
    KD: Yes, next question.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieRadio View Post
    "The film was nearing completion in 2006 and its 'final mix' was scheduled for October of that year. But in September the Sunday Times published the edition carrying 10 tracks from that concert on its 'covermount' CD."

So the film and audio were 95 percent finished, and EH and Goldstein held up release of it for the last FOUR YEARS so they could SHAKE DOWN a newspaper for a couple million dollars.

SICK!

They didn't want to release it DURING the court case because, after it made $100 million, their argument that they had been "financially harmed" wouldn't hold up and ruin there chance for a nice fat settlement.

EH and Goldstein are totally consumed with greed!
    In real terms they got a pocket full of change, not worth the delay was it?

Thanks

More Power to The British Courts, Occasionally They Get It Spot On, ( No reference to any other Thread... Please )

Thanks

Maybe 2011?

I have only watched clips on Youtube rather than ever trying to optain a bootleg...because, I keep thinking it is coming out at anytime...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpstat View Post
    We are still being duped! This title should have been relaeased a year ago? Notice how everytime the supposed release is going to happen there is never a date associated with it? I still blame Goldstein for holding it up. IMHO, he's always been the problem since he made the project happen.

KD: Well, he owns it. He has every right to negotiate a fair
    and equitable deal for his work. You may want to revisit some
    of the earlier threads on this.

The last years of delay in this release have everything to do
    with the ongoing litigation against the London Newspaper that
    gave away the audio CDs as a cover mount to their Sunday edition.
    EH and Goldstein were co-plaintiffs in that round of litigation.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 528 Posts

I don't really care anymore about the Albert Hall audio. OK, would be nice to get some tracks in better fidelity, but we have a soundboard of this already, and very probably EH will destroy the sound in the mastering anyway. The DVD is something else; if they include some shots of the post-concert jam, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,778 Times in 1,007 Posts

Copyright Expiration When Copyright Protection Becomes Public Domain

Copyrights protect works of authorship, such as writings, music, and works of art that have been tangibly expressed.
    Currently, works no longer have to be published to be protected and no longer require a copyright notice.
    For older copyrights, to be "published" or publication meant the distribution of copies or phonorecords of a work (of authorship) to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending. The offering to distribute copies or phonorecords to a group of persons for purposes of further distribution, public performance, or public display constitutes publication. A public performance or display of a work did not of itself constitute publication.
    <h3>When Copyright Protection Becomes Public Domain</h3>The data below will let you know when you can safely use a piece of art or music without permission because it is now in public domain after copyright protection expiration, or how long the copyright protection will last.
    • Published before 1923 - now in public domain
    • Published from 1923 to 1963 - When published with a copyright notice © or "Copyright [dates] by [author/owner]" - copyright protection lasts 28 years and could be renewed for an additional 67 years for a total of 95 years. If not renewed, now in public domain.
    • Published from 1923 to 1963 - When published with no notice - now in public domain
    • Published from 1964 to 1977 - When published with notice - copyright protection lasts 28 years for first term; automatic extension of 67 years for second term for a total of 95 years.
    • Created before 1/1/1978 but not published - copyright notice is irrelevant - copyright protection lasts for the life of author and 70 years or 12/31/2002, whichever is greater
    • Created before 1/1/1978 and published between 1/1/1978 and 12/31/2002 - notice is irrelevant - copyright protecion lasts the life of author and 70 years or 12/31/2047, whichever is greater
    • Created 1/1/1978 or after - When work is fixed in tangible medium of expression - notice is irrelevant - copyright protecion lasts for the life of author and 70 years based on the the longest living author if jointly created or if work of corporate authorship, works for hire, or anonymous and pseudonymous works, the shorter of 95 years from publication, or 120 years from creation.

Thanks

Robbie, Cut to the Chase, What does it mean? What point are you Making? This is Me Maybe I`m a Bit Dense, Help me out here
    Last edited by manfree; 10-09-10 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks

My interpetation is in the year 2057(I'll be dead by then) you can have free reign at all of Jimi's copyrighted material! I remember in 1990 when all of a sudden there was a sudden prolific supply from Italy of all of the bootleg stuff being released.Copyright control was reintroduced and they disappeared again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 554 Posts

I remember in 1990 when all of a sudden there was a sudden prolific supply from Italy of all of the bootleg stuff being released.
    Fun days.

Thanks

I'd rather have something like Randall's Island or Miami Pop. I'm happy with the soundboard of RAH. I'd love to see some first show stuff though.

Thanks

My interpetation is in the year 2057 you can have free reign at all of Jimi's copyrighted material!
    Hmm! I`ll be 106.....I Wonder If I`ll be Hmmmmm....I wonder if I should open a Record Store.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 642 Posts

i alway's kick myself in the ass, in the 90's i had a chance to get 3 songs SBD. from the 2/18 show but passed on it, to get something else, i hope the 18th show will be included in the pkg. as a bonus disk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof57 View Post
    i alway's kick myself in the ass, in the 90's i had a chance to get 3 songs SBD. from the 2/18 show but passed on it, to get something else, i hope the 18th show will be included in the pkg. as a bonus disk
    Anyone we know who had this material Charles?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 642 Posts

Yes< bob terry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 554 Posts

Janie Hendrix: "Out of about 110 minutes of film, thereís 40 minutes of great concert footage shot at Londonís Royal Albert Hall."

Source : http://www.jambands.com/features/201...nie-hendrix/?4

(Thanks to Ayler for the link).

Thanks

So, we are likely to get a documentary with some concert footage interspersed between these "reality" bits?

At least there will be a soundtrack cd, no?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtown View Post
    So, we are likely to get a documentary with some concert footage interspersed between these "reality" bits?

At least there will be a soundtrack cd, no?
    Hell knows. I've given up thinking about the official release for this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morelmusic View Post
    Sadly, the 18th was quite dark. Only one spot light on Jimi from what the film shows. It's said that this is why the house lights were on for the 24th. Still, one particular source who was very fortunate to pre-screen a sample assured me that the sound and film quality was absolutely flawless.
    Any footage from the 18th is a major holy grail for me. It's uneven but there are some thrilling moments from Jimi. Spanish Castle Magic is one of the best versions ever. I also want to see the look on Jimi's face when Mitch screws up at the start of Hear My Train.

Any idea how much of Berlin was filmed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morelmusic View Post
    Sadly, the 18th was quite dark. Only one spot light on Jimi from what the film shows. It's said that this is why the house lights were on for the 24th. Still, one particular source who was very fortunate to pre-screen a sample assured me that the sound and film quality was absolutely flawless.
    Probabaly the same "source" that's quoted in univibes?It was stated that the film looked very good. I also read the sparklies and beach stuff wasn't included in the finished print?I hate all of this teasing!