Thread: Members with a URL link

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

Members with a URL link

Hi Folks,

So we can bring you the best possible experience here at CTT it has been decided that a review be made of members with a URL (WWW) link. In fact it has started. Members who add nothing to this site other than a “spam” link are being weeded out. This does not mean all members with a WWW link will be banned, just those who link in SPAM and contribute nothing to this site. I am thinking of contacting members with SPAM links who contribute very little, say with just one or two posts, with a request for the URL to be removed. This site is not for anyone’s personal gain, i.e. Advertising product and or company. So to those who fall into this category please review either your input here or the self removal of the URL. It could be I will not make the effort to contact you and will just simply ban the user, permanently.

To anyone who has already been banned. Great care has been taken prior to the ban but errors can and will be made. If you think you have been banned unfairly please feel free to contact the owner who I’m sure will consider your request for the ban to be lifted.

Our aim is to make your experience here at CTT a safer and as more of enjoyable one as possible.

Peace and love (as my old mate Ringo says ) and to you spammers, well you need to get a life and if you are paid to spam get a life and a real job you mothers
    Last edited by Fenders Fingers; 02-01-11 at 09:28 AM.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Members with a URL link

Just a quick update for you all.

I'm back on the task but taking a different approach. Unlike before when I checked each URL before I banned I am now just banning all URL's that look like spam. That and the length of time reg'd here at CTT without any posts is good enough for me. It'll save me a lot of time and grief.
    So if you are a member with a URL in your details and don't want automatic banning applied then you best start posting.

Thanks

Clear out complete.
    If any members spot a URL link at any time that you want checking out by all means post here or PM a Mod. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 642 Posts

i think it's a good idea, after all let em pay for their own advertising, and promote the sharing of Jimi in here!

Thanks

Just checking a home page link (via the community listings) of a well know member and it's showing as what I regard as spam.
    Of course I won't be banning said member as I know he is not here in a negaative manner.
    Thing is it appears that the home page link has lapsed and shows the following message
    "This domain is parked, pending renewal, or has expired.
    Please contact the domain provider with questions
    ".

So before I sweep through the members list again can I ask you, if you have a home page link to check it and either remove it if it's lapsed or update / renew.
    You can't then moan about being banned for a spam link. Plus I would hate to ban someone in error.
    Ta very much, peace and love and all that good shit to you all :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

^
    why not just ban the links altogether? There is a provision on every member's profile page for it and, if it's that critical, the member can just request people to visit their profile page. Bam! easy as pie.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

It's no big deal for members to sort any links they have here, really is down to them.
    I have better things to do than this.
    You know how much time was spent banning spammers from the members list then more work elsewhere?
    So again, down to each and every member with a home page link or face being banned sometime soon :-)
    Now that's easy as pie lol