Thread: Isle of Wight ....Blue Wild Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 Times in 485 Posts

Isle of Wight ....Blue Wild Angel

Shown:Uruguay back cover,UK,Mexico,Japan w/unique reversed cover,back cover for Israeli issue and German w/song titles.Norway release on bottom has title in white text

All releases on Polydor Records worldwide.

Released by Polydor Records in November 1971 but only reaching # 17 in it's 2 weeks on the UK album charts.

Note: cover states it's playable in mono/stereo on Israel and Uruguay pressings

Not released in US.

All songs recorded at Isle of Wight Festival on August 30,1970.

The Polydor pressing for Spain reportedly has "Freedom" omitted, but it does appear on Uruguay version

bottom: a rare set of test pressings for the MCA 2002 triple album Blue Wild Angel aka Isle of Wight
    Last edited by billo528; 04-24-16 at 02:02 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to billo528 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Isle of Wight ....Blue Wild Angel

Attachment 8631

Later UK pressing SPELP 71. (Specially priced).

Thanks

Attachment 8635Attachment 8632Attachment 8634Attachment 8633

Douglas 1991 Expanded (7 unreleased tracks from original IOW) Polydor release. Front cover, Back Cover, CD and insert. Lots of edits on this one. Sound is pretty good.

Thanks

Attachment 8639Attachment 8638Attachment 8641Attachment 8640Attachment 8637Attachment 8636

2002 EH MCA CD release. (2 CD edition) Eh also released a highlights edition which seems to be easier to find. Front Cover, CDs, CD with foldover, picture with CDs removed, front cover of booklet, back cover of booklet.

Billed as the complete show finally although Hey Baby is inexplicably edited. Comes with a 23 page booklet. Very loud EH MCA CD. If you crank this one the very definition of CD listener fatigue will set in before you finish listening to the complete show. (IMHO)

Thanks

The only concert of Jimi I find hard to watch and listen to. In From The Storm is awesome though, and watching Jimi behind the amps before the show starts is fascinating. I know many folks love this version of Machine Gun, but .......I just have so many mixed feeling about this one.

And what was Janie smoking? Jimi is dressed like he's on fire, so the cover is basically Red and black, and it's called Wild Blue Angel? Yeah Jimi said it to the MC, but even he had enough sense not to announce him that way. "ladies and gentlemen, Wild Blue Angel!" and then out walks Jimi dressed in red! Are people at EH afraid to tell Janie an idea stinks?
    'The very fact you oppose this makes me think I'm onto something'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,997 Times in 855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by outasight View Post
    The only concert of Jimi I find hard to watch and listen to. In From The Storm is awesome though, and watching Jimi behind the amps before the show starts is fascinating. I know many folks love this version of Machine Gun, but .......I just have so many mixed feeling about this one.

And what was Janie smoking? Jimi is dressed like he's on fire, so the cover is basically Red and black, and it's called Wild Blue Angel? Yeah Jimi said it to the MC, but even he had enough sense not to announce him that way. "ladies and gentlemen, Wild Blue Angel!" and then out walks Jimi dressed in red! Are people at EH afraid to tell Janie an idea stinks?
    Outasight, as welcome as your comments are this is the Knowledge base. We kind of encourage more factual based posts here. What you say here may be more at home in an existing thread over at Third Stone or New Releases. Or you could start a new thread if you feel the need. Thanks.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

ooooooh! sorry about that!
    'The very fact you oppose this makes me think I'm onto something'

9. The Following User Says Thank You to outasight For This Useful Post: