View Poll Results: How do you believe Jimi died?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Official story (accident)

12 34.29%
  • Suicide

0 0%
  • Cry for help gone wrong

1 2.86%
  • Murdered by Jeffery

9 25.71%
  • Murdered by Monika Dannemann

4 11.43%
  • Accidentaly killed by pills GIVEN by Monika

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 31 12345678910111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you believe Jimi died?

Thanks

Question How do you believe Jimi died?

I know it's a bit of a morbid question but I wanted to know what all of us, hardcore hendrix fans, think of Jimi's death.

Some additional info as to why you believe what you believe would be nice too.

Edit: Could a mod add the "Other (explain below)" option to the poll? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 554 Posts

Re: How do you believe Jimi died?

On no, not again. There is a thread or two discussing this question and we await the upcoming book by Caesar Glebeek (September?) which promises to solve the case, so I can't bring myself to hit any of those buttons. He died from loneliness.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purple jim View Post
    On no, not again. There is a thread or two discussing this question and we await the upcoming book by Caesar Glebeek (September?) which promises to solve the case, so I can't bring myself to hit any of those buttons. He died from loneliness.

Loneliness is such a drag. In essence: He died from starfuckers and hanger-ons and businessmen. But this thread kind of exists in the Conspiracy forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purple jim View Post
    There is a thread asking CTT members their opinions about Jimi Hendrix's death?

I searched for one but couldn't find any. Please feel free to send me the link.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Your poll is far to simplistic and badly worded

The "official story" is not "accident" it's: "The official verdict" and that was "open" ie not proven if it was an accident, or suicide that he took so many tablets.
    Beneath that option you should insert the option "accident";-)

What do you mean by this bogus option: "accidentally killed by pills given to him by Monika?" that's very misleading vague. They were her pills, it's not disputed. Or do you mean he "accidentally died from pills given to him by Monika?" "She was negligent in some criminal way?, "It was her fault". Is leaving pills lying where he could help himself/keeping them in drawer/cupoard/ handing a packet or jar of downers to Jimi (an experienced drug taking 27 year-old) and letting him take "them" (how many?) = to "killing him" . Are you suggesting he took "them" without permission/ and/or that she didn't know he had taken "them"/ that he didn't know where she kept them until she told him/ that he asked for them and she indicated where they were/ he asked for them and she gave "them" to him and watched while he took "them" all/ that she saw him take one/a couple then went to sleep/ that she left the room came back and didn't notice how many he'd taken, or didn't even realise that he'd taken any, or was thinking of taking any/ that he asked for them and she gave him a packet at some point/ that she poured them out of a jar into his hand/ that she just happened to leave them lying where he could see them/that she fed them to him one by one/ that she force fed him/ that she put them in his food/drink - what????????????

You've also missed out several scenarios, that have been discussed umpteen times here:

He died due to Monika being incredibly stupid and/or stoned and not phoning the ambulance in time because she worried about the police finding drugs? and/or Jimi would get angry and/or and was trying to find a doctor's phone number (like they don't have a 999 equivalent in Germany? - 112)
    Murdered by the FBI
    Murdered by the Mafia
    Murdered by the FBI/Monika
    Murdered by the Mafia/Monika
    Murdered by the FBI/Mafia/Monika
    Murdered by the FBI/Jeffery/Monika
    Murdered by the Mafia/Jeffery/Monika
    Murdered by the FBI/Mafia/Monika/Jeffery
    Murdered by Jeffery & other accomplices
    Murdered by Jeffery/Monika & other accomplices
    Murdered by the CIA
    I'm sure there are more

How about 'aliens'
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-24-11 at 10:04 AM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

I'll pass
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    Your poll is far to simplistic and badly worded

The "official story" is not "accident" it's: "The official verdict" and that was "not proven" ie not proven if it was an accident, or suicide that he took so many tablets.
    Beneath that option you should insert the option "accident";-)

The official story is that he drank some wine, decided to go to bed, took some sleeping pills and then vomited in his sleep and chocked. That's what i meant by official story. The story that has become accepted as to what happened the night he died by almost everyone.

What do you mean by this bogus option: "accidentally killed by pills given to him by Monika?" that's very misleading vague.

I meant that Jimi asked for some sleeping pills because he had trouble sleeping and she gave him 9 thinking he could handle it because of his drug habits (she would have killed him because she GAVE him the pills even though there was no intent to MURDER)

(to kill:Verb: Cause the death of (a person, animal, or other living thing)

see also Criminally negligent manslaughter)
    Or do you mean he "accidentally died from pills given to him by Monika?" "She was negligent in some criminal way?, "It was her fault", They were her pills, it's not disputed.

Is leaving pills lying where he could help himself/keeping them in drawer/cupoard/ handing a packet or jar of downers to Jimi (an experienced drug taking 27 year-old) and letting him take "them" (how many?) = to "killing him" .That's not what i meant but even if it was, giving prescription pills to someone causing that said someone to die would classify as a Unlawful act manslaughter

Are you suggesting he took "them" without permission/ and/or that she didn't know he had taken "them"/ that he didn't know where she kept them until she told him/ that he asked for them and she indicated where they were/ he asked for them and she gave "them" to him and watched while he took "them" all/ that she saw him take one/a couple then went to sleep/ that she left the room came back and didn't notice how many he'd taken, or didn't even realise that he'd taken any, or was thinking of taking any/ that he asked for them and she gave him a packet at some point/ that she poured them out of a jar into his hand/ that she just happened to leave them lying where he could see them/that she fed them to him one by one/ that she force fed him/ that she put them in his food/drink - what????????????

You've also missed out several scenarios, that have been discussed umpteen times here:

He died due to Monika being incredibly stupid and/or stoned and not phoning the ambulance in time because she worried about the police finding drugs? and/or Jimi would get angry and/or and was trying to find a doctor's phone number (like they don't have a 999 equivalent in Germany? - 112)
    Murdered by the FBI
    Murdered by the Mafia
    Murdered by the FBI/Monika
    Murdered by the Mafia/Monika
    Murdered by the FBI/Mafia/Monika
    Murdered by the FBI/Jeffery/Monika
    Murdered by the Mafia/Jeffery/Monika
    Murdered by the FBI/Mafia/Monika/Jeffery
    Murdered by Jeffery & other accomplices
    Murdered by Jeffery/Monika & other accomplices
    Murdered by the CIA
    I'm sure there are more

I forgot to mention some of these and there's no edit function for polls. That's why i asked a mod in the op to add an "other" option so people can voice their opinion without having a 1000 choices poll.'
    Once again, stplsd, I like your post and your points but i absolutely hate your tone. Can you speak like a normal human being and drop the passive-aggressive tone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Purplz View Post
    Once again, stplsd, I like your post and your points but i absolutely hate your tone. Can you speak like a normal human being and drop the passive-aggressive tone?
    Sorry about the tone old chap, there is no intended tone, I'm only relatively recently aquainted with writing at any length, nevermind being au fait with internet phrasing etiquette (I'm quite old and never went to school much - pissed old fart baffled by new communication styles - grew up without computers, very late aquisition), that's maybe what some people construe as whatever, I'm not normal I'm afraid. It was always face to face in my day. ie It's wasn't just words, it's the physical nuances along with them, [ie that express 'tone'] we used to walk, a lot, almost everywhere, no/few cars/money for busses/trains;-), telephones were only occasionally used and mostly to talk to girlfriends in my teens, letters? never much into that unless girls again, but then I'd be with them anyway, so not much need. Travelling in exotic parts I would send the odd one home;-)

Still think you should have put in the coronor's "open verdict" option - my choice/vote. The wording is far too dodgy on the Monika bit, even your explanation doesn't make it too clear. If you meant "Monika gave him the 9 (or there-abouts - we don't know the exact number) tablets and by doing so was criminally negligent, to the point of being the direct agent that caused his death" (which is patent bulshit - okay - "IMHO" overly sensitive internetese people;-) it would have been better to have spelt it out rather than the far too ambiguous wording used - "I feel":-) And the "official" interpretation as you, and quite probably many others call it, is, "as I still think:-)", a misleading description, and should just be left as "accident", it's just what many conclude (hopefully most of those that don't accept the coroner's verdict, but who knows %, I don't think a CTT poll will decide, really) /or 'plump for' in preference to the alternative - suicide.

I'm fairly certain that if you put your poll up as a stand-alone on the net there would be a fairly large majority for murder (esp if you added 'by FBI/Jeffery' as a choice) - given the huge amount of garbage, sensationalist writing on Jimi's death and the apparently unquestioning acceptance by the average rock 'fan' and 'rock' commentator, judging by their responses, ie those that venture an opinion/ or misconcieved 'team/brand loyalty' "Jimi against 'them'"/ use of by conspiracy theorist pundits and their 'victims' (followers) - I do, of course, realise that 'conspiracy' has happened throughout most of human existence - born right in us.
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-23-11 at 08:10 AM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_fMI42M3vA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYdq0ABH3so
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y2_aDVWfJc
    says it all. a grave mistake. as all that understand the power of soul, it comes first through an idea and then through the word. the reality is manifested from these mechanisms.

Hendrix is not dead, his following is stronger now than it ever was when he was still around.

Thanks

We will never know why he took so many, quite probably it was the most common cause of overdose (barring suicide?), some alcohol, apparently not not a lot, but still possibly significant, a quite possibly advanced tolerance causing him to take a higher initial dose, which was already unsafe, coupled with forgetting he had taken them and fatally doubling/even trebling the dose. But then that would not have neccessarily proved fatal if discovered in time, ie Monika's waking at the time she did and calling an ambulance, at the time she did, excluding the more definite, fatal vomiting episode, would leave a much greater possibility of resucitation, ie survival.

That speculation is to of course exclude that Caesar has maybe come up with better testimony/evidence/interpretation of the existing thereof. We'll see.
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-24-11 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    Hendrix is not dead, his following is stronger now than it ever was when he was still around.
    He is gone but increasingly appreciated I would say. And not because of this pathetic conspiracy/murder shite, but because of the increased understanding and appreciation of his music, due partly to a hugely higher percentage of the population having taken 'psychoactive' drugs for recreation, but mostly due to those that love his music consistently promoting it over the generations, his only major fall away in credibility being the long, dark Douglas years , "I will sell my soul to the devil (Warner's corporation) and re-create Jimi's last studio recordings to suit the percieved market image of the average American 'rock' purchasing 'unit' (and make a fast buck)- ie numb, 'square', cocaine/speed/smack (if they took any), non psyche, 'sophisticated' - ie 'let's wear suits again', disco shite" (ie the 'yuppie' market) era which almost destroyed Jimi's 'legacy'/reputation/image/street cred/woteva, before Mr. D was kicked off his, looks like, and eventually released some of his hoards of relatively un-tampered wth live stuff, and the increasingly (after 'E' Hendrix was like involved/invoked, as a symbol, on clothes etc. but only rarely actually being in 'the mix' musicaly although snippets of Haze, Foxy, would be mixed in, then there was 'Voodoo Chile' (by 'Kiss The Sky') etc. I even heard one time a bit of EXP dialogue! musically sophisticated youth of succeeding generations therefore becoming more aware of it and finding much of it very enjoyable, often surprised that so much of it doesn't sound 'dated' (death) at all, in fact to many - still inspirational (obviously I'm talkin' bout his classics here, not the later 'fans only' stuff), unlike a lot of other music from that era does to them (Cream, Doors, Dead etc. esp the 'Douglas trilogy' and his last abysmal effort.
    Mind you I have to admit the Curtis Knight mix for Wimbledon last year just hit the spot! Never realised how closed my mind had become to the possibility,
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-23-11 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

129 views and only 2 votes, .... hmmmmm.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    129 views and only 2 votes, .... hmmmmm.

Yeah, i wish I could edit the poll.

I created this thread in a rush after waking up because I came up with the idea right before falling asleep so I thought i'd have forgotten it.

I just wanted to know the opinion of my fellow CTTers

Thanks

Very depressing for me to think about. I think he just took too many pills and slipped away.

And there is (seemingly) no way for me to edit in another choice.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolly Dagger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Purplz View Post
    Yeah, i wish I could edit the poll.
    What's to stop you?
    Not that I think many here would take part anyway? They've already 'voted' at u no where
    Or as MS suggested you could grab a beer etc. and wade your way through the ocean of conspiracy "debate" (Caesar's obviously thinking he will make a killing;-) at: http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...der-Experience
    and calculate the percentage in favour of whatever
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-24-11 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks

In your thread, stplsd, isn't there a quote from one of the doctors which says he most likely would have died anyway due to the amount of barbiturates in his system? Something about his heart not being able to handle that many?

Also: I buy the "official" story - essentially an accidental overdose of the pills. It seems fairly consistant with what my mother has told me about similar cases she's seen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trampledunderfoot View Post
    In your thread [...] I buy the "official" story - essentially an accidental overdose of the pills. It seems fairly consistant with what my mother has told me about similar cases she's seen.
    What thread?

ie not the official verdict, but the 'story' percieved to be a majority opinion by some.
    I take it your mother is/was a doctor/nurse/other health care provider?

An all to common occurrence hence the use of barbiturates being discontinued as a prescription once safer drugs became available

Thanks

ie not the official verdict, but the 'story' percieved to be a majority opinion by some. I take it your mother was a doctor/nurse?

An all to common occurence hence the use of barbiturates being discontinued once safer drugs became available
    What's the "official verdict," then? And yes, my mother is a nurse - like I've said in another thread, it's alarming how often (and easy) it is/was for people to overdose on such drugs.

Thanks

See above, the seldom used "open verdict" ie the Scottish verdict: "not proven", insufficient evidence as to say why he took so many tablets. ie not possible to declare accident, or suicide. The same verdict as Keith Moon. Moon was supposed to take no more than 3 Heminevrin (a sedative) a day, he had taken 32 when he died.
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-24-11 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 658 Posts

not possible to declare accident, or suicide.
    or who fed the pills.

just for completeness.