View Poll Results: How do you believe Jimi died?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Official story (accident)

12 34.29%
  • Suicide

0 0%
  • Cry for help gone wrong

1 2.86%
  • Murdered by Jeffery

9 25.71%
  • Murdered by Monika Dannemann

4 11.43%
  • Accidentaly killed by pills GIVEN by Monika

9 25.71%
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you believe Jimi died?

Thanks

Re: How do you believe Jimi died?

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    See above, the seldom used "open verdict" ie the Scottish verdict: "not proven", insufficient evidence as to say why he took so many tablets. ie not possible to declare accident, or suicide. The same as Keith Moon.
    Oh! Okay. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gesikang View Post
    or who fed the pills.

just for completeness.
    Lol. Has anyone ever blamed any diabolical entities?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

or who fed the pills.

just for completeness.
    What's your problem? No the verdict does not include that option, it means exactly what I said. If there had been any suspicion of another party being involved, he would have been obliged to bring in the CID.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 Times in 856 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    There are three things that jump out at me as big indicators of murder: (not to mention the 9 pills and wine after death)
    1) Jimi died around 5:30AM
    2) the ambulance was called after 11AM
    3) MD's statements changed every time she spoke

Supposedly the big delay on calling the ambulance was to allow time for certain people to clean up the place before the police arrived.

It's a damned hotel room. They had time to change the carpet and paint the joint. They didn't need nearly 6 hours to clean up.

The lack of police investigation also strikes me as strange, but that was after Jimi's death and had nothing to do directly with how he died.

It's weird...more possibilities than a kaleidoscope.
    Opinion and speculation. Your () is enough to support my comment.
    What fun we have here. Nothing new on the table so nothing to consider.
    I think it's a subject so close to all of us that it might be best left alone unless someone can bring something new and factual to the debate.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 Times in 856 Posts

Oh yeah, no vote from me, sorry.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

There are three things that jump out at me as big indicators of murder: (not to mention the 9 pills and wine after death)
    1) Jimi died around 5:30AM
    2) the ambulance was called after 11AM
    3) MD's statements changed every time she spoke

Supposedly the big delay on calling the ambulance was to allow time for certain people to clean up the place before the police arrived.

It's a damned hotel room. They had time to change the carpet and paint the joint. They didn't need nearly 6 hours to clean up.

The lack of police investigation also strikes me as strange, but that was after Jimi's death and had nothing to do directly with how he died.

It's weird...more possibilities than a kaleidoscope.
    I don't think it necessarily points to murder...perhaps some sort of negligence on Dannemann's part. It's hard to judge when almost everyone's statements change - save for a few of the professionals involved - everytime they're interviewed...

The wine thing seems weird to me, especially when only one person mentioned it, and he seems a disreputable character.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dino77 View Post
    Loneliness is such a drag. In essence: He died from starfuckers and hanger-ons and businessmen. But this thread kind of exists in the Conspiracy forum.
    KD: Interesting that some are now looking to CG to "solve the case". At the time of the publication
    of Electric Gypsy, the response from the Univibes camp on the inconsistencies in the reporting of Jimi's
    death as portrayed in the book were simply brushed off with a very patronizing "We would rather concentrate
    on the positive aspects of Jimi's life and work, blah blah blah ...... etc, etc." (paraphrasing here of course).

Time flies !

Thanks

intuitively my gut tells me Monika killed Jimi, directly(gave him extra pills then poured wine down his throat) or indirectly(gave him extra pills, Jimi got sick then went into panic and tried to cover). Its possible Jimi took the pills himself, we'll never know obviously. In a way based on the Moroccan incident and other truths Jimi held to be self evident related to his mortality, Jimi certainly had more of a Thanatos then Eros.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 658 Posts

What's your problem?
    inconsistency in your reasoning. As we are now all members of the CTT "PI squad" here and I believe we have to be open to and investigate all reasonable possibilities or scenarios (so that doesn't include extra-terrestrials, voodoo curses etc, sorry).

If somebody is lying at the bottom of the canyon, dead, we can say for sure it was an accident or it was suicide. But when we know there was also somebody else at the time of death, another logical possibility would be that this person tipped him over, on purpose or not. What the coroner eventually puts down in his report (open verdict) is another matter.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

What's your problem?
    inconsistency in your reasoning. ...
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

inconsistency in your reasoning. What the coroner eventually puts down in his report (open verdict) is another matter.
    There is no "inconsistency in my reasoning" as regards the meaning of the coroner's report in this case: "Westminster coroner Dr Gavin Thurston recorded an open verdict [...] He said the only indication of suicide was that Hendrix had taken an excessive number of tablets.
    'But I don't feel it would be safe to regard this on its own as evidence of deliberate inten­tion to take his own life' he said."
    Logic dictates then, that your problem with "inconsistency of reasoning" is with the autopsy, the police, and the coroner, as non of them felt they had seen or heard anything that implicated a second party being actively involved in his death. Monika's only involvement being that the tablets were prescribed to her and that she was in the flat, that she had rented.

I believe we have to be open to and investigate all reasonable possibilities or scenarios
    I suggest you check out 'the Jimi Hendrix Political Harassment, Kidnap and Murder Experience' thread then, there's no shortage of "possibilities or scenarios" there;-)http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...der-Experience
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-24-11 at 10:36 AM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Moon was Paul McCartney's guest at a film preview of The Buddy Holly Story and party on the evening of 6 September 1978 [where he most probably took some Clomethiazole (Heminevrin) pills, he may well have taken some earlier as well] and had a couple of glasses of champagne. At 4:30 am, Moon and his girlfriend, Annette Walter-Lax, returned to a flat on loan from Harry Nilsson, in Mayfair in which Cass Elliot had died (heart attack, blamed on her severe dieting/binging cycle) a little more than four years earlier. He took some more pills while watching the Vincent Price horror movie The Abominable Dr. Phibes, he went to sleep. Because he began to snore, Annette left the room to sleep on the couch. A few hours later, he woke up, took more pills washed down with a little champagne. He fell asleep again, he awoke again later that morning, Moon asked her to make breakfast, being uncommonly hungry as he had been the previous night. He ate and went back to sleep, dying sometime that day of an overdose. The autopsy revealed he had taken the equivalent of 32 Heminevrin pills. The medication was a sedative he had been prescribed to alleviate his alcohol withdrawal symptoms as he tried to dry out on his own at home; However, Clomethiazole is specifically contraindicated for unsupervised home detox because of its addictiveness, ie tendency to rapidly induce drug tolerance and dangerously high risk of death when mixed with alcohol [ie like barbs].

An open verdict was recorded, like Hendrix there was no suspicion that a second party may have been involved
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-24-11 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 658 Posts

interesting but I don't see an exact parallel with Hendrix's case except for the same verdict and an overdose. I am not familiar with Moon and his personal life, but it appears he was with his girl friend and the various stages of what happened that night are very well know.

In Hendrix's case by contrast, we have no clear time schedule what happened when that night, and MD was NOT his girlfriend, he was just hiding with her, and depending on how you interpret the poem A Wink of an Eye ("until we meet again") he dumped her that night, the poem which for curious reasons was taken away by Burdon and then resurfaced two days later. The entire scene was apparently swept clean from any evidence and nobody was there.

Taking the statement of a coronor as a starting point of one's reasoning and then make inferences from that premises on the possible cause of a death is a bit shaky. I would start the other way around: think of the possible scenarios that could have lead to such an outcome.

BTW I saw you now include "suicide" as a possibility (well, your interpretation of the coroners verdict), and I don't remember that having ever been an option. What did change your mind? Why would Hendrix have killed himself?

Thanks

interesting but I don't see an exact parallel
    I never claimed it was 'exact', but it is a 'parallel', a pretty freaking close scenario as to how someone may ''absentmindedly''/"recklessly" take too many pills, after a party, arriving back at someone else's flat at almost the same time, with a girlfriend, who claims she made him some food not long before he died.

BTW I saw you now include "suicide" as a possibility (well, your interpretation of the coroners verdict), and I don't remember that having ever been an option. What did change your mind? Why would Hendrix have killed himself?
    I haven't "now" included anything, it was always there, that's why it was an open verdict. My mind hasn't changed. It's not "my interpretation" of the coroner's verdict, it is the coroner's verdict (ie his "reasoning"). Read what he said, maybe you didn't see it, but I posted a report of it above, why not refer to it?

Taking the statement of a coronor as a starting point of one's reasoning and then make inferences from that premises on the possible cause of a death is a bit shaky.
    It's not the "starting point of my reasoning." I am pointing out that your attempt to make more of the coroner's verdict than is there, ie that he felt involvement of a 2nd party may have been a possibility does not fit.
    Whatever your or my point of view on how he died is a different matter

I would start the other way around: think of the possible scenarios that could have lead to such an outcome.
    Feel free, there's a thread devoted to it: 'the Jimi Hendrix Political Harassment, Kidnap and Murder Experience' http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...der-Experience
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-24-11 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks

And if he did, why would someone pour wine down his throat after he was dead? Suicide isn't an option, IMO.
    If you feel like finding out about/discussing the bogus "wine" story, and all the other rubbish surrounding his death, there's a thread devoted to it here: 'the Jimi Hendrix Political Harassment, Kidnap and Murder Experience' http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...der-Experience

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Purplz View Post
    I just wanted to know the opinion of my fellow CTTers
    you don't need a poll for that, just grab a beer or your favorite beverage, something to much on and indulge this thread :

The Jimi Hendrix Political Harassment Kidnap and Murder Experience

... be prepared for laughs, thrills and spills (yes, we had one or two who got a little too much excitement and had to have temporary time-outs)!

man, those were the days, ey Scott? Scott? (man, where IS that dude-I miss him)

haw haw!

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 528 Posts

I never claimed it was 'exact', but it is a 'parallel', a pretty freaking close scenario as to how someone may ''absentmindedly''/"recklessly" take too many pills, after a party, arriving back at someone else's flat at almost the same time, with a girlfriend, who claims she made him some food not long before he died.

[/URL]
    I see a strong parallell; maybe Jimi took some pills, thought "this shit don't work" and took some more pills later without knowing their strength.

Thanks

I see a strong parallell ...
    Me too, like Adam, those two Eve's did 'em in!

Thanks

That was the idea...to make it look/appear accidental.
    Not the place as already pointed out to you, there's a thread devoted to it that has hashed out all "your ideas" over & over already: 'the Jimi Hendrix Political Harassment, Kidnap and Murder Experience' http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...der-Experience

Thanks

I see a strong parallell; maybe Jimi took some pills, thought "this shit don't work" and took some more pills later without knowing their strength.
    You should know better;-) there's a thread devoted to it: 'the Jimi Hendrix Political Harassment, Kidnap and Murder Experience' http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...der-Experience

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    KD: Interesting that some are now looking to CG to "solve the case". At the time of the publication
    of Electric Gypsy, the response from the Univibes camp on the inconsistencies in the reporting of Jimi's
    death as portrayed in the book were simply brushed off with a very patronizing "We would rather concentrate
    on the positive aspects of Jimi's life and work, blah blah blah ...... etc, etc." (paraphrasing here of course).

Time flies !
    Well, more like the huge interest in the "debate" at CTT forced him to "finally" attempt to make the case clear as far he can (or make him think he could [probably] make some cash out of this?). It must be a f'in chore, though. What's 'patronizing' about his book? it is by far the best book ever written on Hendrix by a huge mark, and it was written 12 years ago, since then obviously more info has turned up, things have changed. Look at what was on offer prior? and since? okay a couple of 'since' books have added some detail/understanding - but really not much, most of it has come through Caesar's own Univibes and (from a [gratefully] well different stance) the most excellent Jimpress, anyway.