View Poll Results: How do you believe Jimi died?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Official story (accident)

12 34.29%
  • Suicide

0 0%
  • Cry for help gone wrong

1 2.86%
  • Murdered by Jeffery

9 25.71%
  • Murdered by Monika Dannemann

4 11.43%
  • Accidentaly killed by pills GIVEN by Monika

9 25.71%
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you believe Jimi died?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Re: How do you believe Jimi died?

Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    That was the idea...to make it look/appear accidental.
    Not the place as already pointed out to you, there's a thread devoted to it that has hashed out all "your ideas" over & over already: 'the Jimi Hendrix Political Harassment, Kidnap and Murder Experience' http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...der-Experience[/QUOTE]

Maybe the hospital figured they'd remain in the hospital business and let the media go uncorrected.
    It may come as a surprise to you, but many countries, including the UK, operate a state run 'healthcare for all' system, that is not a private "business" capital venture, only accessible to those with cash/exhorbitant private healthcare insurance - often not enough to cover serious care, which is the major cause of bankruptcy in the US.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

For those who are genuinely interested in this topic, I suggest reading Tony Brown's now out of print book "Hendrix: The Final Days".

http://www.amazon.com/Jimi-Hendrix-F...6267605&sr=1-1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danksquad View Post
    For those who are genuinely interested in this topic, I suggest reading Tony Brown's now out of print book "Hendrix: The Final Days".

http://www.amazon.com/Jimi-Hendrix-F...6267605&sr=1-1
    ^
    But bear in mind it's full of errors, dodgy interpretation, and lack of references, no index, or notes. But still by far the best (well, it's the only one, really:-) - we'll see how Caesar matches up;-)
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    Well, more like the huge interest in the "debate" at CTT forced him to "finally" attempt to make the case clear as far he can (or make him think he could [probably] make some cash out of this?). It must be a f'in chore, though. What's 'patronizing' about his book? it is by far the best book ever written on Hendrix by a huge mark, and it was written 12 years ago, since then obviously more info has turned up, things have changed. Look at what was on offer prior? and since? okay a couple of 'since' books have added some detail/understanding - but really not much, most of it has come through Caesar's own Univibes and (from a [gratefully] well different stance) the most excellent Jimpress, anyway.
    KD: Nothing is "patronizing" about the book - it's just inaccurate in places - especially the sad ending ! What was condescending and patronizing was their response to questions about their mis-interpretation of Jimi's death in the book. Actually, it wasn't written 12 years ago either, more like 20 ! Making it pretty much out of date by this point.

The book was mostly written by Harry Shapiro too - with CG supplying the archival material and detail
    (along with a very uncredited and pissed off Tony Brown too BTW). Having recently been in touch with Harry Shapiro he told me he has no interest or time to update Electric Gypsy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    I'll pass
    I'll Pass Too

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

I figured it out.

Jimi was so far ahead of his time that he died of old age at 27.

Not intended in poor taste...the Man himself might even get a chuckle out of it.
    actually :

Scientists just mapped Hendrix's genetic print and discovered that he is a 7,000 year-old extraterrestrial being, made out of lightning and the "corpse" that was purported to be that of Hendrix was a manifested shell that he left behind on a whim - because his work was done on this planet.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    it's just inaccurate in places - especially the sad ending ! What was condescending and patronizing was their response to questions about their mis-interpretation of Jimi's death in the book.
    And what is "their 'mis-interpretation' of Jimi's death in the book"?

Making it pretty much out of date by this point.
    For sure, but nobody's written an updated bio yet. Well, one that's any use that is.

Thanks

Without going into any specifics, I believe that ultimately 3 factors contributed to the untimely loss of Jimi Hendrix:

1. Fame
    2. Greed
    3. A lifestyle of excess (drugs, women, and touring)

While these factors seem to have been present in Jimi's life from the start of his days with the Experience, their negative effect on his health and well being seemed to multiply with each passing day from 1966-1970, creating a "quickening" effect which lead him directly to the events that transpired on the morning of September 18th, 1970.

Thanks

How old was Monika at the time? Practically just a child still. I think Jimi took the stuff that he did, then choked while sleeping and intoxicated. She had no clue what to do and worried about him being angry with getting any press, thought he was superhuman, and unwittingly allowed him to choke to death. Also perhaps pouring wine into him in an effort to wake him. Unfortunate.
    This is what I truly believe. It was an accident. Bottom line though, if he didn't do any drugs or alcohol, he would still be alive today.

PS. I know someone will say that this should be in the murder political thread, but after reading all the above comments, I can't resist commenting myself.

Thanks

[QUOTE=stplsd;53375]And what is "their 'mis-interpretation' of Jimi's death in the book"?

QUOTE]

KD: Quoting Monika's fairy tale of what went down, of course. Read the book !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by breathe View Post
    ... Bottom line though, if he didn't do any drugs or alcohol, he would still be alive today. ...
    well, at least the odds would have been vastly greater - good point.

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

Simply because you don't want to be blamed for his death either accidental or intentional. Think like a young 20 something year old girl trying to be independent, not much to draw on as far as life experience. There's a thread for this already!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 658 Posts

I think about Hendrix.

If an ambulance was called in time, if he had slept on his side, if he was rolled over, if . . .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gesikang View Post
    I think about Hendrix.

If an ambulance was called in time, if he had slept on his side, if he was rolled over, if . . .
    . . . if he'd never used drugs or alcohol ...

Thanks

Lmao, is this subject up for discussion again?! Anyone curious could read through the already existing thread and tire him/herself to sleep reading it. In any case, there's a lot of "if he only" mentioned here, but his death was just a matter of time as he clearly lived on the edge - and he had at least two close encounters of a similar death earlier, but at those times he was lucky enough to have chicks around with sharper tools in their sheds than the scary skater from hell (who gave Jimi the kiss of death) and could prevent a premature death.

He blessed us with four intense years of music, and what happened happened. I understand the curiosity, but as someone usually says here at the forum, move on folks, nothing here to see. Listen to his beautiful, intriguing, and mindblowing music and try to expand your minds and way of thinking. Don't waste your energies on things we don't entirely know or can not change anyways...
    SEEDING 0 CTT TORRENTS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Cherusken View Post
    Lmao, is this subject up for discussion again?! Anyone curious could read through the already existing thread and tire him/herself to sleep reading it. In any case, there's a lot of "if he only" mentioned here, but his death was just a matter of time as he clearly lived on the edge - and he had at least two close encounters of a similar death earlier, but at those times he was lucky enough to have chicks around with sharper tools in their sheds than the scary skater from hell (who gave Jimi the kiss of death) and could prevent a premature death.

He blessed us with four intense years of music, and what happened happened. I understand the curiosity, but as someone usually says here at the forum, move on folks, nothing here to see. Listen to his beautiful, intriguing, and mindblowing music and try to expand your minds and way of thinking. Don't waste your energies on things we don't entirely know or can not change anyways...
    agreed

Thanks

And what is "their 'mis-interpretation' of Jimi's death in the book"?
    KD: Quoting Monika's fairy tale of what went down, of course. Read the book !
    I have read the book, several times. Have to disagree with your interpretation of that part of the book, that it was a mis-interpretation. Her story was certainly no fairytale that's for sure, it was a nightmare, but to not quote her would have left a large gap (she was after all the sole witness to much of it).
    As to how far you feel her story differs from your alternative view of events? See you know where;-)

They cover all the main angles, including the possibility of suicide & others with conflicting testimony (at that time). They don't claim Monika's description of events as fact, they are merely reporting what she said , they even write: "Monika alleges", but it seems they don't see anything suspicious in her statements etc.
    There was no P. C. Ian Smith statement, no ambulance men testimonies, no Bannister letter's, at that time, and Harvey the party host hadn't been identified either.
    This book is a popular and definitive biography focussing on his life and legacy, with lots of extra valuable info and rare photos, for fans.
    ie The authors were not pursuing Monika through an apparently bitter defamation case as others were a short time later, nor an investigation into a "suspicious death", or a sensationalist, conspiracy, potboiler. They, (like the ambulance men, doctors, pathologist, police and coroner), saw no evidence for suspicion of murder. And they came to the conclusion it was almost certainly an accident, rather than suicide.
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-28-11 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks

... And they came to the conclusion it was almost certainly an accident, rather than suicide.
    ... 'almost certainly' -

- whatever, ... Hendrix death certificate has not been modified and still declares "open verdict".

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

And that's a FACT.
    Shall we move on? ........................................... well until CG re-opens the debate ............................. debate? LMFAO.
    Last edited by Fenders Fingers; 05-29-11 at 11:26 AM.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

He was a Silly Cunt who Fucked up taking too many pills, and denied us - His fans, the chance to say"He was better in the Early Years" I`ll never forgive Him for denying me the chance to Slag Him Off.
    "Fucking Hell, I Broke a String!!"
    1968 Voodoo Chile sessions.