Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alvenia Bridges

Thanks

Re: Alvenia Bridges

Burdon's diluded...
    " Coz i'm a million miles away, and at the same time, i'm right here, in your picture frame "

Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 554 Posts

So are we to presume that Eric Burdon simply invented the story about himself being at the apartment clean-up, in order to give himself some limelight, importance?
    He recounted that to Kathy I believe.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purple jim View Post
    So are we to presume that Eric Burdon simply invented the story about himself being at the apartment clean-up, in order to give himself some limelight, importance?
    He recounted that to Kathy I believe.

He makes up all sorts of stuff about whatever, he just makes it up/changes it as he goes along, it's like he writing a script for a film.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

What a bum.

Thanks

Just to go back to the original topic of the thread... I was just watching the Jimi documentary 'The Man They Made God' (2000) and I noticed Alvenia Bridges is actually interviewed on camera saying,

"A nurse came out and said they thought they had saved him. Then they came back and they said that he was gone. And I didn't believe them because they just said a few minutes ago they thought they had him. So I insisted to see him. I saw his hand and his beautiful turquoise ring that I gave him, and i said 'ok he's gone' ".

In the middle of her statement, it cuts to an interview with one of the doctors on duty who says "I'm absolutely certain he couldn't have been saved. Certainly when I saw him he wasn't saveable". Eric Burdon gives some details of his version of events too. Interesting and worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Just thought I'd throw that into the mix. I'll leave it up to others to decide who's telling the truth and who isn't!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to superflybenito For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superflybenito View Post
    I saw his hand and his beautiful turquoise ring that I gave him
    Is there more to say?
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

"Dead for hours". "He still had some life in him". What a mess all these "eye-witness" accounts are.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superflybenito View Post
    Just to go back to the original topic of the thread... I was just watching the Jimi documentary 'The Man They Made God' (2000)

You forgot to mention it's, amongst the top five for, the worst bargain bin trash JH movie.