Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 604 Posts

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Mist View Post
    lol....rotfl
    Speak English
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Mist View Post
    Another trolling comment....
    You admitted you haven't read the book ffske! What are you doing posting here? Who's the troll?
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    Speak English
    knees up mother brown, knees up mother brown! there you go
    " Coz i'm a million miles away, and at the same time, i'm right here, in your picture frame "

Thanks

^
    Bye, bye

Thanks

You admitted you haven't read the book ffske! What are you doing posting here? Who's the troll?
    BECAUSE { ffs } if you read my earlier post, I said I thought it was wrong to charge sooooo much for a book on jimi! ON TOPIC! I challenged you to say WHY you thought it closed the subject once and for all....you came back with NO relative answer...you trolled
    " Coz i'm a million miles away, and at the same time, i'm right here, in your picture frame "

Thanks

^
    Try reading what I wrote

Thanks

reading now....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 654 Posts

*** WATCH OUT FOR YOUR EARS !***

“We don’t want to be classed in any category.” -Jimi Hendrix

"If you can play, you can play anything. I don't like classifications." - Buddy Rich

Thanks

Hmmm.....interesting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post

Thanks

having now read the book....im pleased with { most } of his work to de-bunk the myths surrounding that night/early morning...some great pics I havnt seen aswell.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherokee Mist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We know what happened to Jimi, there is no mystery. He took an overdose of Vesparax which suppressed his cough reflex to such a point, that when he vomited he choked to death on it. It's tragic, yet mundane.
    Yeah, but..... WHY did he puke?
    (Enough puke to drown in?)

Is that normal for someone who is not drunk and just sleeping?

Thanks

On "Newspapers & magazine" item, page4, I look at the article "Jimi's last lost days" and I see these words " I need help bad, man". It's supposed to be the last recorded words of Jimi. C.G doesn't speak about that in his book. I suppose it's completely untrue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticbumwipe View Post
    Yeah, but..... WHY did he puke?
    (Enough puke to drown in?)

Is that normal for someone who is not drunk and just sleeping?
    Vomiting is a common side effect/symptom of barbiturate overdose. He only had to inhale enough puke to choke to death, with a severely impaired cough reflex and depressed breathing also caused by the barbiturates, it probably wouldn't take that much - you want to call that drowning? Drowning is a word normally associated with full submersion, eg a bath, river, sea, a vat of Malmsey wine etc. ie not the same thing as choking, ie surrounded by air that can't get past what is internally blocking your air-passage and lungs.
    Last edited by stplsd; 01-28-12 at 02:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by verdon View Post
    I suppose it's completely untrue?
    This has already been gone over elsewhere, several times over the years. The whole article is 'in your face' gossip rag bullshit concocted when they heard JH had been "missing" (ie management didn't know where he was), as he hadn't stayed at the Cumberland for a few days - he was at Monika's

17. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ok STPLSD..... I owe you an apology...sorry for my earlier post(s)....Very interesting thread.

My conclusion after reading UNWA is that Jimi took too many pills, probably washed them down with cola, maybe it fizzed up and caused him to vomit ( along with the Barbs known nausia effect } and he choked and expired at the hospital..............tragic and such a waste of a life. RIP

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherokee Mist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^
    On balance I think he was probably just DOA, but that changes nothing really, he took too much, it was discovered too late and the 'attempt' to treat him failed.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^
    On balance I think he was probably just DOA, but that changes nothing really, he took too much, it was discovered too late and the 'attempt' to treat him failed.
    Which is sad but he wasn't the only one famous or ordinary that ended up losing their life doing the same thing. Maybe in some obscure way it's the reason those dosages aren't available today?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpstat View Post
    Which is sad but he wasn't the only one famous or ordinary that ended up losing their life doing the same thing.
    As I have pointed out, giving several [in]famous examples

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpstat View Post
    Maybe in some obscure way it's the reason those dosages aren't available today?
    Not sure what you are on about? These drugs aren't available at all out outside of 'theatre' (ie 'anasthesia/operations') and haven't been available on prescription since the late 70's, do you mean information on them? I have provided that.

Must say thanks, sorry I didn't pick up on it, when you pointed out the (obvious, when you know ) rigor mortis and lividity facts, and your correct cough reflex vs, my incorrect 'choke' (or whatever) reflex, to me it was just the same (we know what the effect is) during an argument with the beast etc. It's a relatively common cause of death, however described
    Last edited by stplsd; 02-28-12 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 354 Posts

Easy to read summary and well-balanced, objective view of the cause of Jimi's death, probably the best I have come across on the web (on a health care blog!):

Jimi Hendricks Asphyxiated: Sleeping Pills Overdose

Posted on September 16, 2011 by admin
    Much of Jimi Hendrix’s brief career was spent touring, however he considered London his home. In 1970’s, mid September, which was the last week of Jimi’s life, he tracked Linda Keith down to a club. After she dumped him, they had not been friends. Jimi had later recorded ‘send my love to Linda’ which was an ode to her from Hendrix. At Speakeasy club, Jimi handed a guitar case that contained a brand new Fender Stratocaster to Linda which was kind of a confession to their past. After a brief conversation, Jimi walked off with a 25 year old German ice-skater, the beautiful blonde, Monika Dannemann. Monika was Jimmy’s paramour in London during the last days of his life.
    Sleeping Pills Overdose

On September 17th, Thursday, Jimmy woke up late in hotel Lansdowne Crescent in Monica’s hotel room. Later, a man named Philip Harvey invited Jimi for tea. Jimi arrived at Harvey’s home in Kensington as per schedule. Jimi with his friends, smoked hash and had tea and wine. Jimi later went to a party at night alone and complained to his friends about his exhaustion due to touring. He took an amphetamine tablet and apparently consumed other drugs, given his reckless drug addiction. Later on Monika came to pick Jimi and he reportedly went with her. What followed on later was shocking. At around 4 in the morning, Jimi demanded for some sleeping pills after having wine. Monika refused and she insisted Jimi should try to sleep naturally. However, Jimi kept on nudging till Monika brought him 50 tablets of a high power German sedative Vesparax. The ideal dose was half a tablet. Monika consumed a tablet and fell asleep. Jimi despite complaining exhaustion for a fortnight still felt deprived of sleep. Jimi later consumed 9 tablets of Vesparax under the impression that the sedative was way weaker than its American counterparts. If Jimi wanted to kill himself, he would not have left 31 tablets in the strip. Later early morning, the deadly combination of Vesparax, alcohol and several drugs made Jimi’s body throw the contents out of his body. The mixture caused aspiration in his lungs that made him unable to breathe. A person who was not under the influence of drugs and alcohol would have thrown up naturally. If Monika were awake, she could have heard him gasp and helped him clear his airway. Several of Jimi’s girlfriends had to help him clear his airways numerous times over the years. Jimi died that morning due to asphyxiation. Rock music lost its undoubted legend due to asphyxiation and sleeping pills overdose. This is what caused the death of Jimi Hendrix. Asphyxiated due to sleeping pills overdose, Jimi died 6 days before the 4th anniversary of arrival in London.
    What is Asphyxiation?
    Asphyxiation is defined as deficiency in oxygen supply to the body sparked due to abnormal breathing. Choking is an example of asphyxia. Asphyxia leads to generalized hypoxia, which mainly affects the tissues in the body. The following are few of the reasons of asphyxia.

• Seizures that stops breathing.

• Alveolar hypoventilation syndrome, an autonomic nervous system disorder in which a person must consciously breathe.

• Drug overdose (which happened in case of Jimi Hendrix)

• Sleep apnea

• Acute respiratory distress syndrome
    The following are few of the treatment options in case of asphyxia. Seek medical advise about any of the treatment options.

• Expired air resuscitation

• First aid to remove foreign body

• Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation

• Emergency resuscitation
    This is about Jimi Hendrix and the unfortunate episode of his death due to asphyxia.

http://www.shopeastwest.com/blog/hea...pills-overdose
    "Specially when your only friend talks, looks, sees and feels like you, and you do the same just like him." Jimi Hendrix - My Friend

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezy Rider For This Useful Post: