Thanks
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 539 Posts

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Eric BURDON.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vkd108 View Post

Equally interesting is that he was lying on top of the made bed fully clothed, which isn't a normal going-to-sleep type of thing to do. (The normal is to take off the day clothes and get into the bed (between the sheets type of thing).
    Rock stars on drugs aren't normal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dino77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vkd108 View Post
    Burden wasn't there when the body was there. When the ambulance came there was no-one. He most likely told Dannemann to get out of the way when she rang him too.

What I find most interesting is that the post mortem found rice in his stomach partially digested, rice that he would've eaten around midnight, which in and of itself puts the death time at around 1:30am as any later the rice would've been completely digested, so said the pathologist.

Equally interesting is that he was lying on top of the made bed fully clothed, which isn't a normal going-to-sleep type of thing to do. (The normal is to take off the day clothes and get into the bed (between the sheets type of thing).
    I disagree, I think he did go there when the body was in there as I thought in Caesar's book he claims Burdon watched the ambulance from across the road...therefore its possible that he went into the flat. the guys a snake.
    " Coz i'm a million miles away, and at the same time, i'm right here, in your picture frame "

Thanks
    Thanked 5,994 Times in 1,545 Posts

DAILY MAIL - LONDON, ENGLAND 22 June 2011

'Red wine could have led to Jimi Hendrix's death', says close friend Meic Stevens

The doctor who attempted to save Jimi Hendrix on the night that the guitarist died said it was 'plausible' he was murdered because he 'drowned in red wine'.

But the iconic musician may have choked and died because he did not know how to drink the substance, close friend Meic Stevens has revealed.

Speaking publicly for the first time about the night leading to Hendrix's death, the singer-songwriter said the star was mixing red wine with lager and drinking the concoction from a pint glass.

He said: ‘I was with Jimi Hendrix the night he died. He had been drinking red wine with me - even though he had never drunk red wine in his life before.

The 69-year-old claimed he and Hendrix had been having a night out with Marmalade stars Gary Farr and Jimmy Cregan, as well as Eric Clapton, at the infamous Scotch of St James bar in Mayfair.

In an interview for Radio 4 documentary Free Wales Harmony, Mr Stevens claimed Hendrix was intrigued that he was drinking Louis St George Burgundy and wanted to try it.

He added: ‘[Hendrix] was drinking lager or some kind of beer and he just poured the wine in to the pint glass. I don’t think he had ever drunk red wine before – he didn’t know how to drink it.

‘But he seemed okay. He seemed to be alright. But the next day I woke up late and somebody phoned and said Jimi’s dead. Apparently he choked on his own vomit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...c-Stevens.html

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

In all the material written about `jimi and the room at Samarkand. I didn't fully realise that he was fully dressed when he was found by paramedics. then again I watched journalist Anne bjordnal say on camera (in an old documentary about 20 Years ago) that she watched him take lots of sleeping pills and fall asleep on top of the bed n I think it a Copenhagen hotel room. she said when he awoke the next morning the first thing he said was "I want to brush my teeth!" It could of been the same sad scenario the night in Dannemans hotel room. Again we';; never know the exact details of his final hours when ne arrived back with her.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sidesofthesky View Post
    In all the material written about `jimi and the room at Samarkand. I didn't fully realise that he was fully dressed when he was found by paramedics. then again I watched journalist Anne bjordnal say on camera (in an old documentary about 20 Years ago) that she watched him take lots of sleeping pills and fall asleep on top of the bed n I think it a Copenhagen hotel room. she said when he awoke the next morning the first thing he said was "I want to brush my teeth!" It could of been the same sad scenario the night in Dannemans hotel room. Again we';; never know the exact details of his final hours when ne arrived back with her.
    It wasn't Anne Björndal and Copenhagen, it was a Swedish girlfriend in Gothenburg.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieRadio View Post
    DAILY MAIL - LONDON, ENGLAND 22 June 2011

'Red wine could have led to Jimi Hendrix's death', says close friend Meic Stevens

The doctor who attempted to save Jimi Hendrix on the night that the guitarist died said it was 'plausible' he was murdered because he 'drowned in red wine'.

But the iconic musician may have choked and died because he did not know how to drink the substance, close friend Meic Stevens has revealed.

Speaking publicly for the first time about the night leading to Hendrix's death, the singer-songwriter said the star was mixing red wine with lager and drinking the concoction from a pint glass.

He said: ‘I was with Jimi Hendrix the night he died. He had been drinking red wine with me - even though he had never drunk red wine in his life before.

The 69-year-old claimed he and Hendrix had been having a night out with Marmalade stars Gary Farr and Jimmy Cregan, as well as Eric Clapton, at the infamous Scotch of St James bar in Mayfair.

In an interview for Radio 4 documentary Free Wales Harmony, Mr Stevens claimed Hendrix was intrigued that he was drinking Louis St George Burgundy and wanted to try it.

He added: ‘[Hendrix] was drinking lager or some kind of beer and he just poured the wine in to the pint glass. I don’t think he had ever drunk red wine before – he didn’t know how to drink it.

‘But he seemed okay. He seemed to be alright. But the next day I woke up late and somebody phoned and said Jimi’s dead. Apparently he choked on his own vomit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...c-Stevens.html
    Wow, such bullshit.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,994 Times in 1,545 Posts

INTERVIEW WITH ALVENIA BRIDGES - Says Monika was "sitting there" when she got to the hospital.

Talks about it at the 3:40 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXmx6w2IOZ8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieRadio View Post
    INTERVIEW WITH ALVENIA BRIDGES - Says Monika was "sitting there" when she got to the hospital.

Talks about it at the 3:40 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXmx6w2IOZ8
    Thanks for the link. Very interesting to see and hear her speak. Just wish they closed the damn window to shut that traffic noise up!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pukaha For This Useful Post: